Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administering tablets to a Cat

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

Bit of an update, quantity of tablets has been reduced to one every two days. Asked the Vet to see if they could get me a pill popper as I was having such problems giving them to him. After trying a couple of their suppliers, they phoned me to say that they were having a problem getting me one quickly but suggested a couple of places that I might be able to get one.

The day they phoned me I had given him his tablet and was really happy as he seemed to take it rather easily. Was really happy with myself and him and thought maybe he is getting used to it. Left him munching away on food only to come back that afternoon to find an empty bowl with a little table in it. The little begger had tricked me, so am now on the hunt for a pill popper.

On the good side, he seems to be doing well on half dose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ah the joys of it. I dread getting pills into my cats. They always, always manage to sniff it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

#My cat is currently on hormone tablets, she comes begging when she sees me getting one out of the foil, she absolutely loves them and always wants more! Just to make ye all jealous :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

#My cat is currently on hormone tablets, she comes begging when she sees me getting one out of the foil, she absolutely loves them and always wants more! Just to make ye all jealous :P

Oh, I wish. I am jealous, I have taken to administering his tabs in different rooms to try to throw him off the sent. Have to get the tablet out when he is not in the room otherwise he legs it when he hears they being opened. :eek:

Advertisement