Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Lodge Complaint Against Mark Clattenberg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Read the report!!! :D
    Remember that one?
    Oh how I miss that racism thread.

Seriously though, am I remembering things wrong or did he not admit to calling him negro??
    That's pretty undeniable.

); əɹəɥʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ʎɐʍ ƃuıʞɔúɟ ou sı əɹəɥʇ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Leiva wrote: »

); əɹəɥʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ʎɐʍ ƃuıʞɔúɟ ou sı əɹəɥʇ
    Luckily I'm on my phone, didn't fancy doing a handstand to read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20178515

I'm not sure how Ferguson is meant to know any more about what was said than anyone else but he should have kept his mouth shut imo. If Clattenburg is found guilty then Alex is going to have egg on his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20178515

I'm not sure how Ferguson is meant to know any more about what was said than anyone else but he should have kept his mouth shut imo. If Clattenburg is found guilty then Alex is going to have egg on his face.

Heard it earlier on the radio, I am sure reporters were pressing him for a comment but he really should keep his mouth or say it's nothing to do with him.

On Di Matteo: 'He likes to talk about other clubs. We tend not to.'.....Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Turtyturd wrote: »

On Di Matteo: 'He likes to talk about other clubs. We tend not to.'.....Really?

who said that ^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

who said that ^^^

Rdm said that about Fergie

who said that ^^^

They were Di Matteo's quotes....site had them attributed to Fergie at first. Doesn't change the point that he should keep his mouth shut on the issue as it has nothing to do with him.

It's mind games folks. Fergie comes out in support of referee, other refs see this and give us all the decisions.
    Win win situation, well played Fergie :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Suarez admitted over using a certain phrase that he saw to be harmless due to its meaning in his homeland but the FA deemed it racist.

That is not what happened. You clearly have not read or have completely forgotten what was said in the report.

As usual Fergie cant help himself and gets involved with something that's none of his business.

Loves to comment on other clubs and players.

Pull your neck in Fergie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

rarnes1 wrote: »
    As usual Fergie cant help himself and gets involved with something that's none of his business.

you talking about the game he was at?

Yeah, thats great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Master psychologist. If he sees an angle that United can tale advantage from, he'll take it.

Who wouldn't want the referees association on their side ?

Fuhrer wrote: »
    you talking about the game he was at?

Yeah, thats great.

He's excused so :rolleyes:

Was commenting on Jason Roberts a week or two ago too. Hhe's a regular at Carrow road too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

This whole recent football racism reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons that took the pee out of the Salem witch trials. People just accusing other who have wronged them or they don't like.

greendom wrote: »
    Master psychologist. If he sees an angle that United can tale advantage from, he'll take it.

Who wouldn't want the referees association on their side ?

Do people actually believe that?

Do people actually believe that?

I take it you don't ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

G'wan get your digs in. He was asked a question about an event that happened at a match he was at! Other managers have commentated on it too yaknow...

Let's not forget Ferguson has said what 99% of people are thinking.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    G'wan get your digs in. He was asked a question about an event that happened at a match he was at! Other managers have commentated on it too yaknow...

Fergie "I don't believe he would make comments like that," said Ferguson. "I refuse to believe it. It's unthinkable."

Before an investigation takes place he comes out with this??

The man is a disgrace.

If another manager did it about Utd he'd be livid. Fair play to Di Matteo for not rising to it.

I presume you were saying the same about Gerrards comments on Evertons style of play during the week yea?
    We're ya all like "pull your neck in Stevie" and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Fergie "I don't believe he would make comments like that," said Ferguson. "I refuse to believe it. It's unthinkable."

Before an investigation takes place he comes out with this??

The man is a disgrace.

If another manager did it about Utd he'd be livid. Fair play to Di Matteo for not rising to it.

You are aware Wenger has come out and said worse? Ferguson was asked a question by a reporter, and yes he does like to speak his mind, problem?

I presume you were saying the same about Gerrards comments on Evertons style of play during the week yea?
    We're ya all like "pull your neck in Stevie" and stuff.

Not sure what this thread had to do with Liverpool. Start a thread on it and I'll discuss it with you there.

The man is a disgrace.
    Lol, he's entitled to his opinion as much as you or I.
    He's not involved in it. How is it disgraceful??
    Outraged by everything eh...

Not sure what this thread had to do with Liverpool. Start a thread on it and I'll discuss it with you there.
    Simple question but I already know the answer and the hypocrisy and double standards that come with the likes of you.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    You are aware Wenger has come out and said worse? Ferguson was asked a question by a reporter, and yes he does like to speak his mind, problem?

Wenger
    “My opinion is that I prefer, when I didn’t behave well, that I have an explanation with the referee at the end of the game, or on another day, than going public with little proof,”

He's saying that they shouldn't have gone public without proof? You think that's worse than Fergie's
    "I refuse to believe it. It's unthinkable."
    ??

Worse me bollíx

Simple question but I already know the answer and the hypocrisy and double standards that come with the likes of you.

The likes of me? You don't even fúcking know me :confused:

• Advertisement

The likes of me? You don't even fúcking know me :confused:
    Thankfully.
    I know your posting style though, I'm guessing you knew what I was getting at.

greendom wrote: »
    I take it you don't ?

No, I think it's something that has been built up in the media. The 'mind games' he uses are about on par with a child who thinks another child has gotten more sweets than they have. I'd like to think that a Master of Psychology would operate at a better level than that.

If they work it probably says more about the level of intelligence amongst referees than confirming Fergie as a Master of Psychology.

Thankfully.
    I know your posting style though, I'm guessing you knew what I was getting at.

Lol, internet serious business.

Anyway back on topic, Fergie needs to mind his business and commentating on an ongoing case with such comments.

Fergie needs to mind his business and commentating on an ongoing case with such comments.
    Like Dalglish did?

Like Dalglish did?

Bringing up Liverpool again in this thread? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

Like Dalglish did?

Agree.

And do you know what would be a great idea?

If all Premiership referees this weekend wore a t-shirt with Clattenburgs's face on it during their warm ups..

Although actually now that I think on it - tht probably wouldn't be best advised...

Bringing up Liverpool again in this thread? :confused:
    No I'm pointing out the pure and utter hypocrisy that your comments in this thread are dripping in.

Anyway, when's this investigation taking place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Right lads, back on topic please.

The thread has nothing to do with Liverpool.

Weve done the Suarez/Dalglish/Liverpool thread to death at this stage and it didn't end well so lets stay on topic from now on and I wont hand out cards.

Cheers.

No, I think it's something that has been built up in the media. The 'mind games' he uses are about on par with a child who thinks another child has gotten more sweets than they have. I'd like to think that a Master of Psychology would operate at a better level than that.

If they work it probably says more about the level of intelligence amongst referees than confirming Fergie as a Master of Psychology.

know your audience !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ferguson should have kept his mouth shut, by making these comments he is calling Luiz and Ramirez liars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So Arsene says something and nothing is said. So so typical on here.

Wenger didn't say that Chelsea are liars though, big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ferguson should have kept his mouth shut, by making these comments he is calling Luiz and Ramirez liars.

Not necessarily, misheard through language barrier could be valid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Wenger didn't say that Chelsea are liars though, big difference.

They both said the same thing. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No they didn't

He said he refuses to believe it.
    The same as I and many others have said on this thread in some form or other.

I'm not calling anybody a liar, just that I can't get my head around how it could possibly have happened without some sort of misunderstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just hope this is solved asap.

Few managers today said that they support Clattenburg, but its Fergie(as usual) who gets the wrong headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Few managers today said that they support Clattenburg, but its Fergie(as usual) who gets the wrong headlines.

Are we surprised tbh? And from the usual crew aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What 'mind games' are these?

From Liverpool fans, I think that is key.

If rarnes, niallo, turtyturds etc. weren't coming in here to criticise Manchester United then there is a problem.

What 'mind games' are these?

You've never heard the words Ferguson and mind games used together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Do you lot honestly not think he should have just keep quiet today, never mind what anyone else said.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Do you lot honestly not think he should have just keep quiet today, never mind what anyone else said.

But that doesn't matter to you. If he said nothing he would of been called spineless for not having an opinion. It's the same old boring story.
    You've never heard the words Ferguson and mind games used together?

Of course I have. I'm just looking for an example.

• Advertisement

Of course I have. I'm just looking for an example.

Someone should create a search engine for stuff like that.

Advertisement