Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending luggage to Oz

Options
  • 29-10-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hey.

Sorry if this has been asked before....I'm heading to Oz next year, but plan on travelling for 6 months before.

So as you can imagine, I'll be travelling light. When I get to Oz and settle down I was hoping to get someone to send a suitcase with some work clothes, sports gear, etc over to me. Is it possible to send luggage over on a flight without a ticket?

Anyone done this before?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

2 years ago I sent a box with approx 40Kg of clothes and other stuff before I went travelling. Sent it with www.transglobal.org.uk.

Cost approx 120 pounds sterling and it was shipped air freight and took about a week from being picked up in Derry to it arrived in Customs in Melbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

An Post would be my first port of call. Had several boxes sent over the last couple of years with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

You can send a 20kg box for 60euro through An Post.

Advertisement