Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewmaker Premium Cider

Options
  • 29-10-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

ok lads and gals i said id try this kit its very simple just add water and sugar to make 40 pints of 5% or 32 pints of 7% the instructions are simple too ya know throw everything together and let it sit at room temp before adding the yeast then cover and leave it for 5 days and bottle/keg it

my questions are

has anyone tried this kit?

referring to first question is cause its now 5 days and its still fermenting mad as the airlock is bubbling non stop no brake do i still bottle it as the instructions say or leave it till i see less bubbling in the airlock?

i would like to say this is my first actual kit so i dont want to **** it up and hope it turns out well.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

5 days is ridiculously short. Give it two weeks minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

chris2286 wrote: »
    has anyone tried this kit?

Haven't tried it myself but did some searching. Seems it's a grand kit but nothing spectacular. As BeerNut said, 5 days is way way too short. With a bit of patience it's more or less impossible to arse up a cider brew tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Khannie wrote: »
    With a bit of patience it's more or less impossible to arse up a cider brew tbh.
    Oh I do like a challenge :D But yeah: that.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭chris2286

on the back of the tin its says fast fermentation then what you need and a picture step by step instructions and says bottle after 5 days and leave it in a warm place for 2 weeks and its ready so i dunno ill leave it like ye guys say and see what happens cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Was reading about wine kits (5/7/30 day kits) and they are achievable if you follow near laboratory conditions which the manufactureres do (right temp, type of water etc). So it's a bit of a marketing ploy and general advise is use more time and observe how its going rather than follow the instructions to the letter. Assume it's the same for beer and cider kits too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement