Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 and 10

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Has anyone else ordered the Nexus 10 since it came back into stock since yesterday and if so how are you getting on? Lots of people who ordered on the XDA forum received theirs today, my order is still in the pre-order stage despite ordering it before many of them.

A guy that just got his had the one factory seal broken and dust\lint under the protective film and bad enough light bleed by the sounds of it......this doe not inspire me to order one from Google play in the UK at all at all :-(

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37127083#post37127083

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Has anyone else ordered the Nexus 10 since it came back into stock since yesterday and if so how are you getting on? Lots of people who ordered on the XDA forum received theirs today, my order is still in the pre-order stage despite ordering it before many of them.
    Mine is still at the pre-ordered stage too... Grr! Just let me have the ***** tablet! I'll give you five hundred quid in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

My transaction cancelled - though it could be my own fault! I tried setting up a second google account and added a second card that is already associated with my primary account - so as soon as i tried to order one from the other account iboth cancelled and google has claimed my wallet is compromised.

Cancelled :-( Not sure why it was cancelled either as it was a new account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

ixoy wrote: »
    Cancelled :-( Not sure why it was cancelled either as it was a new account.

Was it a new card or had the card been used previously with a different gmail account associated with an Irish address?

• Advertisement

Was it a new card or had the card been used previously with a different gmail account associated with an Irish address?
    Never used with any Google account before. It's a visa debit card. I don't think it's been used for anything beyond withdrawing money.
    Not sure where it went wrong then. Maybe Bank of Ireland have different criteria for address validation?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jayc12

I tried to order one too but it got cancelled. I also used a visa debit card and it was its first time being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ciaran71

madmoe wrote: »
    For the 32GB??
    32GB

dahamsta wrote: »
    Given the talk of broken seals, my worry now would be that the small numbers they release occasionally are customer rejects.
    I'm starting to think the same mate and your theory is backed up even more by the most IMPORTANT thing to note from that video guys is the seals themselves....they are NOT the black Samsung factory seals on the box.....it's just bog standard tape :-( I know for 100% the ones my mate received in the USA had the official black Samsung factory seals on them as she took a pic and sent both of them to me on Whatsapp!!

How many people on here who received theirs had the black Samsung factory seals?

All the best,
    M

Mine had the black Samsung Factory Seal

Anybody found a decent quality cover for the N10, some on Amazon but their a bit naff, nothing like the quality of covers available for the ipad

• Advertisement

ciaran71 wrote: »

Both seals intact?

At this stage with rumours of the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 on the horizon and a possible unveil at MWC (which I'm gonna be attending :-) I think I'm gonna hang on now and see what they have on offer! I'd imagine it will have at least the same screen as the Nexus 10 if not better, possibly a faster processor AND it should be EASY to get in an actual bricks and mortar shop here in Dublin! No messing and jumping through hoops having to buy it from ****ty piss poor Google Play UK\US!!

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Anybody found a decent quality cover for the N10, some on Amazon but their a bit naff, nothing like the quality of covers available for the ipad

This is the one I'm using http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A3BZ7F4/ref=wms_ohs_product
    I picked up both the N7 and N10 versions and am happy with it on both

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mylastparadigm

hey guys, i had my sister buy me one of these. ordered before christmas and finally arrived to her. ive been reading how everyone is getting on and the ups and downs of parcel motel and credit cards. ****ing hell. its emotional! :) so i'm sure you wont begrudge me a quick question.

if she is posting it to me, is there any risk of excise or duty or anything i should be worried about?

thanks guys. hope everyone gets good news soon if you are waiting.
    e

?ui=2&ik=f13ea5dac6&view=att&th=13c88d82f1b63929&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=a974e6ed0d038e7c_0.1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9LHzcY8iUUNUFv_WAjBRg0&sadet=1359505664893&sads=opwuUEnPghoXm4epjX6BFjK1CrU
    ?ui=2&ik=f13ea5dac6&view=att&th=13c88d82f1b63929&attid=0.2&disp=inline&realattid=a974e6ed0d038e7c_0.2&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9LHzcY8iUUNUFv_WAjBRg0&sadet=1359505698794&sads=DLlkgdOjaa6cBwpsHxsKgzxM55I

believe.

Both seals intact?

At this stage with rumours of the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 on the horizon and a possible unveil at MWC (which I'm gonna be attending :-) I think I'm gonna hang on now and see what they have on offer! I'd imagine it will have at least the same screen as the Nexus 10 if not better, possibly a faster processor AND it should be EASY to get in an actual bricks and mortar shop here in Dublin! No messing and jumping through hoops having to buy it from ****ty piss poor Google Play UK\US!!

Cheers,
    M

Yeah, both seals intact. If you're worried that you might receive a 'resold' unit, surely you can return it under distance selling regulations. Could be a pain though with shipping back to UK and all that !

Problem with hanging on & waiting for the newest greatest thing is that there's always something new around the corner, at some point you've got to just go with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Back in stock in the US play store.

groom wrote: »

Cheers ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Gave up trying to get it via VPN and parcel motel, sent a friend in England the money, he's ordered it and am waiting for him to send it on, he said I should have it by the weekend, really hope so

Gave up trying to get it via VPN and parcel motel, sent a friend in England the money, he's ordered it and am waiting for him to send it on, he said I should have it by the weekend, really hope so
    Well I gave up too but it was on Sunday when the thing was out of stock again..
    I've my own contact lined up now ready to jump on it as soon as it comes back in stock (the 32GB one anyway, I know the 16GB is in stock).

The seem to be for sale here guys - http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=21576

I have just mailed them regarding their returns policy if the units turns out to have bad ligh bleed - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1969890&highlight=damn+

Cheers,
    M

PS: The prices seem fair enough but is this company actually based in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

They have an N4 in stock.

I dont have the money right now, so someone else can get it. I'd rather a boardsie than someone else http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=21401

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

They have an N4 in stock.

I dont have the money right now, so someone else can get it. I'd rather a boardsie than someone else http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=21401

There is a thread about Simply Electronics you might want to read before ordering. IMO ordering mobile devices is sketchy at best. I would be very surprised if they have any in stock. What's likely is they would take your payment and fulfil later when they get stock.

Proceed with caution.

aka Dus wrote: »
    There is a thread about Simply Electronics you might want to read before ordering. IMO ordering mobile devices is sketchy at best. I would be very surprised if they have any in stock. What's likely is they would take your payment and fulfil later when they get stock.

Proceed with caution.

Thanks a million.

Is there still no official word on Google selling devices in Ireland? Jumping through hoops to get your hands on devices from a company that has their HQ here is a bit ridiculous.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Is there still no official word on Google selling devices in Ireland? Jumping through hoops to get your hands on devices from a company that has their HQ here is a bit ridiculous.

Could not agree more mate! It's unreal :-( Even MS will be selling the Surface here in Ireland this month!!

Get your act together Google!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

groom wrote: »

Did anyone else order one? Has your order been fulfilled yet? Mine still pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seandalaiocht

Hi All, I just got my new Nexus 4, ordered through the UK play store by a friend up north. I got my old sim cut down to size in a Meteor store but the phone isn't recognising it. Works fine in my old phone. Anyone else had this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Hi All, I just got my new Nexus 4, ordered through the UK play store by a friend up north. I got my old sim cut down to size in a Meteor store but the phone isn't recognising it. Works fine in my old phone. Anyone else had this issue?

Is the newly cut sim working in your old phone?
    Personally I'd get a new micro sim off Metoer.

Yeah, I popped it back in and it works fine in the old phone. Going to go to Meteor after work and see if I can get a new sim. The one I'm using was only replaced about two weeks ago so I'm surprised there's an issue. Hopefully its not the phone!

Yeah, I popped it back in and it works fine in the old phone. Going to go to Meteor after work and see if I can get a new sim. The one I'm using was only replaced about two weeks ago so I'm surprised there's an issue. Hopefully its not the phone!

Yeah, there shouldn't be any issue really if it's reading it on the old phone.
    Have you got the sim card in the correct way although I think there is only one way it will fit?

• Advertisement

Yeah, its definitely in correctly. Even soft reset the phone to see if it was a software issue. Just keeps asking me to insert a sim.

Yeah, its definitely in correctly. Even soft reset the phone to see if it was a software issue. Just keeps asking me to insert a sim.

No harm to try a new sim. Hopefully it's not a problem with the phone.

rhonin wrote: »

No harm to try a new sim. Hopefully it's not a problem with the phone.

New sim sorted the problem. Loving the phone!

Advertisement