Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry Look hair Styling Gel for men

• 28-10-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if someone could recommend to me a mens hair styling gel that gives hair a dry/natural look. I just want to have a change from my usual brylcreem that always leaves a very wet look in my hair. Any recommendations/advice would be very much appreciated.
    cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Smiley Dave

Gel naturally has a wet look finish. You want to pick up something like Shaping Cream that has a high matte finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Androidlovers

Gel's are something which one should use occasionally as they are very harmful to the hair, so i guess if you want to go for a occasional then always prefer Branded gels so that it do not effect your hair much ! and if you want to know some products then i could recommend you some by tomorrow as one of friend is a professional Hair dresser !

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭marko_polo1234

Gel's are something which one should use occasionally as they are very harmful to the hair, so i guess if you want to go for a occasional then always prefer Branded gels so that it do not effect your hair much ! and if you want to know some products then i could recommend you some by tomorrow as one of friend is a professional Hair dresser !

Yes please, if you don't mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Buck Fizz

There's nothing worse I think than the Wet Look!! I use Wella Shockwaves Go Matt Clay. I've tried loads of gels over the years and this is the only 1 I'd now use. It styles the hair without looking like there's gel even in your hair!

It can be bought in Tesco for about 3 -4 quid, sometimes it's on offer.

No harm buying a tub and testing it out.

Only use a small-ish amount, rub well into hands together and then apply to hair like you're shampooing your hair, when it's in your hair then you can style it. Well that's the way I do it and it works best for me that way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB89FxNS423UZMfD4CoSiLrXNy4fNU62MyxoY1TwB-D5Z4sQQG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I think he is using "gel" as a generic term for any hair-styling products...

It's like Jacuzzi for hot-tubs, etc.

Anyway I personally use the Lynx styling creme. I use the "Messy Look" yellow one. It styles your hair without looking like there's anything in it, and if you get bored of your hair half way through the day it's re-style-able :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I like the Fructis 'Beach hair' wax and the more matte look one.

Advertisement