Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS Box - including NZB + Video Surveillance

Options
  • 28-10-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hello boards

I'm currently trying to build the perfect NAS box with the following requirements:
    • Low power (well below 100W peak power, 40W idle ish would be great)
    • 1 x 2.5 SSD for operating system
    • 4 x 3.5 2TB Raid 5
    • MySQL
    • NZB (newsgroups downloads)
    • Sickbeard + Couch potato
    • Video Surveillance
    • Physically Small Size
    • Near Silent Operation (will be situated close to my media server)

I've been looking at options like 4 bay Synology and Qnap NAS products but I'm not sure they're the best option for automatic NZB downloads. Specifically I use Sickbeards + CouchPotato to download and update my XBMC centralised database (which I want to keep on the NAS drive hence the need for MySQL.) Also use of survelliance cameras, I plan on having 3 x internet protocol cameras installed around the house to provide security.

Any uber geeks advice would be well appreciated. I guess what I'm looking for first would be the perfect case, motherboard, cpu, etc, all mini itx sized of course.

If I can get everything cheaper than €599 and it would perform as good as this then I guess I'm on the right track.

Thanks a Million in advance.

Advertisement