Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Before and after Makeup-The "real" you!

• 29-10-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Have been thinking about this topic for awhile. I LOVE makeup, wear it daily and i genuinely look miles better with it on imho. This is my before and after photo (dont think i need to say which is which :D) but i feel the difference is drastic. The first pic, is 9am on a walk in wicklow, freezing, hungover and haven't brushed my hair (the makeup-less me).The middle pic is my normal daytime makeup and the last is is last sat night for Halloween.

My eyes are what i always focus on makeup wise. I've decent skin but eyemakeup for me is essential. Ill post what i have on if anyone wants. Anyone else willing to do a before and after too and say what for them is your essential makeup products??:o;) It's mascara,eyeliner and fake tan for me!
    picmonkeycollagey.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Cool idea for a thread! You're very pretty anniehoo. :) I'll see if I can find a make up-less picture of myself and if it's not too bad, I might be brave enough to post too. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

321583_296889833671814_1893126616_n.jpg

Before

8136772058_c1b965d59e_z.jpg

After

As you can see, I don't wear a huge amount of make up anyway and no tan :p

Edit: wow, giant picture... don't know how to resize :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You can resize on Photobucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Androidlovers

I don't want to comment on your after make up picture but you look pretty enough on your before makeup picture ! :)

Before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00457.jpg

daytime

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00458.jpg

evening
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00146.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00151-1.jpg

Eyeliner is most of what I need really, and I absolutely don't tan

I think you look better without the tan makeup to be honest, your skin is lovely without it, and you don't need strong lipstick with strong eye makeup. Love the eyes though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I think you look far, far better without all that make up anniehoo. You really don't need so much make up/tan, imo. You are very lucky to have clear skin and you are very pretty without all the make up.

My day time and going out make up is the same, except some times during the day I don't wear mascara/eye shadow, I always wear those at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Without meaning to sound in any way offensive, I think you look better with the make up. I like the full on make up look and I do something similar myself. I didn't notice you asking for opinions/critique though so I will leave it there.

I have a post I put up a few years ago of me with and without make up but it's a bit outdated now. I don't have many photos of me without make up in general though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

anniehoo - I think you are prettier without the makeup (controversial!) Your pale skin suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Anniehoo, you have cute dimples!

I don't have the guts to post up pictures of myself... But, daily I wear BB Cream, power, blush, and mascara, and if I have more time I'll bring out the big guns and slap on some eyeshadow and eyeliner. For special occasions/going out/etc I'll tend to use tons more product and have a mini meltdown because I'm worried I don't look as good as I think I do! And I love bold lipsticks but I'm actually quite terrified of wearing them in public - I don't know why!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Pythia wrote: »
    I didn't notice you asking for opinions/critique though so I will leave it there.
    Im not really tbh,i was expecting a mixed bag anyway. I'm not easily offended at all and i agree i do look better with makeup on.In fairness, it was halloween id never normally be that heavy handed with it. I just wanted to show people the before and after of makeup for me and why i love it. As i said im somewhere in between for daytime.

Interesting to hear the critiques though all the same :p;) I'll add in a daytime shot so its not too much of a contrast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Just putting in a gentle mod note here that if you are posting comments/critique to not be nasty/over critical/condescending about it. It's just that I've seen threads like this on other forums where users get condescending about too much make up/tan/go natural. No one here has so far, but just popping it in anyway :)

I'll post something tomorrow, tonight I am lazy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I think you look great in each picture, not better or worse, you just look like a lovely person!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

No make up - sweaty after a run.

nomakeup.jpg

Minimal make up - casual drinks with friends. This would be what I'd wear daily, maybe without the eyeshadow, fairly light base and then some eye make up. Takes about 5-10 mins max.

minimummakeup.jpg

Full make up - minus lashes. Full coverage base, dark eyeshadows, fully filled in brows, bronzer, lipstick. This would be for nights out generally or special occasions; weddings, graduation etc. I like how this looks tbh, but I couldn't be bothered going to that amount effort every day.

fullmakeup.jpg

Personally I love how full make up looks but I don't think it's really suitable for day to day wear, I think I'd look a bit ridiculous going doing my shopping and wouldn't really be entirely comfortable tbph. I think I probably look my most 'naturally' best wearing the kind of make up like in my second pic. I'm not uncomfortable make up free either, I'd happily go days without make up but I don't think I'd go out socially without a least a little bit of make up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

<SNIP> DO NOT QUOTE PICS

Can I ask what makeup (eye and face) you're wearing in the last pic, I think it's stunning!?

ViveLaVie wrote: »

Can I ask what makeup (eye and face) you're wearing in the last pic, I think it's stunning!?

Inglot primer
    Urban decay naked skin foundation in 3.5
    mac studio fix concealor in nc20
    Bourgeois bronzer, the one that looks like a chocolate bar in the lighter shade
    natural collection blusher in pink cloud
    UD primer potion
    UD virgin shadow all over eyes to brow
    Ud dark horse up to crease and then blend up.
    Dark horse and under eyes too
    Black liquid liner on top lid
    chanel black kohl liner on top and bottom water line.
    Lashing of black mascara
    mac mineralise skin finish natural in medium all over face.
    Ud virgin as highlight on cheekbones.
    Ud setting spray to lose any powdery look to the skin.
    Brows are filled with buck shadow and set with clear mascara.
    Lips are maybeline pink colour with rose vaseline over the top.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

DSC04534.jpg
    Pretty sure I've no make-up here. It's very old...but kinda hard to find a pic of me without mascara...some fair blonde eyelashes on me!

409080_4332585086621_1492969506_n.jpg
    That's "normal". Everyday I spose. Although I usually pencil in my eyebrows...left the eyebrow pencil in my other house that day :/

228604_1872889235762_6694460_n.jpg
    And that's a LOT of make-up.

I dunno. I never really look dramatically different like some people do. Always stay white enough too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    Before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00457.jpg

daytime

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00458.jpg

evening
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00146.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/DSC00151-1.jpg

Eyeliner is most of what I need really, and I absolutely don't tan

I think you look better without the tan makeup to be honest, your skin is lovely without it, and you don't need strong lipstick with strong eye makeup. Love the eyes though.

Blue I think you look the exact same in every photo ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Anniehoo I think you look lovely in all the photos, I love your make up in the middle pic and I love it just as much in the last pic (maybe a bit less tan but that's just me), I figured by your outfit that you were done up for fancy dress so it was a bit more dramatic than a person would usually wear.

I'd wear quite similar make up to you, focusing on the eyes, but sometimes dramatic lips and dramatic eyes work really well together, look at so much of Hollywood glam with red lips and black winged eyeliner.

Some people prefer a more minimalist plain look for every occasion, but if you can pull off the more dramatic style then I say go for it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

34zfyox.png

No makeup / Day wear / Night time

Blue I think you look the exact same in every photo ! :)

lol! I think I look mad different with proper eye makeup on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

bluewolf wrote: »
    lol! I think I look mad different with proper eye makeup on.
    Wow everyone's so naturally beautiful its amazing. Bluewolf you've great skin. Lia lia and Michellenman same with you, your nighttime makeup is fantastic though.Amazing eye definition.Lia lia what eyeshadow combos are you wearing?

It seems eyemakeup makes the biggest difference with us. I'd happily wear nothing at all except for mascara.

I hope this thread isn't a criticising one...more critiquing and complimenting. We buy all these products for "beauty" reasons so it's brill to see what everyone wears and why. Lovin everyone's pics!!!

I agree my fake tan was far too much in my last pic (i went OTT for Halloween) and never normally do as Bluewolf said "heavy eyes and lips", and actually probably won't do it again.I'm hoping this thread is a positive one and we can all get constructive feedback on what products we wear and why :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Don't want to put up photos but I think for me the difference is often the eye make up people wear, really brings things from a day to a night look.

I would never go on a night out without eyeliner and loads of mascara, would feel totally underdressed!

I like a little tan for a night out, but have never gotten a spray tan in my life, I just put a little Sally on or maybe Tantastic/Top Image, something light just to take the blueish whiteness away!

But my biggest bug bear about make up is: I think eyebrows are a totally neglected area with a lot of women- even if you get them plucked/waxed there's usually room for a little touch-up when you do your make-up. I have really fair eyebrows so wouldn't go anywhere without giving them a little colour. I just use a matte brown eyeshadow and put a little over my brows with a small angled brush. I used to use Benefit Browzings but it's pretty expensive. I got the tip about using the eyeshadow from a friend of mine who is a brilliant make-up artist. Definitely think that eyebrows give such a polished look- besides really opening up the eyes and face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Great thread, and I think Twee did well with her gentle "pre-modding", as I've seen other threads get quite bitchy with comments about how much make-up people think is "acceptable".

For me, personally, I've never come across anybody who didn't look better with *some* make-up on. It's all about making sure your look is suitable for whatever it is you're actually doing - as Michellenman said, I think I look best with my full-on face, but I wouldn't wear it to work in a fit.

Anyway, here's me:

Bare-faced (that's me in the black shorts)
    544987_10151194457982678_967597709_n.jpg

Daytime/everyday
    39082_480001902677_3912699_n.jpg

Full-on/nighttime
    2153_61716132677_6087_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Hi Michellenman - what make-up do you have on in the 'minimal' photo? Specifically what blusher if any? Thanks

It's only Natural Collection Pink Cloud. And several glasses of cocktails :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Oh this is a good thread. I'm one of those people who always prefers women without make up. Monday-Friday you couldn't pay me to wear make up. I very rarely wear it at weekends unless I have plans. Make up wrecks the inside cushions of my helmet so I tend to keep it as minimal as possible if I am wearing any.

Night:

2012-11-02194707.jpg

I'd very very rarely wear more make up than that. I don't like wearing a lot of colour on my eyes, only do so occasionally.

Day:

2012-06-30103430.jpg

The only real difference between my "night-time" make up and "day-time" make up is that during the day I just use bareminerals foundation for very minimal cover and at night I use Lancome Teint Miracle, Lancome Softening Concealer and Lancome loose powder.

Nothing:

SL370562.jpg

Not a great pic but it's funny how few pictures I take of myself with no make-up on :P (I look like I'm falling asleep or half-asleep lol!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ladies, can I just say, you are all so beautiful, with or without the make up!

I admire all your bravery to post. Im too old and ugly ;) (not really, well maybe too old lol, but more dont want to blow internet anonymity)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

anniehoo wrote: »
    .Lia lia what eyeshadow combos are you wearing?

I have no idea. A make up artist did that :P

Advertisement