Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English refereeing's darkest day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

@rarnes.
    This is typical of your posting, it's all jokes, fun and games when it's Liverpool then you go full on Maude Flanders when it's United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Leiva wrote: »
    Homer you have me mixed up with someone else.

nope, your first reply to this thread was to say the following about david gill, which was in relation to the fact that Liverpool fans felt agrived at the decisions in the Everton v Liverpool and Chelsea V United games -
    Look this is going to be hard to sound unbiased...,

but there is no fücking way a club official should be vice chairman of the FA.
    I would hold this belief if it was my team who had their CEO as vice chairmen of the FA.

Honest intentions or not they (FA) will always be open to such scrutiny and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He actually attempted to break his ankle? Pre-meditated?

Does Lionel Hutz know about this?

I actually asked you to explain at the time what he was attempting to do. Do you have an answer now?

iHvvo5bLLinZE.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I really do dislike Suarez. He has so much talent but he dives and cheats at almost every opportunity.

Edit: Jeez thats a despicable thing to do in the .gif posted just before me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

cambo2008 wrote: »
    @rarnes.
    This is typical of your posting, it's all jokes, fun and games when it's Liverpool then you go full on Maude Flanders when it's United.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

eagle eye wrote: »
    I really do dislike Suarez. He has so much talent but he dives and cheats at almost every opportunity.

He has been at it all season tbf. Rakes of similar gifs doing the rounds. None of the tackles are as dangerous Keane vrs Haaland, for example, but he'll eventually injure someone. seems to do it out of frustration.

Anyway, back on point, English refereeing's darkest day was probably that ghost goal Reading got a few years back. Mental decision.

@rarnes.

You do the same yourself Marge :D

Why what did I complain about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

nope, your first reply to this thread was to say the following about david gill, which was in relation to the fact that Liverpool fans felt agrived at the decisions in the Everton v Liverpool and Chelsea V United games -

wrong on both accounts!

I never once mentioned David Gill and clearly stated that I would have the same concerns if the LFC CEO was made FA chairman. It's there plain to see.

I also stated that good intentions or not the FA will always be open to scrutiny and backlash for this moronic appointment.

It's a big jump from you to say my post all boiled down to David Gill and a decision against Everton when my OP was clear as day :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You do the same yourself Marge :D

Why what did I complain about?
    I ain't got all night.

• Advertisement

Wasn't Liverpool's CEO or somebody to do with them involved with the FA a while back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

eagle eye wrote: »

Here's another one,so he has form.

iVAHZvIvZ2ssX.gif

The thing about Suarez is that he simply doesn't care about peoples opinions,he cheats,dives,racially abuses players but doesn't give a fiddlers what anyone thinks of his actions.This trait of his is what makes people hate him even more.

I ain't got all night.

Shame, you're great crack!

Wasn't Liverpool's CEO or somebody to do with them involved with the FA a while back?

Arsenal.

Stupid appointment also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't think it was deliberate but I understand why some people think it was, he does have a bit of form for it. I'm not talking about the Ghana thing either, I think he's been booked for it already this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

zerks wrote: »

iVAHZvIvZ2ssX.gif
    Suarez.gif

No wonder he couldn't score last year if he is kicking for the ball that late :D

• Advertisement

Arsenal.

Stupid appointment also.

I know the Arsenal one. pretty sure there was a Liverpool one as well. not sure how I'd go about finding it out but I'll have a look.

Edit: Noel White. Was director for Liverpool until 2006, chairman for a while in the 90s and VP of the FA from 96-02.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

wrong on both accounts!

I never once mentioned David Gill and clearly stated that I would have the same concerns if the LFC CEO was made FA chairman. It's there plain to see.

I also stated that good intentions or not the FA will always be open to scrutiny and backlash for this moronic appointment.

It's a big jump from you to say my post all boiled down to David Gill and a decision against Everton when my OP was clear as day :confused:

you really should actually read the thread again, before posting....just incase there is something wrong with your boards access, ill refresh your mind, here is your next line on the topic a few minutes later.
    Yes but that was also a crazy appointment. It doesn't make Gills appointment anyless bizarre.

your point about Liverpool CEO or whatever is redundant as all you are doing is attempting to add some mystical muscle to your argument when the reality is you wouldnt give two f8cks if it ever happened.

in a thread about bad decisions, your first point was to give our about the fact that United CE was on the FA board. you are trying to deny this, which is sad and i have since proven that you are telling porkies.

i take it on this evidence and your subsequent dose of Alzheimers about the topic, that you no longer believe that conspiracy theories exist when refs makes mistakes and that, you are outraged by the performance of Marriner and his 3 colleagues today?

write a letter to Mr Gill and tell him as such please and it should make you feel better.

iVAHZvIvZ2ssX.gif

The thing about Suarez is that he simply doesn't care about peoples opinions,he cheats,dives,racially abuses players but doesn't give a fiddlers what anyone thinks of his actions.This trait of his is what makes people hate him even more.

Could probably link filty tackles from Rooney, Fellanni and a host of other players if that's the game.

Some of the best players have a wild streak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Could probably link filty tackles from Rooney, Fellanni and a host of other players if that's the game.

Link us one with Rooney doing this.
    luis%20suarez%20outrageous%20tackle.gif

Jaysus, looking at it again, he was lucky to come out of it in one piece

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Arsenal.

Stupid appointment also.

Where should the appointment come from? Outside of football? No matter the club or the level there's always going to be accusations of bias because that's the way that football fans are. I'm struggling to see how this problem can be addressed to your satisfaction. I'd have thought that given the nature of the role it'd have to be someone involved in the game, in club football. Does that not make any appointment suspicious? Doesn't it also seem a little nuts to evaluate the role like that?

• Advertisement

Suarez has been particularly bad this season, tough. Haven't seen much from Rooney in a while but he has his moments. Fellaini is filthy, tbf. Doubt anyone will deny it. Not sure what the point is, though, considering people were talking about Suarez. What they do doesn't negate Suarez's actions.

you really should actually read the thread again, before posting....just incase there is something wrong with your boards access, ill refresh your mind, here is your next line on the topic a few minutes later.

your point about Liverpool CEO or whatever is redundant as all you are doing is attempting to add some mystical muscle to your argument when the reality is you wouldnt give two f8cks if it ever happened.

in a thread about bad decisions, your first point was to give our about the fact that United CE was on the FA board. you are trying to deny this, which is sad and i have since proven that you are telling porkies.

i take it on this evidence and your subsequent dose of Alzheimers about the topic, that you no longer believe that conspiracy theories exist when refs makes mistakes and that, you are outraged by the performance of Marriner and his 3 colleagues today?

write a letter to Mr Gill and tell him as such please and it should make you feel better.

Are you for ****ing real accusing me of pulling a topic out of my arse and then accusing me of trying to deny it?

The OP asked a question (2 posts before mine)
    Does David Gill's position within the FA make for a conflict of interest?
    I clearly posted my views in a reply directly on it trying not to sound biased, and deliberately not mentioning names in concern that the thread would go the way you have just made the last few posts on this page.

Then someone mentions David Deins appointment to which I did reply with Gills name, but that was after the event (original reply) and the thread had evolved.

Don't try and make out I was lying when in your last post, and you deliberately ignore to mention how the thread envolved and unfolded.

I'm done with this.
    Don't try and make out you were all about officials missing decisions when your true intentions was to bring Man Utd and previous comments into the Frey........something I intentionally tried to avoid!

Where should the appointment come from? Outside of football? No matter the club or the level there's always going to be accusations of bias because that's the way that football fans are. I'm struggling to see how this problem can be addressed to your satisfaction. I'd have thought that given the nature of the role it'd have to be someone involved in the game, in club football. Does that not make any appointment suspicious? Doesn't it also seem a little nuts to evaluate the role like that?

This only became an issue when somebody affiliated with United took over the position. not a dickie bird when it was a Liverpool director or a former Arsenal chairman. And rightly so because it's all conspiracy theory mentalness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I thought this thread was about the standard of refereeing in the english game, why the **** are people posting gifs of suarez.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I thought this thread was about the standard of refereeing in the english game, why the **** are people posting gifs of suarez.

Yeah it is a bit OT tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

It's gas how many people get wound up by this kind of stuff, proper wound up too, you do see them down the pub absolutely losing the plot, headcases.

Suarez has been particularly bad this season, tough. Haven't seen much from Rooney in a while but he has his moments. Fellaini is filthy, tbf. Doubt anyone will deny it. Not sure what the point is, though, considering people were talking about Suarez. What they do doesn't negate Suarez's actions.

If he's so bad why aren't the FA doing something about it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

This only became an issue when somebody affiliated with United took over the position. not a dickie bird when it was a Liverpool director or a former Arsenal chairman. And rightly so because it's all conspiracy theory mentalness.

I for one chafe under the tyrannical reign of David Bernstein.

Suarez.gif

No wonder he couldn't score last year if he is kicking for the ball that late :D

Against Swansea in November.

iWBnjT9A7flIm.gif

He seems to have a lot of accidents on the pitch,maybe like the handball today,these were accidents too.He's more accident prone than Mr. Bean it seems

untitled-11cyali.gif
    untitled-12wpkwv.gif

suarez-rafaelrgv6j.gif

luis%20suarez%20outrageous%20tackle.gif

He was quoted as saying: "If I am obliged to stop a ball in the last minute and we win, then I will repeat the action. Success for Liverpool is more important to me than anything else."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

niallo27 wrote: »

You're right, there should be a thread devoted to suarez' antics. It could contain his best handballs, bad tackles, racist rantings and blatent diving. We could update it every few weeks and see how far he can push the boundries til some player decides to give him a dose of his own medicine;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Wall of Suarez gifs.

This is a thread about referees and decisions. Your Suarez obsession should be posted elsewhere. Can I suggest the Long Term Illness thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

It's gas how many people get wound up by this kind of stuff, proper wound up too, you do see them down the pub absolutely losing the plot, headcases.

Yup the same fans who defended racism. They don't belong in the game tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He was quoted as saying: "If I am obliged to stop a ball in the last minute and we win, then I will repeat the action. Success for Liverpool is more important to me than anything else."

Legend.

Anyone wrote: »
    This is a thread about referees and decisions.

Resurrected due to the cheating of one player today.

Wall of gifs could be even bigger if you like.

Even the fans behind the goal had a delayed reaction before celebrating today as they seemed to expect the whistle to go for a free out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Whether or not Luis Suarez is a piece of **** or not is not up for debate on this thread afaik, the answer to that question is already known by most anyway.

Officials have a tough job, some of them make life very hard on themselves and others. Better training and more accountability and help for them would help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

http://youtu.be/CqHPNbLLUZU

just thought i'd add this for the larf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Resurrected due to the cheating of one player today.

Even the fans behind the goal had a delayed reaction before celebrating today as they seemed to expect the whistle to go for a free out.

So talk about the refs, and spam gifs of them blowing whistles and showing cards.

At least he apologised for doing that & got a ban.

He said that about his handball for Uraguay

And rightly so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone got a gif of Rooney attempting to murder McCarthy by elbowing him in the head?

It's a scummy thing to do. But he's not near the level of Suarez. I wonder will Liverpool fans defend him so blindly when he gets his move to a big club?

he apologised because he would not have had his ban reduced if he didn't.
    and i'm pretty sure he apologised first for getting sent off, not for kicking the montenegro player

Anyone wrote: »
    So talk about the refs, and spam gifs of them blowing whistles and showing cards.

Whatever floats your boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He said that about his handball for Uraguay

And rightly so

Yeah who added liverpool to the quote?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Anyone got a gif of Rooney attempting to murder McCarthy by elbowing him in the head?

lol a bit OTT as usual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Any chance you could stick up the one where he kicked the keeper a week or two back? You seem like someone with plenty of time on their hands so I will let you figure out which match.

not a gif but rooney elbowing mccarthy nonetheless
    http://youtu.be/IjVU6Twg2lg

not a gif but rooney elbowing mccarthy nonetheless
    http://youtu.be/IjVU6Twg2lg

It only counts if its a gif

kryogen wrote: »
    Yeah who added liverpool to the quote?

Is was a question before the FA cup semi iirc. From some rag.

Stick two sentences together and idiots who read rags lap it up. But that's the idea isn't it

Watching the incident again-there was a clear line of sight from the linesman to Suarez,so how the hell did he miss the handball? It's not as if he was trying to see if a ball crossed the line among a scrum of players.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement