Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio signal in the City.

Options
  • 29-10-2012 8:10pm

Hi, has anyone else noticed that the radio signal has been really bad these past few weeks? Most notably Newstalk, It's just simply not working for me. In my car, on the radio in the kitchen, on the TV and on my phone.

Has Newstalk stopped working properly for anyone else?

Mahalo!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

newstalk and todayfm arent great for me... staterd about 3weeks ago

newstalk used to be crystal clear :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ellie1984

Same here, I come home from work every night from Clonmel and as soon as I get past Granny castle it just keeps on dropping...really annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Today FM and 2FM both went off air a few times simultaneously for a few seconds each time on Friday or Saturday.. so maybe there was work on the transmitter site that supplies us down here? Just a thought..

H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Yup, been noticing the same here, especially with newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Its been like that for a while now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

I only noticed it the last day or two. Glad other people are having the same problem as I though the radio in the car was broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

RTE 1 is a regular pain (Mt Leinster) with outages and never an apology.:(

Think were getting the dregs of the barrell down here.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

one of the Newstalk fequencies has been very strange, sometimes breaking up like it was aural digital pixelation, sometimes bathed in a curious whistling sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

first world problems, eh??

• Advertisement

No, a radio problem.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

So its not just me then. I hope it is fixed soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

newstalk has been back to normal for me the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Newstalk is still crap for me, it does sound like I losing the signal on a laptop but I'm listening on the radio.

I thought it was when I past Taxis as it kept cutting out going through town.

Its true, it starts at Granny castle and seems to be bad right out to the Dunmore Rd, but fine up by Hillview!

It went to pot yesterday, one frequency disappeared completely at times during the Liverpool v Newcastle game.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

Couldn't you email Newstalk about this? I'm sure they would like to know, whether they would do anything to fix it is another matter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Which Newstalk frequency are you noticing problems on?

Advertisement