Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English refereeing's darkest day?

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

zerks wrote: »
    Whatever floats your boat.

You dont get it do you? You are spamming a thread with off topic gifs. The thread is about refereeing mistakes and errors. Not about Luis Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If he's so bad why aren't the FA doing something about it then?

What? They can only deal with what the ref catches. There is no denying that he has been at it all season, particularly when Liverpool aren't doing well. But he's hardly Vinnie Jones or Roy Keane. Still doesn't mean it's not worth pointing put. People have been pointing it out about Scholes for years, which is fair enough, so Suarez is also fair game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone wrote: »
    You dont get it do you? You are spamming a thread with off topic gifs. The thread is about refereeing mistakes and errors. Not about Luis Suarez.

Look at his posting history and all becomes clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Look at his posting history and all becomes clear.

Yours is pretty interesting too:rolleyes:

You're right, there should be a thread devoted to suarez' antics. It could contain his best handballs, bad tackles, racist rantings and blatent diving. We could update it every few weeks and see how far he can push the boundries til some player decides to give him a dose of his own medicine;)

G'wan ahead, it'll be a good filter!

What? They can only deal with what the ref catches. There is no denying that he has been at it all season, particularly when Liverpool aren't doing well. But he's hardly Vinnie Jones or Roy Keane. Still doesn't mean it's not worth pointing put. People have been pointing it out about Scholes for years, which is fair enough, so Suarez is also fair game.

When Scholes put in a bad tackle it's laughed over as a typical Paul Scholes tackle by most including commentators. When Suarez does it, it's well. Just look at the last few pages :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

this pic would suggest the handball was intentional...

_65102494_65102493.jpg

Jesus, some of the Liverpool lads are getting right uppity over people having a pop at Suarez. You'd swear they hadn't made a meal out of every Ronaldo dive, Keane tackle, Scholes hack, piece of Rooney cynicism. Get over it lads, Suarez is prone to dodgy actions on the pitch.

Turtyturd thanks a post calling a player a "Legend",who declares openly he'd cheat in a game

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82543143&postcount=534

Couldn't give us a clearer picture of where your loyalties lie when it comes to integrity in the game.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    When Scholes put in a bad tackle it's laughed over as a typical Paul Scholes tackle by most including commentators. When Suarez does it, it's well. Just look at the last few pages :)

This may be the case with some of the more idiotic commentators but that is most certainly not the case on here or within the football community in general, Andy Gray and Adrian Chiles don't represent the majority view.

• Advertisement

This may be the case with some of the more idiotic commentators but that is most certainly not the case on here or within the football community in general, Andy Gray and Adrian Chiles don't represent the majority view.

You know what I'm saying though.

The commentators today on ESPN went way ott, and muppets just lap it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Yours is pretty interesting too:rolleyes:

Watch out he'll report you for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Andy Gray and Adrian Chiles don't represent the majority view.

here is the problem, people spend so much time listening to these clowns, that they cannot make up their own opinions.

slow motion replays also have alot to answer for also, they can represent a totally different reality to what actually happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

_65102494_65102493.jpg

From the gifs I have seen it did look accidental in all fairness

And this is from someone who absolutely despises him

kryogen wrote: »
    From the gifs I have seen it did look accidental in all fairness

And this is from someone who absolutely despises him

I didn't post it:pac:

_65102494_65102493.jpg

I'm not saying whether it was intentional or not but linking a still photograph is never good in a for or against argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

slow motion replays also have alot to answer for also, they can represent a totally different reality to what actually happened.

lol

I didn't post it:pac:

I despise him

No way it was intentional. He'd need to be a ninja to do that.

• Advertisement

here is the problem, people spend so much time listening to these clowns, that they cannot make up their own opinions.

2 things we can certainly agree on.

Appropriate gif.

5f59c5db6db31cc4af19ef496c1ed13d-baby-loves-window.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Against Swansea in November.

iWBnjT9A7flIm.gif

He seems to have a lot of accidents on the pitch,maybe like the handball today,these were accidents too.He's more accident prone than Mr. Bean it seems

untitled-11cyali.gif
    untitled-12wpkwv.gif

suarez-rafaelrgv6j.gif

luis%20suarez%20outrageous%20tackle.gif

He was quoted as saying: "If I am obliged to stop a ball in the last minute and we win, then I will repeat the action. Success for Liverpool is more important to me than anything else."

Jaysus, we could make a gif thread about Paul Scholes' tackles if we want to play this game. Good old Scholesy, he just can't tackle, can he?. But he does keep trying, bless him

Pro. F wrote: »
    lol

Well spotted.

Homer seems confused.

Slow mo's are a no-no, but still photographs are fine ! :D

Pro. F wrote: »
    lol

Did the same myself when I read the two quotes :)

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jaysus, we could make a gif thread about Paul Scholes' tackles if we want to play this game. Good old Scholesy, he just can't tackle, can he?. But he does keep trying, bless him

Why don't you? What is stopping you? Again, how does this just justify those Suarez tackles?

• Advertisement

No way it was intentional. He'd need to be a ninja to do that.

He must have been a ninja,that explains why the officials didn't spot him doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why don't you? What is stopping you? Again, how does this just justify those Suarez tackles?

Why would i??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Turtyturd thanks a post calling a player a "Legend",who declares openly he'd cheat in a game

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82543143&postcount=534

Couldn't give us a clearer picture of where your loyalties lie when it comes to integrity in the game.

After the game against Ghana.
    Yessssss....c'mon Uruguay.

Love the Suarez celebration.

LEGEND.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why would i??

What? This is weird. You were the one who brought it up. Do it or don't, but why bring it up otherwise?

After the game against Ghana.

LEGEND.

You probably said the same after he abused Evra;)

Robert Huth is a Legend for stamping on Suarez,pity it didn't happen every time he did something scummy-then he'd soon stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

this pic would suggest the handball intentional
    homerjay2005

:eek:

You probably said the same after he abused Evra;)

Robert Huth is a Legend for stamping on Suarez,pity it didn't happen every time he did something scummxy-then he'd soon stop.

So you're bitching and moaning about Suarez's bad tackles and then you say Huth is a legend for stamping on Suarez.

Hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Cock waving competition over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement