Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London anime/manga shops?

• 29-10-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Hope no-one minds me popping this up.

Headin to London omn Wednesday and wondered has any-one been to AdaNami shobo on Brewer St? Is it a bad area it's in or are there better placed second hand manga shops? Looking for old and new manga books and some art books.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

did you find any while over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Not sure if they sell books but there is an anime related shop in the Trocadero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

i've read this article before, i think this part of the article can help you..

"To keep things simple, we've kept the list down the area of Central London. Mainly between the areas around Oxford Circus, Tottenham Court Road, Covent Garden, Shaftesbury Avenue, Leicester Square, and Piccadilly Circus. Once you've got to Central London it's possible to walk around the area and visit all the shops in this guide on foot."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Sorry it took so long to get back.

Checked out the Adanami Shop on Brewer St. It's still under the old cleaner signage. Nice wee shop, but all I seen where in Japanese, no english titles. Alot in there though, packed to the ceiling. Safe to get to unlike an article I read saying it was down a quiet dark street. It's opened up alot and becoming an expensive to shop wee street.

Didn't get time to check out other places, disadvantage of being with family. Was hoping to get to trocadero.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did you get anything cool while over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

No unfortunately not, though I did pick up a bargain with Battle Royale off a seller on adverts a few weeks back ;) So I'm happy enough. Got some Hellsing for the other half for Xmas too.

I like a good bargain me :)

Advertisement