Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to sell unwanted clothes, shoes etc

Options
  • 28-10-2012 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a place to sell two big bags of unwanted clothes, shoes, bags etc - the reason I don't want to just bring them to Oxfam et al is that I would like to donate the money, whatever it is, to a particular dog charity I support. I seem to recall seeing such a place in Rathmines but I can't find anything online and I won't be there in person for a while. Any places like that you're aware of, Rathmines or elsewhere?

Alternatively I could try a carboot sale - I heard there's a carboot market in Tallaght - but are people likely to buy clothes there if you can't try them on? I would expect it's more for toys, appliances etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There are few shops around, which buy unwanted clothes and shoes. They pay by weight. Can't remember the name though, the shops have yellow/red windows, there's one on Shantalla Road and another one on Clanbrassil Street, opposite MACE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Clearout.ie have shops all over the place. They pay very little though. You'd make more money selling them at a car boot sale or on ebay.

Advertisement