Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes stolen in Maynooth

Options
  • 29-10-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

Folks, I'm sure this happens often enough but thought I'd highlight it anyway.

There was a spate of garden shed break-ins in the Moyglare area last night - they got two bikes (and nothing else it seems) from ours. So if anyone is offered relatively new bikes in the next few weeks, ye might keep this in mind. The two bikes taken from ours were a mens Specialized mountain bike grey/black with bar ends and a womens Carrera Crossfire 1 hybrid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Folks, I'm sure this happens often enough but thought I'd highlight it anyway.

There was a spate of garden shed break-ins in the Moyglare area last night - they got two bikes (and nothing else it seems) from ours. So if anyone is offered relatively new bikes in the next few weeks, ye might keep this in mind. The two bikes taken from ours were a mens Specialized mountain bike grey/black with bar ends and a womens Carrera Crossfire 1 hybrid.
    Sorry to hear that, will keep an eye out on my North Kildare training spins in case they're taken out on the road, keep an eye on small ads in local shops, you never know, or Gumtree, Donedeal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Same happened to my housemate a few weeks ago. Took the bike and didn't go near the house or anything else. Probably the same crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Know of a guy this happened to. Took him 11 weeks of searching donedeal and other sites but he eventually found the bike and Gardai caught the criminal along with lots of other stolen merchandise.

So, it may take time, and you to keep searching these sites. They're smart enough not to put it up straight away but have to flog it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had a Trek 7210 stolen from my parents garden in Kingsbry (parent's bike, not mine) a while back. Didn't think of bothering to check donedeal etc though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Seems they were just after bikes - have to presume they had a van as a few sheds were targeted. Chances are it happened around 5am as I was up until quite late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

this happened in my estate in Celbridge during the summer. The lads hit a few sheds and took fairly decent bikes. The guards caught them after someone on another road saw them loading bikes into a hiace.
    It seems bikes have taken over tools/drills as the object of choice for these thieves

The Mulk wrote: »
    It seems bikes have taken over tools/drills as the object of choice for these thieves

Yeah, tools and golf clubs left behind. Christmas in mind I'd say?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

My new KTM Strada 800 (2012) was taken there last night from the Garden shed in Moyglare. Only had it for 4 weeks :-(

Again if anyone comes across it.

Incidently whats the best way to secure a bike? Best case to dismantle it and store it indoors in the downstairs cupboard?

Wow. I guess if there is no fear of getting caught, there's no reason they won't strike in the same area again.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Moyglare hall, so I guess they are doing the rounds! They were spotted in their van earlier in the week. They are not as invisible as they might think.

• Advertisement

TonyStark wrote: »
    Moyglare hall, so I guess they are doing the rounds! They were spotted in their van earlier in the week. They are not as invisible as they might think.

Who spotted them? What make/model and colour is the van? Were the Gardai told?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'll be in maynooth on Wednesday around 5am so I'll keep an eye out for anything strange and report it to the guards

Advertisement