Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brush sets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Boots have 3 for 2 on the Real Techniques brushes at the moment - the Eco Tools brushes they sell are also really good. I'd probably go for either of these options rather than choosing something random online.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JessicaClare

Sigma brushes are just as good asthe MAC ones and are pretty reasonably priced..

http://www.sigmabeauty.com/category_s/48.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Just wanted to ask about the sigma, are the travel kits good? Usually I find that the travel sizes usually have lower quality.

Another brand to try might be Blank Canvas Cosmetics: review here:
    http://www.emeraldeyeliner.com/2012/10/blank-canvas-cosmetics-f20-flat-top.html

Its an Irish brand. Have only seen reviews done by bloggers who were sent something free but the face kit with three brushes looks nice and is much cheaper than the Sigma one. Am thinking of getting it.

I have a full set of Sigma but would like something for contouring.

Some of the Elf Studio brushes are great as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I wouldn't be mad on the ones you've picked from amazon - W7 is generally a pretty cheap brand (in quality as well as price) and I've never heard of the other ones.

I find the Real Techniques brushes great but the boots prices are crazy. I got mine from iherb.com as well as a few EcoTools ones, I got the retractable kabuki for €5 and it's like €18 in Boots!!! Delivery is really cheap too - I think I paid $4.

Sigma is good but I still find them a bit expensive for my budget - I did get one of the travel kits and they're nice but not €60 nice!

I’ve also heard Blank Canvas Cosmetics are good Sigma dupes but I haven't used them myself.

I'd go with Real Techniques if I was buying again and you'd be amazed the difference a decent (not necessarily expensive) brushes can make!

• Advertisement

the prices are brilliant on that Iherb site Orlee - thanks for that!

Just bought the core set, the travel set and the stippling brush for €36 - and got free shipping since my order was over $45. Seriously cheap compared to boots.

Edit x 2: since it was my first time buying off the site I got another $5 off - happy days! thanks Orlee

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dr.meow

Thank you all so much for your replys. Tbh I'm not too mad on the previous links I posted

I think real techniques is the best option for me. I've always liked them in boots but they are just too expensive to buy. iherb.com looks amazing, thanks a million for the link Orlee.

Black Canvas, Sigma and mac are all a little out of my price range I'm afraid but thanks for all the suggestions!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

no bother guys ... it was actually pixiwoo of real techniques that recommended the site for international buyers! It makes me sick how boots charges so much ...

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Re: Blank Canvas Cosmetics brushes - I've used them and love them. I actually prefer them to my Sigma brushes! I've reviewed them and wasn't sent them to review. Actually got them through a Pigsback deal about this time last year.

Sineady Cady (The Makeup Chair) is an affiliate with them I think and apparently if you use SINEAD at the checkout it gives you 10% off. Might be useful to someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Hi guys,

Just in case you're about to order, you might like to get a bit of discount. I believe it's 10 dollars off orders over 40 dollars and 5 off anything below that. Just use my referal code CFK776

I've only started using the site, but I've had great experience so far. My order arrived in Dublin just over a day later. It took longer for my package to go from the DHL warehouse in Dublin to my address than it did to travel from the other side of the planet...

• Advertisement

Hi Vard, is that referal code in relation to iherb.com or blank canvas?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

dr.meow wrote: »
    Hi Vard, is that referal code in relation to iherb.com or black canvas?

Sorry! Should have mentioned, it's iherb.com

Thanks a million, you're a star!

Advertisement