Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Lodge Complaint Against Mark Clattenberg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ferguson won't be happy if he gets huge ban, he was their man of the match today.
    He's vital to them on the run up to Christmas.
    Change the record ffs :rolleyes:

Right. I have now thanked 3 of your posts this evening. Time to walk away from the computer I think. Bloody full moon must be getting to me as well.
    Ah I'm not all bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I hope the fa take Chelsea's lead and are as harsh on the ref, if guilty, as Chelsea were on terry. A thirty quid fine should suffice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Ah I'm not all bad :)

I'm not thanking that:mad::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ferguson won't be happy if he gets huge ban, he was their man of the match today.
    He's vital to them on the run up to Christmas.

These jokes are not funny. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

This could descend into farce , If he has told one or two of the to F**k off then I think its fair game as they do take a lot of stick from the players,

If he has been reported for something like that then every single player will be in the referees crosshairs from now in respect to foul language.

Support Man U/fergies fa muppets by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I simply could not imagine any referee being so stupid as to racially abuse 2 players in a match, especially with what's gone on in football during the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

He's a Chelsea fan ha, Jesus christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

You seem a bit lost son :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Chelsea well within their rights to complain about a perceived wrong, could well have misheard something. The refs are all miked up aren't they? It should be fairly easy and quick, hopefully, to clear it all up and move on.

Can we just reopen one of the many ridiculous conspiracy threads that were started today and keep all the retarded bullshìt in there.
    It's seeping into every other thread on here.

Can liverpool report mariner/the linesman for incompetence?
    Whatever has gone on today, and in the last few weeks/months/years its clear that officials in England are incompetent to say the least nd influenced maybe, remember seire a anyone, some clubs too big to fail?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Chelsea well within their rights to complain about a perceived wrong, could well have misheard something. The refs are all miked up aren't they? It should be fairly easy and quick, hopefully, to clear it all up and move on.

Was just about to post that , are they not miked up , now it would not be too hard to put the hand over it and have a word but again that would be picked up on the mic ,

And yes I is a true blue for my Sins :D

jaykay74 wrote: »
    You seem a bit lost son :confused:

You are not my father.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

2 complaints. One involving John Obi Mikel and the other against an unnamed white player.

Microphone not recorded but audible to all pitch officials.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/28/mark-clattenburg-accused-racial-slur-chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Chelsea fan actually.

The worm is slowly turning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

The worm is slowly turning.

In what sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

For some reason I always felt Clattenburg was a bit of a poser who liked to strut around like something out of a Monty Python skit. So I really could see him putting his foot in his mouth saying something stupid.

• Advertisement

Great hair do and camera time though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

For some reason I always felt Clattenburg was a bit of a poser who liked to strut around like something out of a Monty Python skit. So I really could see him putting his foot in his mouth saying something stupid.

226177.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Some sources on Twitter claiming he referred to Torres as a 'no good cracker' right after the red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

*If* there's any truth in it and gets banned then it's great news, fucking terrible referee and comes across as a right tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The Daily Mail saying he called Mata a Spanish twat

Ref race row! Chelsea accuse Clattenburg of abusing Mikel and calling Mata a 'Spanish t***' during fiery United win at the Bridge

Its a Daily fail read so air on the side of caution take what you read with a pinch of salt !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2224433/Referee-Mark-Clattenburg-used-racist-slurs-players-Chelsea-complain.html

So that's Mikel, Mata and Torres so far.
    Wonder who's next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Very serious allegations against him, would be the end of his career. Would also lead to questions about his refereeing decisions in the past.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    *If* there's any truth in it and gets banned then it's great news, fucking terrible referee and comes across as a right tool.

Going to be a stupid question , but if the ref was found to be guilty of verbally abusing Mata and or racially abusing Mikel would the result be called into question ,

I feel thick typing that , but it does show bias to the other team if shown to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

cambo2008 wrote: »
    So that's Mikel, Mata and Torres so far.
    Wonder who's next.
    He said he doesn't like your cooking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Match of the day 2 just said one of them was Mikel. But won't go into it.

amiable wrote: »
    He said he doesn't like your cooking
    Well that's the last f**king straw. String him up, hang the bastard out to dry.
    How very dare he :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Haha you couldn't make this up. DOubt a ref would be that stupid. It's like something from Mean Machine :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

article-2224550-15BBD9FC000005DC-449_634x411.jpg

The Steward took a bit of a beating after the United goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Apparently the referee witnessed the incidents and took no action at the time so the FA's hands are tied on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Apparently the referee witnessed the incidents and took no action at the time so the FA's hands are tied on the matter.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Very serious allegations against him, would be the end of his career. Would also lead to questions about his refereeing decisions in the past.

What difference does it make to his decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Never a dull moment in the Premier League is there?

What happened the steward? Heart attack?

• Advertisement

Prick! wrote: »
    What happened the steward? Heart attack?

Chelsea fans knocked him over the Advertising boards, hurt his knee or something.

Nothing too serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Chelsea fans knocked him over the Advertising boards, hurt his knee or something.

Nothing too serious

I heard he twisted his ankle, didn't hear anything about being knocked over advertising board.

niallo27 wrote: »
    I heard he twisted his ankle, didn't hear anything about being knocked over advertising board.

Yeah slipped and fell over , but they dont let the truth get in the way of a good story in here !

Yeah slipped and fell over , but they dont let the truth get in the way of a good story in here !

Fuhrer wrote: »

Sorry show me who is pushing him over the fence,

And if he had been attacked the police would have been involved or investigating an incident

That picture is hilarious. The face on yer man :pac: Glad he isn't seriously injured though.

• Advertisement

Oh and please tell me its going to be the lad on the left hand side who is actually a 5-6 feet away from him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

This whole thing is an absolute jump the gun of a story. Given the history of the past few weeks, 'inappropriate' has suddenly come to mean racist.

I'm sure he just cursed or something.

While I hate defending any officials after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Going to be a stupid question , but if the ref was found to be guilty of verbally abusing Mata and or racially abusing Mikel would the result be called into question ,

I feel thick typing that , but it does show bias to the other team if shown to be true.

Yeah because the 3 United goals were all scored by caucasian English men right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What difference does it make to his decisions?

It could be argued that if he did use racist comments, that perhaps in the past some of his decisions against players have been based on their race. Probably not a great argument, but I would presume it will be one the FA might have to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

It could also be argued that the abuse to chelsea players could indicate a dislike and inpartiality in dealing with them. This raises serious question especially when we see some of the decision he made today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement