Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad or laptop?

• 29-10-2012 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My son is 11. He adores minecraft and he is always creating worlds and things to play on with his friends. I want to get him either an iPad or laptop for Xmas but I don't know which I should get. Im not too well up on this sort of stuff so I'm looking for some advice. Is a laptop old fashioned now and can he do all the minecraft stuff on the iPad? Thanks.

New user. First post. Here goes!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think for Minecraft, a laptop would be much better. The iPad version of Minecraft is very limited compared to the proper PC version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The laptop will be cheaper and as the previous poster said, the PC version of Minecraft is way more feature packed, and always will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Your son already playing on laptop and with friends. So he need it to be on laptop again as iPad version of minecraft is different and those can't play together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MaxDaNinja

as the other lads have said lapop would be much better as the ipad version is not as good and he cant play with his friends then unless they 2 have ipads

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hissyfit1

Laptop it is then... Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement