Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 and 10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Yeah its got the UTI infront which had my scratching my head, never heard of them before!
    Here's there website for tracking - http://www.go2uti.com/

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My N10 shipped yesterday as well. Hopefully get it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Package with my N10 has arrived in Dublin. Now it has to be shipped up to NI and then back down to Dublin. Stupid google.

My parcel motel account has been charged, hopefully that means they have received it up there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm thinking of ordering the Nexus 10 online through the VPN/Parcel Motel myself. That's utterly stupid that i have to go to so much effort, but whatever. Do i need to change the address on my credit card, or just my Google Wallet? And if i order it through Parcel Motel, they ship it from Dublin, to NI, and then back to Dublin?

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm thinking of ordering the Nexus 10 online through the VPN/Parcel Motel myself. That's utterly stupid that i have to go to so much effort, but whatever. Do i need to change the address on my credit card, or just my Google Wallet? And if i order it through Parcel Motel, they ship it from Dublin, to NI, and then back to Dublin?

Id' like to help, but I couldn't get it to order for me using any of my own cards or even using a friends card myself with their billing address. In the end I got someone I know in Belfast to order it for me. The N10 ships from Birmingham initially to Dublin, up to parcel motel in NI to the order delivery address, and they ship it back to Dublin (or whatever parcel motel depot you pick).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I ordered a 32 gb n10 late on Friday and just got an email from Google with the UTI tracking number. Anyone with experience with recent orders want to hazard a guess on when I can expect to see it with Parcel motel?

Even with tunnel bear I couldn't order with my AIB visa card. I had the bank change the registered address on the card to parcel motel, still no joy. Looks like once the card was registered to an existing google account with an Irish address they wouldn't accept the change to a uk address.
    What did work? Create a new google account from scratch with a uk address (parcel motel NI).
    Use tunnel bear to connect to uk play store. At checkout used an irish visa debit card - card had not been used previously with any google purchases.

Just got my hands on my N10. Happy dance time!!!!!!

Mine is now showing on the UTI tracking (rather unfortunate name for a company).
    Parcel is on the Birmingham to Dublin leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I ordered a 32 gb n10 late on Friday and just got an email from Google with the UTI tracking number. Anyone with experience with recent orders want to hazard a guess on when I can expect to see it with Parcel motel?

Even with tunnel bear I couldn't order with my AIB visa card. I had the bank change the registered address on the card to parcel motel, still no joy. Looks like once the card was registered to an existing google account with an Irish address they wouldn't accept the change to a uk address.
    What did work? Create a new google account from scratch with a uk address (parcel motel NI).
    Use tunnel bear to connect to uk play store. At checkout used an irish visa debit card - card had not been used previously with any google purchases.

I'd say Wednesday night (if unlucky maybe Thursday) could be a good bet. Usually it gets to Dublin within 36hrs. Parcel Motel offer a very quick turn around time.

5starpool wrote: »
    Just got my hands on my N10. Happy dance time!!!!!!

Let me know what you think.

I am very impressed generally with it. Some small software issues. Hardware has been great and no major complaints yet, thankfully I had no dead pixels and very little light bleed.

Watch the avengers trailer in HD on youtube with screen on full brightness. Very very nice!!!!:D

• Advertisement

I thought the N7 had a poor range of covers at launch until I checked for a N10 cover/case.
    Seriously shag all available.

I thought the N7 had a poor range of covers at launch until I checked for a N10 cover/case.
    Seriously shag all available.
    Shocking stuff.I have one ordered as a temporary measure from Amazon but still waiting despatch. Case is badly needed too. I still have the plastic covers on the device that came in box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Really loving mine! Have it a week now and apart from a few hard freezes I'm very content. There is a slight bit of light bleed in lower right corner but nothing that is gonna detract from it.

Cheers,
    Mark

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Finally convinced the OH to get it via the UK store only to find it's out of stock again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

ixoy wrote: »
    Finally convinced the OH to get it via the UK store only to find it's out of stock again :(

You can order it right now, but it's not shipping for 4-5 weeks now. At least you can get a place in a backlog queue rather than waiting for them to be shipping in a matter of days. Ordered a few today (me, my girlfriend and two colleagues, I'm not being greedy and reselling them). Unfortunately, only one of the 16GB is shipping in 1-2 weeks, the other 2 and the 8GB are 4-5 weeks. :(

Still, worth noting you can now order and play the waiting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Ixoy I ordered 23/11, shipped last Friday and was delivered this morning.

Estimated shipping was 2-3 weeks so I think Google are under promising and over delivering. Makes them look better when it arrives early and gives them some leeway if they get any hiccups along the way.

I reckon you should still get it before Xmas.

Popple3 wrote: »
    You can order it right now, but it's not shipping for 4-5 weeks now.
    Unless I'm quite blind, I'm not even being given that option! Just marked as "SOLD OUT" without any option to reserve it.

Now I could settle on a Galaxy tablet but I reckon it's better to hold out for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gdon

Popple3 wrote: »

Strange, Google Wallet will just keep overwriting my old card when I re-enter it with a different address. Leaving it as UK for now until the N4 is back in stock so I can pull the trigger quickly and avoid missing out.

I just checked my
    https://wallet.google.com/manage/#settings:
    Under billing and shipping,

I still have same Irish credit card 3 times with 1 UK 2 ire 3 us

Are you sure you change country when you added card ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

Has anyone had something shipped from the US over here, via a friend?

I'm thinking having a friend buy a Nexus 4 in the US and then ship it here. Will I get hit by taxes etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Mathiasb wrote: »

I'm thinking having a friend buy a Nexus 4 in the US and then ship it here. Will I get hit by taxes etc?

I'd say you'd most likely get stung by customs, even if it's marked as gift. I think there's a post about it somewhere in this thread (unless I read it somewhere else). Gifts over a certain value are still applicable for customs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

I was trying to order a nexus 10 the other night and then the next day.
    I was into the final bit of messing around with credit card addresses, got it sorted and then bam! Out of Stock! :mad:

It really is a painful to have to go through this to get a nexus 10.

I nearly order from Ebay but obviously they are going for a premium from UK sellers.

Probably look at other options.

Yes you will get stung by customs. Gifts over €45 get charged. You could mark it as less but then if things go wrong during shipping you will only be covered for that value. :(

Clone wrote: »
    I was trying to order a nexus 10 the other night and then the next day.
    I was into the final bit of messing around with credit card addresses, got it sorted and then bam! Out of Stock! :mad:

It really is a painful to have to go through this to get a nexus 10.

I nearly order from Ebay but obviously they are going for a premium from UK sellers.

Probably look at other options.

Yeah that sucks, I made sure to set it up before the N10 went on sale, at least you have it set up so when stock comes in your ready.

Yes you will get stung by customs. Gifts over €45 get charged. You could mark it as less but then if things go wrong during shipping you will only be covered for that value. :(

Hmm I see. If you mark it as a gift for 40 euro, you won't get charged at all? (I understand you'd lose the phone if something happens during shipping)

Do they open the packages and inspect them?

gdon wrote: »
    Yeah that sucks, I made sure to set it up before the N10 went on sale, at least you have it set up so when stock comes in your ready.

Great Idea, Is there a way to verify if the credit card will work.
    When i was going through the process It all seemed good, I could choose the card.

When I clicked 'Accept & Buy' I got a generic error message just stating there was a problem. Error message included a robot in pieces :confused:

I will look at setting this up again tonight so I can be ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Hmm I see. If you mark it as a gift for 40 euro, you won't get charged at all? (I understand you'd lose the phone if something happens during shipping)

Do they open the packages and inspect them?

Yes they open packages, theres an invoice included from the play store which is what they will base the vat and duty off. I'm all for buying online and cheaper if possible but from experience the majority of parcels I would get from the state's get stopped for customs regardless if it's marked as a gift toy present or sock

Incidentaly my n10 arrived yesterday from the play store UK all in all it was straightforward as can be using tunnelbear and parcel motel

Great Idea, Is there a way to verify if the credit card will work.
    When i was going through the process It all seemed good, I could choose the card.

When I clicked 'Accept & Buy' I got a generic error message just stating there was a problem. Error message included a robot in pieces :confused:

I will look at setting this up again tonight so I can be ready.

Yes, set your card up login to UK play and try to buy an app you can cancel the purchase
    Within 15mins of purchase. Make sure the purchase comes up as sterling. If that works and you
    have UK delivery address it should work

Yes, set your card up login to UK play and try to buy an app you can cancel the purchase
    Within 15mins of purchase. Make sure the purchase comes up as sterling. If that works and you
    have UK delivery address it should work

Thanks for the advice, With regards to my odd error message I think it is down to not setting my google account to UK so it probably had some issue there.

Will get it sorted now in the hope that the stock returns just as quick as it did last time.

I couldn't find the option to pre-order.

Thanks for the advice, With regards to my odd error message I think it is down to not setting my google account to UK so it probably had some issue there.

Will get it sorted now in the hope that the stock returns just as quick as it did last time.

I couldn't find the option to pre-order.

Their is no preorder, I presume robot error occurred when you tried to buy nexus.
    This occurs when server overloaded, if its occurring when trying to buy app you got a Google
    wallet setup issue

• Advertisement

Hm. Using tunnelbear set to UK I added my .ie VISA to Google wallet with the billing address of the parcel motel (UK). When I try to buy the phone I select the UK address, but get the broken robot.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Uh oh. There was a problem.

We couldn't complete your purchase because of a technical issue.

Details of the problem below:
    Sorry, we were unable to process this request. The order has been automatically cancelled and you will not be charged for the purchase. Please try again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 rmoyles

Ordered Nexus 10 Saturday delivered on Tuesday via Parcel Motel.
    UK friend ordered it for me.

Hm. Using tunnelbear set to UK I added my .ie VISA to Google wallet with the billing address of the parcel motel (UK). When I try to buy the phone I select the UK address, but get the broken robot.

Am I doing something wrong?

Unless you changed the BILLING address of your visa card with your bank to parcel motel the credit check will fail.

In Google wallet

Remove old card and address

Simply add the card as UK card with Irish billing address and UK postcode.

Then add parcel motel as a DELIVERY address

Set parcel motel as DEFAULT delivery address

Set UK card as DEFAULT card

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So the Nexus 10 is sold out in the UK now as well, right? Any indication as to when it will be available again? I'm travelling in 8 weeks, and had hoped to get it before then.

Unless you changed the BILLING address of your visa card with your bank to parcel motel the credit check will fail.

In Google wallet

Remove old card and address

Simply add the card as UK card with Irish billing address and UK postcode.

Then add parcel motel as a DELIVERY address

Set parcel motel as DEFAULT delivery address

Set UK card as DEFAULT card

Thanks, did just do that. However, I get the same error. My google wallet VISA is on my Irish billing address except I just put in a UK post code there. The deilvery address shows up correctly for Parcel motel UK when I try to buy the phone. The UK card is the only card. Perhaps I missed something?

Cheers,

Thanks, did just do that. However, I get the same error. My google wallet VISA is on my Irish billing address except I just put in a UK post code there. The deilvery address shows up correctly for Parcel motel UK when I try to buy the phone. The UK card is the only card. Perhaps I missed something?

Cheers,

I had the exact same error with an Irish visa credit card, as you discovered even changing the billing address with the bank to parcel motels exact address will not work.
    Either they know from the card number it is Irish or they recognise you've used it with an Irish account previously. What worked for me was using a visa debit card.

• Advertisement

I had the exact same error with an Irish visa credit card, as you discovered even changing the billing address with the bank to parcel motels exact address will not work.
    Either they know from the card number it is Irish or they recognise you've used it with an Irish account previously. What worked for me was using a visa debit card.

Ahh, cheers. Will try that.

Cheers,

It seems this may be a credit card issue.
    I used my permanent TSB visa debit card, I have no experience with credit card. I have read on other forums that people had a problem with credit rather than debit cards.

One final thing you could try is to open up a new gmail account and follow steps previously described. If it still doesn't work then its most likely an issue with credit card.

Their is no preorder, I presume robot error occurred when you tried to buy nexus.
    This occurs when server overloaded, if its occurring when trying to buy app you got a Google
    wallet setup issue

Hey guys,
    What is the link for the Google Play UK store?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »

Hey guys,
    What is the link for the Google Play UK store?

Cheers,
    M

https://play.google.com/store/devices?feature=corpus_selector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Hi,

Would anybody be so kind as to order me a Nexus 10 from the UK play store?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Hi,

Would anybody be so kind as to order me a Nexus 10 from the UK play store?? :D

are they back in stock? :eek:

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    are they back in stock? :eek:
    Nope..

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Got my hopes up for nothing :pac:

I'm on the verge of buying a Nexus 7 but if the N10 was to go back on sale in the next week or so I'll be going for that instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Several of ye have N10s now, how are ye getting on with them?

dahamsta wrote: »
    Several of ye have N10s now, how are ye getting on with them?

I think it's a great piece of kit. Got bootloader unlocked and rooted fairly easy. I have had no problems with the device. The screen looks amazing. It's very quick - I installed stickmount[root] and got an OTG cable and I can watch movies from my usb stick without any delays or framerate issues.

Apps are slowly getting updated for Jellybean and it's all starting to look good now. Speakers are excellent, at times a bit too loud.

while it might not be the most amazing looking device out there, I have quickly got used to the look and it's quite light and feels good in the hands so no major problems there.

Overall very impressed - I haven't fully made up my mind yet regarding the battery as my usage has not been consistent - lack of accessories major problem at the moment too.

Any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Uriel. wrote: »

I think it's a great piece of kit. Got bootloader unlocked and rooted fairly easy. I have had no problems with the device. The screen looks amazing. It's very quick - I installed stickmount[root] and got an OTG cable and I can watch movies from my usb stick without any delays or framerate issues.

Apps are slowly getting updated for Jellybean and it's all starting to look good now. Speakers are excellent, at times a bit too loud.

while it might not be the most amazing looking device out there, I have quickly got used to the look and it's quite light and feels good in the hands so no major problems there.

Overall very impressed - I haven't fully made up my mind yet regarding the battery as my usage has not been consistent - lack of accessories major problem at the moment too.

Any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Curious as to where you got your OTG cable mate as I'm looking for one??

madmoe wrote: »
    Curious as to where you got your OTG cable mate as I'm looking for one??
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2056820376

Thanks, will get it from there. Have you tried a USB hard drive mate?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

N4 was on UK Play store on Monday for about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is there a reason its so popular? Like the One X+ for example seems a better all round phone. Same with the SGS3. Is it just that its Googles official phone that makes it so popular?

• Advertisement
Advertisement