Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 and 10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gdon

hate you, hate you, hate you.....:D:D

Lol still playing with it and its still fab fan fan

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kkk888

gdon wrote: »
    Wooha

Just got email from Google,

"Great news Your nexus 4 has shipped"

So ordering from Ireland using uk vpn trick with delivery forwarding company works!

Now just waiting on the nexus 10 any one know what shipping company Google play uses in UK.
    hi which delivery forwarding company u used? thanks

Well the N4 has arrived. To be precise parcel motel sent me a text at 3.45am this morning. So I collected it and its fab fab fan.

So to confirm:
    1 VPN to UK Google play allows you to order
    2 Change your Irish credit card to UK add a UK post code
    3 Use parcel motels UK NI address
    4 Your goods get delivered!!!,
    Super.

I can only imagine what Apple fans are thinking right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Does anyone know if any of the prepaid cards allow you to use a UK address? My Permanent TSB Visa Debit doesn't seem to allow it. Might call them up and see if I can get an alternative address added to my account, or a temporary change.

kkk888 wrote: »
    hi which delivery forwarding company u used? thanks

Parcel motel it works like a treat, I got my first N10 last night was delivered at 12.45am.
    I was able to go up and collect it. Been playing with it all night lol.
    Resolution is amazing, only problem is that with the large display unlike
    the N4 or N7 you can see flaws in SD content and poorly encoded video. But HD is beautiful. I even had
    a look at some 4k video which played fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

brenbrady wrote: »

"Dur, what's a VPN?"

Popple3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any of the prepaid cards allow you to use a UK address? My Permanent TSB Visa Debit doesn't seem to allow it. Might call them up and see if I can get an alternative address added to my account, or a temporary change.

See http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2651410
    But I don't think you can use virtual card for hardware, as I seen many posts about this
    on the xda forums for buying in the US, not sure about EU. One way to test is try to load the
    details of card in Google wallet. Then try to buy the n7 for example.You can cancel the order
    with in one hour and you won't be charged.

Note see my previous threads about using Irish credit card with UK postcode. This worked for
    me I am typing this on my new N10 :-).

dahamsta wrote: »

"Dur, what's a VPN?"

A type of proxy that fakes your IP address that then allows you to connect to web sites which are geolocked.

So your Irish IP won't let you connect to Google play UK however use a UK proxy/VPN and you can connect. Pandapow offers VPN for cheap all instructions in their how to set it up. O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

2 Change your Irish credit card to UK

Huh? Does an Irish credit card work? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Fungus wrote: »
    Huh? Does an Irish credit card work? Thanks.

For a debit card anyway, put your address in exactly as it is (when using UK proxy) except your country is United Kingdom, and your postcode is a UK postcode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

brenbrady wrote: »
    "Dur, what's a VPN?"
    A type of proxy that fakes your IP address that then allows you to connect to web sites which are geolocked.

So your Irish IP won't let you connect to Google play UK however use a UK proxy/VPN and you can connect. Pandapow offers VPN for cheap all instructions in their how to set it up. O

Whoosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Sorry if this has been asked before but am I right in saying the Nexus 4 and 10 are not being officially released in Ireland and people are shipping it from the UK? But the Nexus 7 is available here on the high street (if you are lucky enough to see it!)?

Anyone know why they are not selling the 4 and 10 here?

Sorry if this has been asked before but am I right in saying the Nexus 4 and 10 are not being officially released in Ireland and people are shipping it from the UK? But the Nexus 7 is available here on the high street (if you are lucky enough to see it!)?

Anyone know why they are not selling the 4 and 10 here?

They have had limited release so far, but N4 will be probably available from 02. People buying it online because its cheaper and available sooner. But N10 I am sure will eventually make it to bricks and mortar shop. Check PC world currys thread

They have had limited release so far, but N4 will be probably available from 02. People buying it online because its cheaper and available sooner. But N10 I am sure will eventually make it to bricks and mortar shop. Check PC world currys thread

Cool thanks for that. Yeah after googling for a while it seems they really aren't making enough of the damn things :D So the tablets will be available sooner or later, but I'm not sure about the Nexus 4 after reading this.

Am I right in saying on the 7 and 10 though the Google Play store would not even be available unless you tricked it into thinking you were in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Cool thanks for that. Yeah after googling for a while it seems they really aren't making enough of the damn things :D So the tablets will be available sooner or later, but I'm not sure about the Nexus 4 after reading this.

Am I right in saying on the 7 and 10 though the Google Play store would not even be available unless you tricked it into thinking you were in the UK?

Well screw google, and just pick up a 7 in Pc World instead.

In a couple weeks when the rush has died down, I plan on picking up a n4 online, though adverts or similar.

• Advertisement

See http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2651410
    But I don't think you can use virtual card for hardware, as I seen many posts about this
    on the xda forums for buying in the US, not sure about EU. One way to test is try to load the
    details of card in Google wallet. Then try to buy the n7 for example.You can cancel the order
    with in one hour and you won't be charged.

Note see my previous threads about using Irish credit card with UK postcode. This worked for
    me I am typing this on my new N10 :-).

Yeah, I saw the thing about virtual cards since.

As for changing country and adding a UK postcode, that doesn't seem to work for me (although any address in Ireland will work). I did that and tried to buy a VPN service for a month through Google Wallet to try it out, but my card was rejected with a UK address.

Yeah, I saw the thing about virtual cards since.

As for changing country and adding a UK postcode, that doesn't seem to work for me (although any address in Ireland will work). I did that and tried to buy a VPN service for a month through Google Wallet to try it out, but my card was rejected with a UK address.

Which credit/debit card did you use and what exactly did you do.

Nolimits wrote: »

Which credit/debit card did you use and what exactly did you do.
    It's a Permanent TSB Visa Debit card. I changed the country to the UK and put in a valid postcode (can't remember what I used. Think it was 10 Downing Street), but kept the rest as my actual address.

It's a Permanent TSB Visa Debit card. I changed the country to the UK and put in a valid postcode (can't remember what I used. Think it was 10 Downing Street), but kept the rest as my actual address.

That's exactly what I've done with an AIB Visa debit and it works. I know you've tried google wallet, but just give it a try in the UK play store, buy a movie or something it's easy to get a refund as long as you don't actually start watching it.

That's same card that I used and worked for me.
    Did you add a UK delivery address like parcel motel?

You need a number of things
    1 UK VPN
    2 add new card as UK card using Irish details and valid UK postcode
    3 add new delivery address that is UK based like parcel motel
    4 you will need to a UK number just add the required number of digits till it allows u to proceed
    5 test all above by buying some in sterling from UK play store you can cancel purchase after its bought.
    6 If your having problems login to VPN login to UK play try to buy something select add new card put in all Irish details and then UK postcode then add.
    7 Add new delivery address that is UK eg parcel motel.

Note to buy apps movies books u just need UK card to buy hardware u also need UK card and UK address!

• Advertisement

That's same card that I used and worked for me.
    Did you add a UK delivery address like parcel motel?

You need a number of things
    1 UK VPN
    2 add new card as UK card using Irish details and valid UK postcode
    3 add new delivery address that is UK based like parcel motel
    4 test all above by buying some in sterling from UK play store you can cancel purchase after its bought.
    5 If your having problems login to VPN login to UK play try to buy something select add new card put in all Irish details and then UK postcode then add.
    6 Add new delivery address that is UK eg parcel motel.

Note to buy apps movies books u just need UK card to buy hardware u also need UK card and UK address!
    I'll give it a go and buy an album or something on the UK Play Store. Thanks.

With Parcel Motel, you have to go up the north and collect it right? Deciding between that and a package forwarding service. Probably gonna go with a forwarding service.

I'll give it a go and buy an album or something on the UK Play Store. Thanks.

With Parcel Motel, you have to go up the north and collect it right? Deciding between that and a package forwarding service. Probably gonna go with a forwarding service.

No you don't for no extra cost they'll leave it down to your local locker.

Tried buying an album on the Play Store and it failed with this message:
    google_play_music_error.png

But then I tried a movie, and it worked. I'll be keeping an eye out for Nexus 4s coming back into stock now. Thanks guys!

I'm guessing the issue with Music was that I set up with a US VPN, and the service slightly differs between countries. This method will probably work with a US ZIP code though, to allow me to buy music right?

I'll probably go with DeliverMe.ie (unless anyone has a reason I shouldn't) because there's no Parcel Motels near me.

Thanks again!

Tried buying an album on the Play Store and it failed with this message:
    google_play_music_error.png

But then I tried a movie, and it worked. I'll be keeping an eye out for Nexus 4s coming back into stock now. Thanks guys!

I'm guessing the issue with Music was that I set up with a US VPN, and the service slightly differs between countries. This method will probably work with a US ZIP code though, to allow me to buy music right?

I'll probably go with DeliverMe.ie (unless anyone has a reason I shouldn't) because there's no Parcel Motels near me.

Thanks again!

I was going to use deliverme but I had a parcel motel just 10 mins away. Note I have tried the US using vpn but due to the need for a verified US address with US credit card I didn't get the thing to work. In any case to avoid customs etc I bought hardware using Google play UK.

Anyway it appears that google UK is working for u njoy

Well screw google, and just pick up a 7 in Pc World instead.

In a couple weeks when the rush has died down, I plan on picking up a n4 online, though adverts or similar.

Yeah I'm gonna get the Nexus 10 if I can get my hands on it. It's actually only available on the play store at the moment as far as I can see

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Don't waste your time, they're sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

That was probably meant to be a parody of a fandroid, one of the really smug superior ones who go around insulting people for having the "wrong" phone.
    He probably knows what a VPN is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Don't waste your time, they're sold out.

With some deliveries pushed back three weeks it's not looking good for getting them in stock again any time soon either.
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was into the new year before supply improved and then the S4 is getting near so I'll be tempted to wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

Tried ordering a bumper to see if I could add my Visa card, but when it asks for a shipping address, it also asks for a phone number. What phone number am I to use if I am using Parcel Motel? Tried a few online, and a few generated ones, as well as my own Irish one, but none work. Selected United Kindom, but don't know a number, and it won't let me proceed without one!

GWNiall wrote: »
    Tried ordering a bumper to see if I could add my Visa card, but when it asks for a shipping address, it also asks for a phone number. What phone number am I to use if I am using Parcel Motel? Tried a few online, and a few generated ones, as well as my own Irish one, but none work. Selected United Kindom, but don't know a number, and it won't let me proceed without one!

Doesn't matter what number as long as its English, I think I used parcel motel any English number will do. But good point I will update my previous post

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_an_example_of_a_UK_mobile_number

• Advertisement

Hi
    You may be interested in what the final price was for N10 and N4 in Euros ordered via Google UK play.
    My debit card has a charge associated with it for any goods outside euro currency countries.

N10
    Nexus 10 (16GB) £319.00
    Shipping: £9.99
    Total: £328.99
    (Includes VAT of £54.83)

410.16 euro from Google play uk
    (328.99 sterling at exchange rate 0.802101)
    7.17 euro debit credit charge
    3.50 parcel motel delivery charge

Total 420.83 Euros.

N4 8gb
    Nexus 4 (8GB) £239.00
    Shipping: £9.99
    Total: £248.99
    (Includes VAT of £41.50)

310.42 from Google play
    (248.99 sterling at exchange rate 0.802106)
    5.43 euro debit credit charge
    3.50 parcel motel delivery charge

Total 319.77 euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Parcel motel it works like a treat, I got my first N10 last night was delivered at 12.45am.
    I was able to go up and collect it. Been playing with it all night lol.
    Resolution is amazing, only problem is that with the large display unlike
    the N4 or N7 you can see flaws in SD content and poorly encoded video. But HD is beautiful. I even had
    a look at some 4k video which played fine.

What is the battery life like? I was able to order a 32GB N10 here in the states today.....initially entered a US billing address and then amended it to my Irish one to correspond with my Irish CC so hope that won't mess it up?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

madmoe wrote: »
    What is the battery life like? I was able to order a 32GB N10 here in the states today.....initially entered a US billing address and then amended it to my Irish one to correspond with my Irish CC so hope that won't mess it up?

Cheers,
    M

The battery life is great on my N4. Easily getting a day with heavy usage and juice to spare.

My battery is currently at 78% with 10h 15m on battery, 45 mins screen time, wifi turned on, bluetooth off. A few hours of that would have been on the bed side table. I remember looking a few days ago at the screen time when the battery was low and it was over 4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 aidanmeaney

For anyone interested the N10 16Gb and 32Gb versions are back in-stock to order on the UK Play Store, ships in 2-3 weeks

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

For anyone interested the N10 16Gb and 32Gb versions are back in-stock to order on the UK Play Store, ships in 2-3 weeks

Won't order for me!!!!

Using tunnelbear for UK IP, using
    PM*****
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk, Newtownabbey
    CO ANTRIM
    BT364PX

as my shipping address, and using a scottish registered debit card of a friend of mine with his address as billing address. Very annoying.

Can anyone suggest anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

5starpool wrote: »
    Won't order for me!!!!

Using tunnelbear for UK IP, using
    PM*****
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk, Newtownabbey
    CO ANTRIM
    BT364PX

as my shipping address, and using a scottish registered debit card of a friend of mine with his address as billing address. Very annoying.

whats it giving back as an error?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Use your own credit card and billing address. But add a british postcode at the end of the address.

Or you could change your credit card billing address to the parcel motel one. I was able to do this online with AIB.

Not saying either of these options will work, but they might!

draffodx wrote: »
    whats it giving back as an error?

This lovely helpful message (stolen from another thread here, but same message).

mHuDQ.png
    Use your own credit card and billing address. But add a british postcode at the end of the address.

Or you could change your credit card billing address to the parcel motel one. I was able to do this online with AIB.

Not saying either of these options will work, but they might!

I'll try that, but no reason it won't work with an actual UK card.

Just checked Google play
    And nexus 4 and 7 listed as sold out you sure they were back in stock?

• Advertisement

Just checked Google play
    And nexus 4 and 7 listed as sold out you sure they were back in stock?

Nexus 4 didn't come back in stock, but N7 and N10 are showing as available in the UK play store.

Nexus 4 didn't come back in stock, but N7 and N10 are showing as available in the UK play store.

Ah yes see it now both 32 and 16 GB N10 their

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Crap! Sold out before I got home to purchase. Only N7 available now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Keith186 wrote: »

Anyone managed to get the Nexus 10?? Thoughts??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

madmoe wrote: »

Anyone managed to get the Nexus 10?? Thoughts??
    I managed to order one yesterday from play store. got a shipping email at 3am this morning which is cool,so hoping to get my hands on it by sat, depending on parcel motel

Keith186 wrote: »

N10 still available in UK play store when I checked there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Handy availability checker. Just select device in dropdown

http://ludalex.soupwhale.com/n4checker/?type=n7_32gb

Can take a wee while to refresh

I've been trying this since your post 5starpool. Did you get one ordered? (Think I seen 'Learn More' and thought it was sold out again).

I followed all the instructions over the last couple of pages.

I rented a movie but can't buy N10.

VPN
    My billing address on my visa is my normal address with the parcel motel postcode and UK as country
    Delivery address as Parcel Motel in format below.

Any ideas?

PS: Can't buy Nexus 7 so it's not related to stock or anything like that...

My name and PM ID
    Parcel Motel 1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey
    ANTRIM
    BT36 4PX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was expected to be waiting 2-3 weeks for my Nexus 10 that I ordered last night but got confirmation of shipment just there.

Sweet!

SMB did you do anything different with your billing address than what I did above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm based in the UK so got mine without having to jump through hoops.

• Advertisement
Advertisement