Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband

• 29-10-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else have to reconnect their broadband at least 8 times a day!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

nbar12 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have to reconnect their broadband at least 8 times a day!?
    Mine has got steadily worse over the last few months, yes. My old netopia router seems more reliable than my vf one. When it goes down at least it shows a red internet light while the vf Router continued to show a green light..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭northeast2012

its crap for me, randomly goes to ****e, and cant even stream from sky go
    / aertv.

tech support moved me to a 12:1 contenttion ratio, and said that sometimes fixes problems :rolleyes:

i asked them to put me back on the BT exchange port, as they had moved me off this to see if it resolved issues, it made things worse.

i asked them to move me back to the BT exchange port, and they said it was too expensive to do this!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

With ours I could switch the router on and off five or six times before it connects but once it's connect it's solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

bluesfan wrote: »
    With ours I could switch the router on and off five or six times before it connects but once it's connect it's solid.

im the same but taught it was an issue with the area i live in but maybe its just the vodafone broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

Its the Vodafone router. Get a different router.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

conjamuk wrote: »

rightio will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've just posted about this. The Voda router's pure sh1te!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I can almost give my router a countdown to disconnection...happens the same time every day! Get the whole "limited access" "no internet access" HISPA message...all the same crap -_-. Thankfully I'm switching ISP next month so roll on then! Utterly useless provider vodafone are...and the help desk people are fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

@nbar12
    Post your line stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

Vodafone Broadband is completely useless.Everyday its slow.When I ring them ,they keep telling me to move my modem downstairs and then upstairs.They havent a clue how to fix it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I'm rural and restricted to a paltry 1mb speed download. Which would be fine if we actually got even half that. Keeps dropping, needs resetting several times a day and is unworkable for any business I have to attend to. I've rang Vodafone and its the modem, the splitter, length of cable from the wall etc etc. Point is, with BT never had too many issues. I pray for the day my exchange is upgraded but I may be an old man by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

conjamuk wrote: »

Yeah agree with you there. Every time I change back to the Vodafone supplied one (with latest firmware), within a day I'm back with the old reliable Netopia (ex Eircom) one. Vodafone one drops wireless continually and my Sky box regularly disconnects over ethernet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Got a "interested in sky broadband please return this" letter in the post the other day. Cannot wait to get rid of Vodafone. It is so bad since BT switched us to vodafone! Hope Sky is better...well they can't be much worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

I'm a former BT customer who had to move over. Simply terrible broadband speeds. Has anyone who has contacted Vodafone received a positive outcome by calling customer service. If Vodafone is so bad what are the alternatives. I'm a bit leery changing to Eircom. What other options are there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

EoC wrote: »
    I'm a former BT customer who had to move over. Simply terrible broadband speeds. Has anyone who has contacted Vodafone received a positive outcome by calling customer service. If Vodafone is so bad what are the alternatives. I'm a bit leery changing to Eircom. What other options are there?

Sky are on the way for broadband (using same infrastructure) but could be way cheaper than anyone especially if bundled with tv.

I have Vodafone Max & have no problems,constant speeds that I was promised (touches wood)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

EoC wrote: »

I'm the same as you. Ex BT that had 1-3mb from a BT LLU line. When I got transferred to Voda, there was an immediate improvement. I'm now on "up to 8 meg" and consistantly getting over 6 meg at half the price I was paying to BT and Eircom.Maybe I'm just lucky as I'm just over 300m from the Exchange. So happy out. Its not all bad news with Voda. Having said that, I've signed up to have a call from $ky(Zerks, where are you:D) to see what I can glean from them pricewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I was having this issue with disconnects, then changed the router from the rubbish Eircom Zyxel model to a Netopia.

Problem 100% solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

I'm also ex BT, then Vodafone took over the account.I never signed a contract with Vodafone.
    Using an old Zyzel modem from way back when.
    I'm supposed to be getting 3mb. I get just under 2 most of the time according to speed tests I carried out.
    When Vodafone took over first the service was dreadful but it did improve & is solid most of the time now.

Where I live in the South West its unlikely to improve any time soon. Will be interesting to see what SKY come up with.
    Had a friend who was with Perlico. Not a day went by when the service wasn't down.
    In frustration she went back to Eircom & if by magic all the problems disappeared.Makes you wonder ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

I recently ordered Vodafone broadband 'cos I'm in a rural area and the USB key I'm using was providing poor connectivity, no fault of 3 really, I'm too far from a repeater for it to be viable. I finally got my modem from Vodafone on Thursday morning, set it up, and phoned their helpdesk to get connected. I was told it would take between 24 and 48 hours to connect. Today, 72 hours later I'm still not connected so I phoned 1907 again and was told that I would be connected on the 20th at the earliest! I told them they can forget it, I'm not waiting another week for them to connect and I'll look for a different provider.
    Any suggestions? I really just need broadband, no phone or telly bundles, just broadband...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I recently ordered Vodafone broadband 'cos I'm in a rural area and the USB key I'm using was providing poor connectivity, no fault of 3 really, I'm too far from a repeater for it to be viable. I finally got my modem from Vodafone on Thursday morning, set it up, and phoned their helpdesk to get connected. I was told it would take between 24 and 48 hours to connect. Today, 72 hours later I'm still not connected so I phoned 1907 again and was told that I would be connected on the 20th at the earliest! I told them they can forget it, I'm not waiting another week for them to connect and I'll look for a different provider.
    Any suggestions? I really just need broadband, no phone or telly bundles, just broadband...

thats odd, did you get a letter with your login in details?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

irishgeo wrote: »
    thats odd, did you get a letter with your login in details?

Nope, just an quick set up guide which states "With these helpful instructions you'll be online in just a few simple steps". No login details, nothing. Line is working fine, had it reconnected over a week ago...

Advertisement