Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsorship with civil construction companies Sydney

Options
  • 29-10-2012 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have heard that some of the civil construction companies in Sydney will sponsor lads who are labourers.Can anyone tell me if there's any truth in this or if it is more "pub talk"?Anyone know of lads who've been sponsored in this industry without being able to operate machines,etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

I had a job in WA but the company said they can't sponsor a Concreter as its not on any list, and it's not a trade.

I know a few lads who have no papers etc but are sponsored to drive diggers. I also know more lads who can't find a sponsor now any many are heading home or to Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Civil construction is dead in sydney at the moment you'll be lucky to get work let alone sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Claas grass

rightyabe wrote: »
    I had a job in WA but the company said they can't sponsor a Concreter as its not on any list, and it's not a trade.

I know a few lads who have no papers etc but are sponsored to drive diggers. I also know more lads who can't find a sponsor now any many are heading home or to Canada.

Any chance you could find out a bit about getting sponsored to drive a digger I worked in Oz for two years and came home the guy I worked for is looking for me to go back as a digger driver/foreman and I have just started looking into it, it would be in a regional postcode area, any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement