Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart broadband problems

• 29-10-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

We've been getting authentication failure messages today when we try to connect. I must check with my landlord to see if the details are correct, anyone else having trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gvidas

Same here authentication failure, no internet all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Yep. Getting the same problem. Can't call they're tech support line either (get a recorded message about lines being full or something, not a busy tone).

In Galway area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Down aswell in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 19 scsa

Me too! Down since about 10.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Their Network Ops Centre said there's a major hardware failure in one of their data centres, it took out the fibre circuit into our Park West office at about 10.15am this morning and it's only recently returned so the DSL issues are probably related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Seems to be back in Cork now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

We have problems in Limerick.

My brother said it is working now in his house but not in mine.

Don't know what the router connection password is. Somebody said to me it be 1 of the numbers at the back of the box. We tried all those.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Still out in Dublin 9 :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

Had issues also in Dublin 8. But back since the late afternoon. But I couldn't get through to their Support or hear any recorded message - what phone number did you call?

working here now in d9

• Advertisement

Working here in Limerick.

Used 1800 945 300. Hung up after an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

So after yesterday's outage and total lack of support or communication from the provider, what should we expect now that they've re-surfaced today?

An apology / discount / explanation? Or radio silence in the face of p1$$d off customers?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It really is disgraceful that they cannot manage a prerecorded update on the switch. Surely it cannot be that difficult to arrange?

Companies spend a fortune on marketing and advertising to get customers and then when they have them treat them with complete contempt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Anyone still having issues? My Internet keeps dropping every 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gvidas

It's still down here in letterkenny :/

Lots of folks on twitter still seem to be having problems - I've tried to direct some of those folks to this thread, their support is so appalling I think we should be asking for some sort of discount or reimbursement for the total lack of service

I'm not at home so can't say about my own connection - but it was running ok last night once the service returned.
    Shutting my router off and on sorted it out, but it could well be on it's knees again today.

iMuse wrote: »
    Anyone still having issues? My Internet keeps dropping every 10 minutes.
    Gvidas wrote: »
    It's still down here in letterkenny :/

I've found re-setting my router (turning it off and on) at home got me back up and running, though some people are saying they ran into password problems after they did so.

I'm emailing Smart support now (phone seems fairly hopeless), I think they have utterly failed their customers here and we should be demanding details and some re-imbursement
    Will customers be given any explanation about what happened to their services?

Are there any plans to improve tech and support responses in such situations?

Can we expect any reimbursement for loss of service and time wasted trying to contact non-existent support?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 topper12

Still down here in Dublin 1. Tried calling yesterday and it used all my credit. Have tried restarting router but no luck. Did anyone have luck emailing them? If so what address did you mail? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CaptainCook

topper12 wrote: »
    Still down here in Dublin 1. Tried calling yesterday and it used all my credit. Have tried restarting router but no luck. Did anyone have luck emailing them? If so what address did you mail? Thanks.
    Still down in Raheny, going to UPC.

topper12 wrote: »
    Did anyone have luck emailing them? If so what address did you mail?

I emailed the general support desk address today - info@smarttelecom.ie - got an out-of-office reply saying the person was out of office until Wednesday (tomorrow).
    I am currently out of the office until Wednesday 31st Oct. I will respond to you upon my return.

Regards,
    Christine Mulrooney,
    Residential Team Leader
    cmulrooney@digiweb.ie

Ridiculous - the primary email address for the whole company seems to repoint to an individual in DigiWeb who's away on holidays.

• Advertisement

Hope their not getting sloppy........................................

The Irish Times - Friday, October 26, 2012

PAMELA NEWENHAM
    INDUSTRY CATEGORY: THE FOUNDER of telecoms group Digiweb has been named winner of the industry category of the Ernst Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
    Colm Piercy established the telecoms and broadband firm, which operates in Ireland, the UK and Belgium, in 1997.
    “It has been 15 years since I set up Digiweb. I couldn’t have imagined then that today Digiweb would be the largest independent telecoms company and I’d be here accepting this award,” Mr Piercy told the crowd.
    Mr Percy told The Irish Times the judging panel comprised former winners “and top-notch business leaders, so it’s great to be recognised by them”.
    Digiweb supports just under 100,000 enterprise, home, wholesale and public sector clients, and employs 148 people between its Dublin, Dundalk and London centres.
    Mr Piercy said the company injected about €8.5 million in wages into the local economy, and a further €7 million in taxes to the national economy. Its turnover was €40 million in 2011, with operating profits of €8 million.
    The company was initially focused on web-hosting but in the 15 years since its inception it has developed into a major independent telecoms player. A number of strategic acquisitions have been key. These include the purchase of TalkTalk, Smart Telecom, Internet Ireland and Novara, which has resulted in the successful repatriation of 40 previously outsourced jobs from Belgium and the UK.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/1026/1224325732984.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Absolutely no doubt that they will win some Customer Service award next!:eek:

Housemate was on the 1890 number for over an hour trying to get through. His bill came to about €15.

Would there be any means of getting this reimbursed by Digiweb?

Thanks

any one else having this same problem again?

It was getting a bit patchy yesterday, at work so can't tell if there's problems today. Have changed providers away from Smart as a result of all this, just waiting for the switch-over to take place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

Thankfully no more issues with Smart, stayed put with them. But cos of the issue with the Broadband, I had a closer look at my package, have always been on the €40 package but realise now that there are different ones now depending on the phone options etc, so have now changed to the €29.95 a month for phone(never use, just want for Eircom alarm) and usual broadband! Kind of a blessing in disguise!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RedRobert

robo wrote: »
    Thankfully no more issues with Smart, stayed put with them. But cos of the issue with the Broadband, I had a closer look at my package, have always been on the €40 package but realise now that there are different ones now depending on the phone options etc, so have now changed to the €29.95 a month for phone(never use, just want for Eircom alarm) and usual broadband! Kind of a blessing in disguise!

Hi, thinking of getting this €29.95 package - seems to be good value. Hows it going for you? Thanks

Advertisement