Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Article from The Journal "11 things nobody tells you about giving birth" Hilarious

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

due in 6 weeks, hilarious and slightly terrifying all at the same time! Great website as well :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

:D she doesn't mention how dupholac will be your best friend afterwards..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm just amazed by the thong while in labour to be honest... Even the thoughts of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

cyning wrote: »
    I'm just amazed by the thong while in labour to be honest... Even the thoughts of it!
    I know it's gas! And the fact that the same thong ended up back into the hospital again! So funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Ginny wrote: »
    :D she doesn't mention how dupholac will be your best friend afterwards..:D

whats dupholac? A laxative? I'm planning on defintely have a few of those with me because I hear going to the bathroom after the baby is WORSE than having the baby itself! lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Am I the only one who doesn't like this article??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Aw really, I really enjoyed reading! (Obviously :))

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hobbitfeet wrote: »

No, I am sort of with you there too.
    I found it vaguely amusing and that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What do you not like about it Hobbitfeet?

I thought it was light hearted and very true to life!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

cyning wrote: »
    I think I had one on when I was induced, although I was induced after going on for a routine appointment, so I wasn't prepared!
    Rachineire wrote: »
    whats dupholac? A laxative? I'm planning on defintely have a few of those with me because I hear going to the bathroom after the baby is WORSE than having the baby itself! lol
    Yeah is a laxative, they should give it to you in the hospital, ask for it if they not on the routine pain med rounds. Tbh I was fine in the end, the fear is worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Ginny wrote: »
    Yeah is a laxative, they should give it to you in the hospital, ask for it if they not on the routine pain med rounds. Tbh I was fine in the end, the fear is worse!

In my case it wasn't! :o I will definitely bring some of that stuff in my hospital bag if there is a next time.

This article is just a rehash of things I have read on numerous forums and books (apart from the thong bit, that's a new one!) and it's not that funny IMO
    '

Advertisement