Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice problem

Options
  • 28-10-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there

We live in Charlesland court and have recently started hearing scratching noises in the walls. We think it may be mice as it sounds like they are running around. We are in one if the apts - just wondering if anyone else has come across this and how we can access the inside of the walls to set traps etc

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

if you're in one of the apartments and the scratching is coming from behind one of the walls, best thing is to contact the management company...if there's a rodent problem, it's best to have it dealt with by professionals.
    I assume it's one of the ground floor apartments, so if the little darlings have made their own entrance way from the outside, it'd be as well to have it blocked...again, better done by professionals

• Registered Users Posts: 4 centralpark

if you're in one of the apartments and the scratching is coming from behind one of the walls, best thing is to contact the management company...if there's a rodent problem, it's best to have it dealt with by professionals.
    I assume it's one of the ground floor apartments, so if the little darlings have made their own entrance way from the outside, it'd be as well to have it blocked...again, better done by professionals

Thanks for the advice. Will contact management company on Tuesday. We are in one if the ground floor apartments. Can hear them above our bathroom and in between on of our walls. Just hope it's not rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

When the weather turns cold the mice will try to come indoors. Always have a few mouse traps set and waiting for them. Never lay poison inside your house but put some peanut butter on the mousetraps and you are sure to catch them. While you are waiting for the management company set the traps yourself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I'm with Pixbyjohn on this one, set a few traps it is very simple.

It is simply not practical to make an entire apartment block "mouse proof".
    Most homes in Ireland will have a rodent issue from time to time. The best thing to do is to act quickly by setting traps and leave no food out.
    Pay particular attention to how food waste is disposed of.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Little holes in the floor in the hotpress are often good places to place traps outside of. i've trapped heaps this way over the years. They always seem to come out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement