Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Lodge Complaint Against Mark Clattenberg

• 28-10-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭

For racist language used against 2 players apparently. Breaking now on SSN. Pretty serious allegations if true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

WOW, I sense a sh!tstorm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would be shocked if this is true given what has gone on lately.

He'd have to be absolutely braindead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

CSF wrote: »
    He'd have to be absolutely braindead.
    Judging by some of his decisions today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

They're saying not racist, but 'inappropriate'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

The FA should punish him and not disclose what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wonder if Evra will pull a Cole, and say his team mate was talking to him.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭CSF

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Judging by some of his decisions today...
    Like the offside that he didn't decide on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sigh. One saga ends and another begins. This is all we're going to hear about for months now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Degag wrote: »
    For racist language used against 2 players apparently. Breaking now on SSN. Pretty serious allegations if true.

He was just been sarcastic that's ok isn't it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They're saying not racist, but 'inappropriate'.

He said John Terry was a nice fella & that Ashley Cole always tells the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Jax Teller wrote: »
    He was just been sarcastic that's ok isn't it ?

Maybe he was just repeating what he thought he heard the players say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This thread is gonna descend into complete ****ing chaos as well. Easy knowing there's a full moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Suarez has alot to answer for.......

Verbally insulted 2 players is all i can find via Twitter.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is there a link for the racist remarks?. Can find loads for inappropriate language.

CSF wrote: »
    Like the offside that he didn't decide on?
    No, the rest of them.
    Torres should have gone earlier, ivanovich got away scot free for tackle on RvP.
    Torres was clipped by Evans and he gets booked. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I think he was overheard saying "I'm not on Fergies Payroll"😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Clattenburg used racist language?

It's not racist language it's 'inappropriate' according to SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Probably just told them to **** off, which is no worse than what players say to referees about 100 times a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Did you hear the one about.....

(mind is boggling)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

This could descend into farce , If he has told one or two of the to F**k off then I think its fair game as they do take a lot of stick from the players,

If he has been reported for something like that then every single player will be in the referees crosshairs from now in respect to foul language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If he is found guilty, then he will be dealt with accordingly. If he is found innocent, then Chelsea should be dealt with accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Mushy wrote: »
    If he is found guilty, then he will be dealt with accordingly. If he is found innocent, then Chelsea should be dealt with accordingly.

No that is silly.
    Just because they think he did something wrong and he is found innocent does not automatically mean CFC are liars.

Thats ridiculous. Chelsea are right to report inapropriate language and it's up to the referee autorities to investigate it furthur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Don't know about racist but he has alot to answer for for his farcical refereeing today in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The soap opera rolls on.

killwill wrote: »
    No that is silly.
    Just because they think he did something wrong and he is found innocent does not automatically mean CFC are liars.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    Thats ridiculous. Chelsea are right to report inapropriate language and it's up to the referee autorities to investigate it furthur.

If its racist language, and he is cleared of it, the Chelsea shouldn't get away with nothing happening. If its just something like an F off, well then the club shouldn't be punished, but all clubs should be wary that refs should be able do the same.

And yes, I'd say that if any club reported it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

How many times is the ref being called names? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

dahat wrote: »
    Suarez has alot to answer for.......

wtf has this got to do with Suarez ?

eigrod wrote: »

Suarez is the source of all evil in the world. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Keep your panties on. I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

If its racist language, and he is cleared of it, the Chelsea shouldn't get away with nothing happening. If its just something like an F off, well then the club shouldn't be punished, but all clubs should be wary that refs should be able do the same.

And yes, I'd say that if any club reported it.

I'm a United fan for the record, I have no agenda here.
    If RDM raised the issue because IN HIS OPINION there was inappropriate language used BUT the FA don't think it was inappropriate that does not warrant any punishment on RDM.

If RDM reported racial abuse ,which by the way is not the case, and there is no evidence of racial abuse, that does not mean it did not take place, just no evidence was found. This still does not warrant any punishment for RDM.

If RDM is lying and made the whole thing up, well that is a different story, and next to impossible to prove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Lars1916 wrote: »
    How many times is the ref being called names? ;)

At every level it's the same. Pains to see it at any level. Every team has some players who continuously do it, shouting abuse at the ref or assistants etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Keep your panties on. I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

Looks more like trolling to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Paully D wrote: »
    Probably just told them to **** off, which is no worse than what players say to referees about 100 times a game.

Mammy mammy, he said the f-word!!!

Petty shniiiite tbh, unless he actually did racially abuse their players and in that case, down with that sort of thing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

can someone change the misleading use of the word "racist" in the OP

• Advertisement

Looks more like trolling to me.
    If that's trolling there would be nobody left on the forum.

I'm a United fan for the record, I have no agenda here.
    If RDM raised the issue because IN HIS OPINION there was inappropriate language used BUT the FA don't think it was inappropriate that does not warrant any punishment on RDM.

If RDM reported racial abuse ,which by the way is not the case, and there is no evidence of racial abuse, that does not mean it did not take place, just no evidence was found. This still does not warrant any punishment for RDM.

If RDM is lying and made the whole thing up, well that is a different story, and next to impossible to prove.

Yeah I understand that, but if it is something severe like racism, then they would need a pretty watertight case before reporting it.

As its only inappropriate language, it is still early to say what exactly was said. They wouldn't be punished unless it was something severe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Paully D wrote: »

Would be very surprised if it was as small as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

double GG wrote: »
    At every level it's the same. Pains to see it at any level. Every team has some players who continuously do it, shouting abuse at the ref or assistants etc...

That's why I, to a certain extent, can understand, if a ref looses his patience. But racism or going down to a personal level is a no-go...generally speaking

Yeah I understand that, but if it is something severe like racism, then they would need a pretty watertight case before reporting it.

As its only inappropriate language, it is still early to say what exactly was said. They wouldn't be punished unless it was something severe.

I tink it is ok to report it even if you are unsure, it is better to report a chance of wrong doing and be wrong than to let it go unpunished.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't. People get petty when they think they have been wronged.
    I'll eat my own arse if it comes out there was anything racial or similarly severe comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Surely refs tell players to fcuk off on a weekly basis, if not then they should start

I'll eat my own arse if it comes out there was anything racial or similarly severe comments.

Quoted for future reference and now there can be no ninja edits!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It will all depend what people think inappropriate is. I'd consider a ref telling someone to **** off as not to bad, telling something to **** off and then calling them a cheat for me would be going to far. Obviously impossible to comment fully until we know more.

I tink it is ok to report it even if you are unsure, it is better to report a chance of wrong doing and be wrong than to let it go unpunished.

Oh it is, as long as there is no far reaching consequences for either party. I think its still too soon after the match for it to be too severe(racism), unless there is only a small timeframe to report.

My view of it is just that, if they are accusing him of racist language, it has the potential to ruin his career/livelihood. Now I know many will say he did his efforts today in his performance, but if that turns out to be false, then its an awkward situation. Nobody should get away with that, its too serious a matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    can someone change the misleading use of the word "racist" in the OP

Asked the OP for his source. They have yet to reply.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Asked the OP for his source. They have yet to reply.

Well that is what is being reported by the Telegraph

226167.png

But I would be completely shocked if it is anything racial

It will all depend what people think inappropriate is. I'd consider a ref telling someone to **** off as not to bad, telling something to **** off and then calling them a cheat for me would be going to far. Obviously impossible to comment fully until we know more.
    Definitely but we wouldn't be hearing about it if they got something out of the game, I think that's a given.
    If United had beaten Liverpool that time I'm guessing the whole Suarez/Evra thing doesn't happen either tbh.

It's human nature to want retribution on someone who has wronged you or got the better of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ferguson won't be happy if he gets huge ban, he was their man of the match today.
    He's vital to them on the run up to Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Definitely but we wouldn't be hearing about it if they got something out of the game, I think that's a given.
    If United had beaten Liverpool that time I'm guessing the whole Suarez/Evra thing doesn't happen either tbh.

It's human nature to want retribution on someone who has wronged you or got the better of you.

Right. I have now thanked 3 of your posts this evening. Time to walk away from the computer I think. Bloody full moon must be getting to me as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement