Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stairlift removal

• 29-10-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi have to remove a freelift curved mono rail stairlift.
    Thought i would only have to remove end stopper at top of rail and drive it off but stops at charging block.
    any ideas please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You could try the manufacturers but they might not help you if you're not an authorised installer.

There's bound to be a release mechanism somewhere but you might need to remove come covers and do a bit of searching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

usually on a curved stairlift, there is a preset amount of revolutions that tells the lift to stop.......

i suggest you disconnect the batteries and remove it mechanically at the bottom.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭whizbang

theres usually a stop screwed into the rail, as well as a limit switch activator. (might be one piece)
    Often the charging point is the limit switch activator.

you will have to remove both , then again there might be an end of rail switch too... hand wind the unit off.
    Some units just use magnets behind the rail - just slide them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 danny50

I,ll have another look. i took off stopper but as you say its stopping at charger
    might see if i can remove charger
    Thanks.

Advertisement