Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

f***in' upc remote control

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

UPC really are appalling. The wifi isn't even that good!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cloud493 wrote: »
    UPC really are appalling. The wifi isn't even that good!
    try a direct cable connection

try getting closer to the access point - wifi won't go through walls and floors at full speed unless you live in a paper house

try relocating the box / aerial so less stuff between you and it

do a quick scan in cases the neighbours are using the same frequency / channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

repsol wrote: »
    Get SKY+ people.Upc is ****e

better still get FTA

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

repsol wrote: »
    Get SKY+ people.Upc is ****e

Not necessarily possible for people living in apartments.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

faceman wrote: »
    Not necessarily possible for people living in apartments.

Indoors dish - rotated to so doesn't block window
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/images3/inside_u_dish.jpg

Dish behind curtain
    http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/images/darryl2.jpg

https://boards.ie/vbulletin/picture.php?albumid=249&pictureid=3335

Use www.satpointer.com / www.dishpointer.com to see if you have a balcony or window facing the right way

AH answer - hide the dish - no one will ever notice
    http://i.imgur.com/BWuwQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

LOL

What do you actually pay for ?

Freesat/FTA/Saorview give you everything apart from the 'premium' channels ;)

In fairness though the broadband is sweet and the fact that I'm not giving eircom any money makes it even better.

I'm talking about Sky vs UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

lertsnim wrote: »
    Blue button on a Sky HD box does that

I did not know that. Thankyou....you just improved my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

My UPC Remote was fine until they introduced the on demand service. Which I haven't subscribed to but that doesn't stop some channels automatically switching to the service and leaving the TV hanging for a minute at a time.

In fairness at least the UPC box starts up fast, The Sky+ Box takes about 10 minutes before you can watch anything after booting.

Anyway the TV with UPC is an afterthought. The Internet is by far the best service in Ireland.

I'm talking about Sky vs UPC
    That's the point.
    You only need to pay either of them for the premium channels.

Which reminds me Valkyrie is on Channel 5 on Sunday 9:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

RADIUS wrote: »
    My UPC Remote was fine until they introduced the on demand service. Which I haven't subscribed to but that doesn't stop some channels automatically switching to the service and leaving the TV hanging for a minute at a time.

In fairness at least the UPC box starts up fast, The Sky+ Box takes about 10 minutes before you can watch anything after booting.

Anyway the TV with UPC is an afterthought. The Internet is by far the best service in Ireland.

Yeah internet has always been great from them. The 'on demand' esp the movies is waste of time. Why someone would pay for a movie on it God knows?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

face1990 wrote: »
    Mine gets confused at times and decides I must have pressed '5'. Always 5, never any other number. And that of course brings me back to the craig doyle channel (a phrase which sends shivers down my spine).

I've got the exact same problems and judging by the amount of thanks you have on that post I'd say we're not the only ones. It is always fcukin 5 it goes to and then that twit Craig Doyle trying to sell you a TV package that you are already subscribed to :mad:

Great rant OP, I'd never realised so many people are in the same boat with those dam remote controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Have the same problem with the remote or box not recognizing the numbers or buttons I input. Even trying to close the info box on what's on is a hassle. Don't even get me started on the rewind live TV button.

Also, the red button for rte player, tv3 player etc is definitely bugged. I never press it but it often just loads them when I go to RTE or TV3. Infuriating.

Advertisement