Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy saville Irish friend ?

• 29-10-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Rumour mill has it that some famous Irish celeb from the 70's and 80's was "close" to jimmy's antics in those days ? Apparently from today's paper he's preparing a legal team ? Any clues ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Rumour mill has it that some famous Irish celeb from the 70's and 80's was "close" to jimmy's antics in those days ? Apparently from today's paper he's preparing a legal team ? Any clues ?

Any clues, as in throw out some names? I think there might be laws against such speculating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

smcgiff wrote: »
    Any clues, as in throw out some names. I think there might be laws against such speculating.

Can we even do that much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Can we even do that much?

Joking may be allowed, but if someone starts suggesting candidates I would expect the thread to be closed and warnings/bans handed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

not going to name him but it was in one of the papers a few weeks back about an Irish born actor who might be implicated.He died in the '80's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Careful now.

50l6kh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Noooooooo!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bfran

Bad times

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

cimmy jricket:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Have I missed something in the last couple of posts? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think they're implying it was dermot morgan

It was more likely to be Father Jack :-(

(not Frank Kelly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

read the post before the pic of Dermot Morgan....
    I doubt the poster meant any implication.

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Harold's dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

He died in the 90's so that rules him out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

SubBusted wrote: »
    Harold's dad?

"You dirty old man" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Where did you read it? A broadsheet or a tabloid? If it's a tabloid I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was bollox to sell copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

My friend was a staff member at Broadmoor for a short period and clearly remembers Jimmy Savile arriving there on many occasions in his Rolls, paying for suppers and discos for the patients and so on.

It is so hard to believe that a person can so deviously and expertly present themselves to those who matter, just as they want to be perceived for their own purposes and yet lead a life that is totally the opposite in private.

It begs the question of how many others among us behave in the same way every day, giving away so little of their darker real selves.
    Quite frightening. Only difference with JS is that he did let down his guard on many occasions it seems, but those who witnessed it, were either intimidated, frightened for some reason, or payed off to keep quiet. One does not want to think that they had no conscience about it and purposely did not report what they witnessed. Perhaps, like some of them report, they thought they would not be believed and be either laughed at or treated with sheer contempt for their audacity in reporting such a do gooder. We may never know.

I hope to be proven wrong, but I think that there were/are many just like JS lurking around presenting an air of respectability and with delusions of being untouchable and I think they are in every walk of society, regardless of status etc.

Advertisement