Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here come across this Apple TV problem?

• 29-10-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I rented a movie last night and when I came to watch it I got this error:

an error occurred loading the content please try again later.

Apple tv 3 and also my old Apple tv 2 in the kitchen the same thing with the movie.

Rebooted the routed, reinstalled the software on the Apple tv.

It worked for a little while but when I came back to it it happened again.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

mad muffin wrote: »
    I rented a movie last night and when I came to watch it I got this error:

an error occurred loading the content please try again later.

Apple tv 3 and also my old Apple tv 2 in the kitchen the same thing with the movie.

Rebooted the routed, reinstalled the software on the Apple tv.

It worked for a little while but when I came back to it it happened again.:confused:

The one and only time I have rented a movie from Apple this happened to me too.

At the time all I could think of was the BB was too slow (i was in a hotel trying to put a movie on for the kids)

Did you try rebooting your router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Victor_M wrote: »
    The one and only time I have rented a movie from Apple this happened to me too.

At the time all I could think of was the BB was too slow (i was in a hotel trying to put a movie on for the kids)

Did you try rebooting your router?

Yeah. Rebooted and it started to work but it was too late so I paused the movie. When I came back to it today same error :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Came across this in another forum

"I was having this problem as well and I was able to solve it. The problem I was having was actually the Apple TV unable to determine the resolution of my TV. The Apple TV was set to Auto and every time I tried to watch an HD movie I would get this error message. Very frustrating. Since my TV doesn't Support 1080p and I guess the Apple TV thought it did. Any way I set the resolution to 720p and now I am not having any problems. It is possible to set the resolution in the Apple TV's settings. Hope this helps."

What sort of TV do you have, maybe setting the definition manually instead of Auto may help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I had that error once so i sent apple an email about it and they reluctantly refunded the amount. They said something along the lines of "all sales are final and we don't usually offer refunds but we will make an exception in this case".

They never said it it was a common problem though and to be fair, it only happened the one time and I rent a film every second week or so.

Victor_M wrote: »
    Came across this in another forum

"I was having this problem as well and I was able to solve it. The problem I was having was actually the Apple TV unable to determine the resolution of my TV. The Apple TV was set to Auto and every time I tried to watch an HD movie I would get this error message. Very frustrating. Since my TV doesn't Support 1080p and I guess the Apple TV thought it did. Any way I set the resolution to 720p and now I am not having any problems. It is po[CODE[/code]ssible to set the resolution in the Apple TV's settings. Hope this helps."

What sort of TV do you have, maybe setting the definition manually instead of Auto may help?

1080P plasma. Never had this problem before today. And now it happened on two different boxes on two different tellies for the same movie.
    I had that error once so i sent apple an email about it and they reluctantly refunded the amount. They said something along the lines of "all sales are final and we don't usually offer refunds but we will make an exception in this case".

They never said it it was a common problem though and to be fair, it only happened the one time and I rent a film every second week or so.

It's on a US account so I don't think they'll help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

mad muffin wrote: »

It's on a US account so I don't think they'll help.

Mine's a US account too. I just sent it to their US support instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ted1

US servers may be affected by the storm.

Mine's a US account too. I just sent it to their US support instead.
    I'll have to get in touch with them then.
    ted1 wrote: »
    US servers may be affected by the storm.

Possibly? This happened a couple of days ago now.

Googling has brought up a lot of other people suffering from this since the last update.

Advertisement