If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another New TV......

Options
  • 29-10-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I seem to have a bit of an addiction with buying new TV's!

Anyway I'm looking for a 32" screen this time. I'm looking for a fairly loaded TV with DVB-T2 of course.

I like the look of the new Samsung 7/8 series TV's but unfortunately they don't seem to cater for smaller size TV's.

Do you currently stock the UE32ES6300?

I'd be open to any suggestions you might have around a similar price bracket.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Shane.

Not a bad addiction to have! :-)

We can get the 32ES6300 in which is currently £499.95.

I personally would have the Panasonic TXL32ET5B instead of the Samsung at the same price. The Pana is a wee cracker.

This is fully Saorview approved, has much better contrast, sound and motion handling than the Samsung.

Let me know if either of these help the addiction.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Hi Shane.

Not a bad addiction to have! :-)

We can get the 32ES6300 in which is currently £499.95.

I personally would have the Panasonic TXL32ET5B instead of the Samsung at the same price. The Pana is a wee cracker.

This is fully Saorview approved, has much better contrast, sound and motion handling than the Samsung.

Let me know if either of these help the addiction.

ATB

Dave

Just getting back to this thread now.

I'm still in the market for a 32" with all the bells and whistles on it.

Wondering what you would recommend given the passing of time since I originally posted the question.

I see the Samsung I mentioned above is now generally available for €499 or so.

Would appreciate your advice as I'd be hoping to buy in the coming days/weeks (preferably from yourselves of course).

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Shane732 wrote: »
    Just getting back to this thread now.

I'm still in the market for a 32" with all the bells and whistles on it.

Wondering what you would recommend given the passing of time since I originally posted the question.

I see the Samsung I mentioned above is now generally available for €499 or so.

Would appreciate your advice as I'd be hoping to buy in the coming days/weeks (preferably from yourselves of course).

Thanks Shane for the opportunity to quote:

The 32ES6300 is now a finished line for us and we are completely cleared out of it locally in Belfast..

We do have the 32ES5500 at £329.95 but of course the spec is not as good..

if you are looking top spec and 32" I would have a look at the following options:

Panasonic TXL32ET5 - It's 3D (comes with 4 pairs of glasses as standard) and also boasts a huge spec at £479.95 (its also 300Hz Bls motion processing against the 200Hz for the Sammy 6300, it also has an additional HDMI socket, PC input and USB recording over the 6300 have a look at the full spec here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl32et5b/pana-txl32et5b

Philips 32PFL5007 - if you wanted 3D - this one's not for you - it just focuses on top quality 2D pics & audio - it's one of the highest spec 32's that we have available at the moment and its heavily reduced in the sale at £479.95 (to be fair it's more expensive than the 6300 tho') - in feature terms its 400Hz PMR - against 200 for the 6300, also has an additional HDMI and PC input over the 6300 and is the most energy efficient beween the 6300 / 32ET5, and at £399.95 is a great deal - have a look at the full specs here:http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/32pfl5007t/phil-32pfl5007t

If you wanted a slightly off the wall option - we also have the new Toshiba 32RL958 at just £329.95!!!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/toshiba/32rl958b/tosh-32rl958

it's only (only!!) 100Hz AMR and no 3D - but scores an excellent picture and can only be described as a bargain at £329.

Of course the Sammy is the only one that also has a Freesat HD tuner so you need the Freesat tuner ... you'll have to defect to the opposition I'm afraid..

:o:o:o

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Thanks John.

How much is the 4000 series Philips?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Quinnie

Hi John, What's the best price for TOSHIBA26DL933B including delivery to the Republic? ...or please recommend an equivalent 26"

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John.

Hi Shane,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

The current price on the Philips is £349.95:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/32pfl4007t/phil-32pfl4007t

Chris

Thanks John.

The Philips 32PFL4007 is now just £349.95 / €429.99 including free shipping and a 5 Year warranty!

See full details here:
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl4007t_12/32pfl4007t_12_pss_eng.pdf

LED / 200Hz PMR - and it looks great!

Its a great deal at this price..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Quinnie wrote: »
    Hi John, What's the best price for TOSHIBA26DL933B including delivery to the Republic? ...or please recommend an equivalent 26"

Quinnie,

apologies for the delay - the Toshiba 26DL933 TV / DVD Combo is £239.95 and delivery would be £12.95

Was it a TV/DVD Combo that you were looking for or just a26" TV - if you come back I'll go hunting for options for you.

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.