Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to boot hiren's boot cd 15.1

Options
  • 29-10-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm look for some input on how to boot hirens boot cd on my desktop. i'm looking to run the hard disk test. I've changed the boot system but it's still loading into my operating system.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

mobyfitz20 wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm look for some input on how to boot hirens boot cd on my desktop. i'm looking to run the hard disk test. I've changed the boot system but it's still loading into my operating system.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

How did you burn the Hirens iso? Tried using imgburn? Also the UBCD has hard disk diagnostic tools on it like MHDD and Vivard, and it may be easier for a dodgy cd/dvd drive to read, also try use a CD-R over a CD-RW

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mobyfitz20

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply. the cd is working fine. iv'e used it on my laptop to test it out and it works ok. i went into the BIOS to change AHCI to IDE but i dont see where i can do it.

Thanks again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have you tried the UBCD?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mobyfitz20

hi nick

thanks for your help earlier. i got it sorted.

Advertisement