Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Community spirit by the Club House Hotel

Options
  • 29-10-2012 4:04am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just read this from the Kilkenny Memes facebook page:
    I was walking up Patrick Street about an hour ago and witnessed a massive fire in the apartment complex just across from Mullins Butchers. Thankfully, it seems that nobody was injured or worse off. After calling the fire brigade I stayed around to wait for their arrival. While waiting, I could see some young families with very young children Just looking up in absolute shock at their homes. A few minutes after the fire engines arrived, the owner of The Club House Hotel came up and ensured everybody displaced by the fire that they have a place to stay tonight in the hotel completely free of charge. I don't know him personally so I don't know his name but many of you probably do. This is obviously only a relatively small bit of relief for the people affected but it goes a long way. I was very touched by the gesture and wanted to share it with everybody. So if anybody is ever going in to town for a few pints some night and fancies somewhere different, why not pop in to The Club House for one? I know I will.

I hope nobody was hurt in the fire and not too much damage was done. I know they didn't do this for the publicity (I knew one of them from years ago and he's a decent sort) but I feel it should be highlighted.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

That's more than likely Ian. A sound bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

Drove past it this morning. Three Garda vehicles there, but no sign of fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Was it the new apartment complex built about five years ago, the one with empty street level commercial units?

Advertisement