Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing blackberry help please

Options
  • 29-10-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm replacing my much used blackberry.

I am looking at getting either a windows (7) or android phone, not another Bb if I can help it.

I like the Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Mozart or the Sony xpera U.

I like them all for different toys, but the main reason why I need a phone is to keep on top of my email accounts.

I have 16 email accounts and my blackberry does a great job of delivering each new email from my accounts straight to my home screen. Can I do this with an Android or windows 7 phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

househero wrote: »
    Hi, I'm replacing my much used blackberry.

I am looking at getting either a windows (7) or android phone, not another Bb if I can help it.

I like the Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Mozart or the Sony xpera U.

I like them all for different toys, but the main reason why I need a phone is to keep on top of my email accounts.

I have 16 email accounts and my blackberry does a great job of delivering each new email from my accounts straight to my home screen. Can I do this with an Android or windows 7 phone?

You can definitely do this with and Android phone, not so sure about Windows 7 phone but I assume it would.

Windows 8 phones are due to be launched in Ireland shortly which you may want to wait for.

What type of email accounts do you use i.e. gmail, hotmail, exchange etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

censuspro wrote: »
    You can definitely do this with and Android phone, not so sure about Windows 7 phone but I assume it would.

Windows 8 phones are due to be launched in Ireland shortly which you may want to wait for.

What type of email accounts do you use i.e. gmail, hotmail, exchange etc

Yahoo and three websites hosts (I own the domain for) will this be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Either a Windows Phone or Android phone will be able to handle e-mail for you. If you like having a qwerty keyboard, the only thing is that there are no Windows Phone devices that have this. This may or may not be a deal breaker for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

My tablet runs android, would the phone be the same? My tablets browser has trouble logging into my independent http://webmail email Accounts, would this be the same on the android phones?

Maybe i need an android email client? Like the blackberry enterprise solution???

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Depending on the version of Android on your tablet it may be the same on the android phone. I find some issues with independent webmail with other browsers too, I think it's as much down to the webmail system in use as the browser. You could always try another browser on your tablet.

To be honest though, if you want to access multiple email accounts you are better setting them up as IMAP accounts on the device. I know the HTC devices allow a top level inbox where you can see email from all your accounts in one place and a little colour indicator shows what account they're from.

So to answer your last question, yes you should use an email client but the built in one should do fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement