Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox problem?

Options
  • 29-10-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭

Hi, there's a problem with my Firefox and it seems like it happened over night.

It wont load any pages. At first I thought my internet was acting up but when i tried Chrome and IE it was fine?

I uninstalled and re-installed it three times now but still now luck and i checked Mozilla's site for help but anything that was recommended there didn't help?

Anyone here have a clue as to what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You could try a Firefox Profile Reset which will revert Firefox to default settings. The profile may have become corrupted.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

yoyo wrote: »
    You could try a Firefox Profile Reset which will revert Firefox to default settings. The profile may have become corrupted.

Nick

Thanks but unfortunately it didn't work Nick.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Thanks but unfortunately it didn't work Nick.

It sounds to me like you have a Firewall software installed that is set to block firefox, do you have an internet security suite installed, a firewall or do you use the Windows firewall?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    It sounds to me like you have a Firewall software installed that is set to block firefox, do you have an internet security suite installed, a firewall or do you use the Windows firewall?

Nick

I use the windows firewall. Firefox was working perfect for about 2 years and then all of a sudden, nothing will load, and i didn't change any settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I use the windows firewall. Firefox was working perfect for about 2 years and then all of a sudden, nothing will load, and i didn't change any settings?
    Have you updated firefox? You could always download the latest version at http://www.filehippo.com/

• Advertisement

200motels wrote: »
    Have you updated firefox? You could always download the latest version at http://www.filehippo.com/

Have the latest version of firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Have the latest version of firefox.
    Well I would delete the one you have and download it again and try it to see if it gets rid of your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

I have had a similar problem for the last few months although different. Facebook, Twitter and Google do not load at times. Sometimes they do load without problem but, often, they do not. If Facebook doesn't load then i know not to try to Google anything as i know it will also not work. Everything else works fine all of the time. I have tried everything. Deleted and reinstalled, reset, upgraded, All add-ons disabled, cleared cache and yet the problem remains. I love Firefox and have lived with this issue because i love it but i'd love to fix it. Anyone have an idea?

Er, anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Are the internet settings in firefox setup correctly. They may have been reset meaning that the connection settings are incorrect.

If its setup correctly try this:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

• Advertisement

I did reset, no change, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

uninstall then delete anything mozilla or firefox related from - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local

(assuming you dont use any other mozilla products

where username is your username

Then reinstall

Advertisement