Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch and CCTV assistance

Options
  • 29-10-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,

I hope someone can help me here. Going by other members posts, I may be lucky!

I have two alarm systems in my house and I am looking for some advice on them and additional security and answers to some questions.

I have an Aritech CS350 alarm and an Eircom Phonewatch Alarm.

The Aritech requires the battery to be replaced, and when armed, the alarm trips without any reason. This will happen more so in the night. I have stopped using it at night and would like to stop altogether.

The Eircom Phonewatch is no longer monitored. It has motion sensor detectors and two door sensors connected to it. There is also a GSM-x31-1PS connected. The battery needs replacing in the main Simon unit.

I would like to keep the Eircom Phonewatch unit.

I can order a replacement battery from Blue Box Batteries and follow instructions in this forum to replace it. Eircom got me to put in some codes, which I believe disable the low battery notification. They were as follows:

Open Panel and enter code
    del
    option 40
    done
    option 25
    done

When I replace the battery, do I need to do something to reverse the above codes?

I also want to put a SIM in to the GSM unit and configure the alarm to page a couple of mobile phones. How do I do this?

I want to add window sensors to the windows that are monitored by the Aritech. What model do I need and how do I add them to the Simon panel? The windows open in two places. Is there a model that will allow for this?

I also want to add these to the setting that allows me to arm when in the house.

I am also interested in the fob that connects to the Simon panel. What do I need and where can I purchase this? Is it any good?

I have an external bell unit connected to the Aritech, can this be connected to the Simon panel?

I want to decommission the Aritech. What is the best way of doing this or shall I not bother?

I am also looking for a CCTV system that has good night vision, can record, can be viewed over the Internet, has HDMI output and will email on movement detection. Not too much required here!

That’s everything!

Thanks

FB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes, just press add instead of delete then the option and done.
    Most of the suppliers here sell parts that can be added to the system. It is a 24 zone panel. They are Aritec 433 sensors, same with the keyfob. Adding your own sim and reprogramming the alarm to contact you will enable you to use the GSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 farmerbrown101

Hi Altor, thanks for the reply. Would you mind answering a few more questions if you can regarding my post?

are there instructions on programming the system to incorporate new sensors like the Aritec 433 sensors and keyfob to download?

I would like to add them to the door and window setting.

are the sensors suitable for two windows on one sensor like my original alarm, or will i need to purchase two for each windows? ( i hope this makes sense )

I take it if i replace the battery really quick i keep the settings as well.

i really appreciate all the assistance!

thanks

FB

Hi Altor, thanks for the reply. Would you mind answering a few more questions if you can regarding my post?

are there instructions on programming the system to incorporate new sensors like the Aritec 433 sensors and keyfob to download?

I would like to add them to the door and window setting.

are the sensors suitable for two windows on one sensor like my original alarm, or will i need to purchase two for each windows? ( i hope this makes sense )

I take it if i replace the battery really quick i keep the settings as well.

i really appreciate all the assistance!

thanks

FB

All very easy to set up once you have the engineer code.

It is as simple as entering engineering, press add sensor, trip the tamper on the sensor, panel beeps, press the sensor button till the sensor name comes up, press done, add the group number (13 for windows) press done.
    That is the sensor enrolled.

Fob is enrolled by activating a panic on the fob. Press add sensor, activate the panic on fob, panel beeps, press the sensor button till the sensor name comes up, press done, add the group number (01) press done.

The sensors inertia/contacts cover one opening plus the shock part of the sensor but a contact can be added to another opening.

Any other questions let us know.

Thanks again Altor for the replays!

As the Aritech seems to go off when armed, what would you recommend to leave it idle? removing it, powering it off completely?

thanks again

FB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Does your aritech system have a dialler ?

• Advertisement

Thanks again Altor for the replays!

As the Aritech seems to go off when armed, what would you recommend to leave it idle? removing it, powering it off completely?

thanks again

FB

More than likely a faulty device on the system causing it to trigger. Having the system tested should sort that problem for you.
    In all fairness if the CS350 has detectors on windows and doors then that would offer better protection than just two contacts and a few PIRs on the Simon system.

Hello again,

The Aritech doesn't have a dialer. Perhaps I should think about putting some money into the Aritech based on the comment and leave the Phonewatch alone.

Any advice from someone in the know?

thanks again!

FB

Hello again,

The Aritech doesn't have a dialer. Perhaps I should think about putting some money into the Aritech based on the comment and leave the Phonewatch alone.

Any advice from someone in the know?

thanks again!

FB

The Aritech system is a lot older than the P.W system but in terms of the protection it is giving you it is looking like the better system. Finding the fault on this system should fix the false alarms you where having. If you did decide to add a dialer to the system then this will work with your set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Go for the aritech . It's covering more( even better) . You might have to mess with the phone line a bit but its easily done .
    Did they leave the sensors for the aritech system on the doors that have the phonewatch sensors on them ?
    Is the outside bell still there and working ?
    If your going to spend money I'd suggest upgrading your wired aritech system and install a quickbridge so you can use the wireless eircom sensors with the new panel

He has a GSM connected to the P.W system that can be used with the voice dialer I linked too. Not sure if he has a phone line.

• Advertisement

Hello and thanks for the comments again to both of you!

I like the idea that the aritech is providing more cover and i can integrate it with some of the parts from the P.W.
    I was left with all my window and door sensors for the aritech and the outside bell still works.
    I also have a phone line so I could integrate the pstn autodialer

On to the fault on the Aritech circuit. I installed an alarm in a house that was wired about 10 years ago. There were no issues and everything went smoothly. This gives me some familiarity with alarms. Can you suggest, where do I start troubleshooting this intermittent fault? Will I need to purchase some spare equipment to put in place? I would also be interested in what model of quickbridge I would need to use the P.W sensors.

Many thanks again

FB

Hello and thanks for the comments again to both of you!

I like the idea that the aritech is providing more cover and i can integrate it with some of the parts from the P.W.
    I was left with all my window and door sensors for the aritech and the outside bell still works.
    I also have a phone line so I could integrate the pstn autodialer

On to the fault on the Aritech circuit. I installed an alarm in a house that was wired about 10 years ago. There were no issues and everything went smoothly. This gives me some familiarity with alarms. Can you suggest, where do I start troubleshooting this intermittent fault? Will I need to purchase some spare equipment to put in place? I would also be interested in what model of quickbridge I would need to use the P.W sensors.

Many thanks again

FB

This is the receiver you would use. You may be limited to the amount of detectors you can add with the amount of zones on the CS350.

Hello,

Thanks for all your assistance on this request. You have been extremely helpful.

All the best

FB

Advertisement