Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxygen glass collection?

Options
  • 29-10-2012 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Hi

I passed an Oxygen truck picking up garbage this morning. I think I am right in saying their green bin is the general waste ( I use AES, so can't be certain)?

My query is as follows: Whatever bin was picked up had glass bottles in it, as I heard them being dumped into the truck. Surely this is a shocking waste of recycling material? Isn't there a law about recycling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no legal compulsion to recycle. There are still areas which have one bin (as opposed to the 4 I'm meant to have - not that AES have ever given me the last bin) and there's a pretty good chance that the Oxigen service doesn't provide a glass bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

green oqygen bin was more than likely recycling and the black is waste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Thanks Quil - I think it was a black bin.

But to MYOB.....Why do the powers that be spend so much money adertising to recyle as much as possible, when the refuse companies don't supply the necessary bins? Defeats the purpose IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Recycling costs. you want a glass bin,
    5 euro per lift

5 euro per lift

I have a glass bin. I paid €264 for all 4 of my bins to be lifted for the year. So cannot say I pay €5 for the glass bin to be lifted - I don't know the breakdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What are the 4 bins for
    How often is the actual waste bin emptied

What are the 4 bins for
    How often is the actual waste bin emptied

Not sure of the relevance to the thread but.................

General
    Recycle
    Green waste
    Glass

First 3 lifted every 2nd week, while the glass lifted once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

5 euro per lift
    Dunno about other companies but its definitely not the case with aes. The glass collection is free once you have a valid service

Advertisement