Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Adult Credit Building Advice

Options
  • 28-10-2012 5:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45

Long time lurker looking for advice on building up her credit score! So basically no cc no overdrafts loans etc ever, apart from a bill pay phone, does that even count? Has anyone any advice it would be appreciated very much ty!!xx

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 AgentOraiste

Bump??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Are you working? If you have wages being paid into your account on a regular basis you should be able to borrow an amount based on those

Are you working? If you have wages being paid into your account on a regular basis you should be able to borrow an amount based on those

No im in college ya see, getting a grant but thats it, i was more concerned with building up a credit record

No im in college ya see, getting a grant but thats it, i was more concerned with building up a credit record

Open up a credit union account. Set up a standing order from your bank into your credit union, even just €5/10 a week. This will give you access to credit as well as building up a credit score assuming you always have enough in your bank acc to meet the payments

Open up a credit union account. Set up a standing order from your bank into your credit union, even just €5/10 a week. This will give you access to credit as well as building up a credit score assuming you always have enough in your bank acc to meet the payments

I dont see how that builds up a credit score if its not paying a bill or a debt such as a credit card? :confused:

• Advertisement

I dont see how that builds up a credit score if its not paying a bill or a debt such as a credit card? :confused:

Sorry, I got the impression you were planning on applying for credit, ie a loan. Credit union would have been your best option.

Sorry I can't be more helpful :o

Sorry, I got the impression you were planning on applying for credit, ie a loan. Credit union would have been your best option.

Sorry I can't be more helpful :O

No probs ty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

We don't have credit scores here, that's an American thing. We have credit records which show if you have defaulted on the payments. Banks will look at your earnings, and your capacity to repay. Having a consistent savings record will help this. It's very good advice to open a credit union account.

We don't have credit scores here, that's an American thing. We have credit records which show if you have defaulted on the payments. Banks will look at your earnings, and your capacity to repay. Having a consistent savings record will help this. It's very good advice to open a credit union account.

I meant to say credit record :D so does it not count that you are able to pay your bills consistently no??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I meant to say credit record :D so does it not count that you are able to pay your bills consistently no??

No , just loans, overdrafts and credit cards.

Any they only stay on record for 5 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement