Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rocky Road to Marseille

• 30-10-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi there,

So I ran the Limerick Marathon in 2011, with a crap time (over 5h) coz I managed to pick up a vomiting bug 3 days before it. Running has gone on the back burner since then, but I do an awful lot of cycling, so I don't think my fitness is that incredibly low.

I'm working as an English Assistant in a secondary school in Marseille for the year, which means I get to fill my time as I only work 12 hours a week, and I feel that I want to take on the challenge of doing another marathon, as I was so disappointed as to how the last one turned out. While training for the last one, I loved how my mind just focused, how determinded I was, and with that in mind, I've just signed up and paid for the Marseille Marathon. It's on March 24th, which gives me 21 weeks and 5 days to train.

As I'm away unitl then, starting next Tues I'm going to follow the first 2 weeks of Hal Higedon Novice 1, and then seeing how that goes, hopefully starting Hal Higedon Novice 2 in my week 3 for the full 18 weeks, to end up running a 4h-4h30 marathon. Doable?

I'm going to keep this log as a way to motivate myself, coz other than a friend following a similar programme in Ireland, I'm going to be doing it alone!

So, for now, I'll just keep in mind that medal in my hand, in the Vieux Port on March 24th.... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Doug89

So I've been slow getting off the mark...a 7km and a few 5kms done in the last few days, not feeling too bad!

Back to school on Monday so back into a routine should help no end!

Advertisement