Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City Gaffes

Options
  • 29-10-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

With often more than one an episode there should be plenty to keep us going! So which was your favourite from Sunday? Kelly being late when she should have been early ( clocks went BACK) or Dermot saying he had a free house and yet Orla with Ben being there when he got back? Oh and Dermot was 20 minutes late for a 4.30 date so it was 4.50 and yet it wasn't getting dark? ?
    Any more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

A week or so ago, when Wayne called in to the Ma, the door didn't close properly, he hesitated, thought about closing it, but decided against. Watched it a few times, it was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I remember there was at least one episode where Keith was missing the black spot on his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

juan.kerr wrote: »
    I remember there was at least one episode where Keith was missing the black spot on his head.
    Yvonne had a very messy till about a month ago - Keith had been fired and had to pay with loads of change. Without blinkng she scooped it all into the till drawer - no sorting nothing!
    Very pricey too. Somebody handed over a tenner for ONE scone there a while back- no change !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ray referred to Paul and Niamh's baby as 'him' a while back. I wonder how blatant a mistake needs to force a second take.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Ray referred to Paul and Niamh's baby as 'him' a while back. I wonder how blatant a mistake needs to force a second take.
    Yea .. thought I imagined that one lol obviously not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

Years back, when Carol and Leo were in her apartment after Billy had been murdered, her cigarette went from just being lit to being smoked all the ways down, and back again all in the space of a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

desbrook wrote: »
    With often more than one an episode there should be plenty to keep us going! So which was your favourite from Sunday? Kelly being late when she should have been early ( clocks went BACK)
    I was wondering about this, how could such an obvious error go unnoticed on set, it was copped on to straight away by the eagle-eyed boardsies. When you consider the amount of people involved in filming, directing, acting, scriptwriting, shooting, editing etc. there's no way it could have been missed, was it a deliberate gaffe for some reason?

vektarman wrote: »
    I was wondering about this, how could such an obvious error go unnoticed on set, it was copped on to straight away by the eagle-eyed boardsies. When you consider the amount of people involved in filming, directing, acting, scriptwriting, shooting, editing etc. there's no way it could have been missed, was it a deliberate gaffe for some reason?
    Very very true - never thought about it like that. At least it involved thought of some sort. The fact Paul was seen to bring back a tiny 500ml carton of milk back to a house with five people needed no thought - it was just wrong! !! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Last night, in the midst of Lucy's mental maelstrom, Wayne thought it a good idea to change his jumper. He was wearing a brown jumper at the begininng but answered the door to Dolores a few hours later in a blue jumper. Interesting to see that Wayne thinks fashion is more important than a nervous breakdown.

Did Wayne's collar go from being up to normal again in the opening scene?

• Advertisement

Does Dolores have tea bags in her kettle or something? That was one quick cup of tea Lucy made!

Yangedd wrote: »
    Must check the RTE player for that one ;-)

Well spotted! !! 0.49 it was up 0.50 it was down. Did you spot that "live " Yangedd?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Anyone who buys a takeaway coffee/tea always gets handed an empty cup.

Does Dolores have tea bags in her kettle or something? That was one quick cup of tea Lucy made!
    Hard luck ... it was coffee - black ;-)

Vino's - "The land of vanishing change ". Another purchase of EXACTLY a fiver - yawn ..Funny too how Pete could fit locks for Eddie but not his beloved Dolores? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Whats the name of that message tone sms that renne and Judith have on there mobiles I've been trying to find the name of it everywhere. So does anyone know? Thanks a mill
    Kormeera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    Whats the name of that message tone sms that renne and Judith have on there mobiles I've been trying to find the name of it everywhere. So does anyone know? Thanks a mill
    Kormeera

I'm assuming this is a serious question..

It's called Grande Valse or the 'Nokia Tune'..

If not, please ignore! :D

Advertisement