Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External 1tb drive not detected on Xbox

Options
  • 28-10-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

I'm at my wits end here. I have a 1TB drive connected to my Xbox360. Thing is, the only way I can get the xbox to detect it is to pull the power on the Xbox. Works fine then. However, everytime I turn off the Xbox, I have to pull the power before it will detect it again.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I'm at my wits end here. I have a 1TB drive connected to my Xbox360. Thing is, the only way I can get the xbox to detect it is to pull the power on the Xbox. Works fine then. However, everytime I turn off the Xbox, I have to pull the power before it will detect it again.

Any ideas?

Is it formatted to fat32? Is it USB 3.0 some of these are known to cause issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Whatever you do, don't format/configure it when it's plugged into the Xbox, the xbox can only recognise 32GB of space when plugged in to USB. Anything more will just be wasted.

Advertisement