Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Banana Connecters in Limerick?

• 29-10-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya Limerick!
    I need to buy some new banana connectors for my AV amp and I'm wondering does anyone know where I might lay my hands on them around town?
    Apart from bloody Maplins and their rip off prices(€2.49 is their cheapest for just 1....I need 14) which considering I can buy 20 for €7 online shows just how extortinate the price there is!

I'd like to buy local but not get fleeced :)
    So anyone any ideas? Savins? FSV? and any idea on price will be much appreciated too.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

use them on both my power amps and you;re better off just getting online, farnell i think i got mine at, limerick and ireland in general not great for picking up this kind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

joe Mckenna in parnel st might have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

mossym wrote: »
    use them on both my power amps and you;re better off just getting online, farnell i think i got mine at, limerick and ireland in general not great for picking up this kind of stuff

I moved my Amp recently and its just too awkward in the new location to get at the speaker binder posts :(
    And it makes it very fiddly to troubleshoot phase inversion if I cable up the terminals wrong way round too.
    Savins and FSV only supply the solder on type but both offered to order them for me, top class service in both spots in fairness.
    Just a pity they didn't stock what I need.
    Beaver1 wrote: »
    joe Mckenna in parnel st might have them

Thanks for the suggestion, but nope no joy there either. I just ordered some online got 20 including delivery for €9.90.

Advertisement