Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Twelve

Options
  • 28-10-2012 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Has anybody had a chance yet to read The Twelve, the 2nd book in Justin Cronin's vampire trilogy (The Passage being the first one).

The reviews I've read so far are very mixed. Thought The Passage was well worth reading (even if it did lean heavily on Stephen King's The Stand) but some reviewers expressed disappointment that the sequel does not pick up from where the first ended but instead goes back to when the plague first broke out.

I'd be interested in any views from those who have read it or are reading it at present.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Finished reading it last week. Not as strong as the first. It does go back in time but only to add context to scenes happening in the future so don't worry about that.
    It feels like a middle book at times with regards to setting things up but then it moves forward all of a sudden. Definitely pacing issues.
    I still haven't decided if I liked it or not.

Advertisement