Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account

Options
  • 30-10-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. I need to close my account. I've subscribed for a year. Is there a way I can use the subscription with another account?
    Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

There's no Admin around this time of night Teddy, there all down the pub drinking your subscription money :p

Don't close your account you numpty - how will we all know it's you then?

You'll regret it, end up like OutlawPete, walking the streets mumbling to strangers about thanks counts, friend lists and how false accusations ruined it all.

Keep the moniker, it's a good 'un - like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

There's no Admin around this time of night Teddy, there all down the pub drinking your subscription money :p

Don't close your account you numpty - how will we all know it's you then?

You'll regret it, end up like OutlawPete, walking the streets mumbling to strangers about thanks counts, friend lists and how false accusations ruined it all.

Keep the moniker, it's a good 'un - like yourself.
    Lol -Thank you very much:):o Call me a bollocks, I feel more comfortable.
    I don't really want to close it more like being forced into a situation where I should though. I have a very bad feeling.
    I can't transfer anyway though it seems so there's nothing I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

I don't really want to close it more like being forced into a situation where I should though. I have a very bad feeling.
    I can't transfer anyway though it seems so there's nothing I can do.

Have you spoken with a member of Admin privately about this, Teddy?

If not, I'd suggest maybe PM'ing whichever one of them that you think you'd feel most comfortable talking to and explain to them why you feel the way you do.

• Advertisement

Have you spoken with a member of Admin privately about this, Teddy?

If not, I'd suggest maybe PM'ing whichever one of them that you think you'd feel most comfortable talking to and explain to them why you feel the way you do.
    That might be an idea, thank you.
    Maybe if an admin reads this they could PM me.
    I can't think of them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If you aren't that long into your subscription and you ask nicely, something might be done.

I've made a tit of myself at times throughout my near 30,000 very odd posts, still wouldn't close my account though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Name change, maybe?

I know it's still "your" account-but an option, nonetheless.

Closing an account is rather final, and it may not be warranted. Close in haste, repent at leisure. Or something:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Don't close your account, Teddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Don't close your account, Teddy.

+1.

I love you too much :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hi. I need to close my account. I've subscribed for a year. Is there a way I can use the subscription with another account?
    Thanks.

Why not request a name change in the Subscribers forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Beruthiel wrote: »

Why not request a name change in the Subscribers forum?
    And then change back again next month! :D

Change it to NotTeddyTedson.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Stop attention seeking and close it before someone posts your attempt to mooch back your subscription in the stinge thread.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Stop attention seeking and close it before someone posts your attempt to mooch back your subscription in the stinge thread.
    Grr, that's an annoying post.
    I'm not attention seeking, although now it looks as I am because I'm bothering to reply to you in my defense :rolleyes:
    But I did state that I was looking to open a new account, not leave boards which doesn't really make much logic if I was attention seeking. I don't think so anyway.
    Also the fact that I'm mostly anonymous, which is something I'd like to retain.

Anyway!
    I've contacted an admin now so hopefully I'll hear back soon :)
    Thanks for the replies (especially the nice ones :D ) *Borat Voice* Ayy Liike Yoooou!
    I'm not leaving boards, I just think my account has been compromised (that sounds dramatic doesn't it).

If someone logs into my account what information can they access. Would my paypal account be accessible for instance seeing as I probably used it to subscribe.

It's a complicated situation that's too long and uninteresting really for me to get into again, (I've bored an admin the details) but there's been a security breach on my end of things :(

I also don't want mr.thief knowing my boards account username regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You do know that you can change your password, right?

MugMugs wrote: »
    You do know that you can change your password, right?
    Yea:p But I've lost email accounts and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Teddy,

Drop an email to hello@, if you can't regain access to email accounts etc we'll do our best to help you out.

Nicola

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Teddy,
    I will leave this with Nicola as I will not be on Boards for most of the month of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Teddy,
    I will leave this with Nicola as I will not be on Boards for most of the month of November.

Well thats not good enough for us. We expect more notice!
    Have you filled out a holiday request form? Year trip to the Blue Num winery time again?

Teddy, change your name. Delete a few thousand posts. Stay out of AH for a while. No one will notice the Teddy is the new guy

• Advertisement

Rabies wrote: »
    Well thats not good enough for us. We expect more notice!
    Have you filled out a holiday request form? Year trip to the Blue Num winery time again?

Teddy, change your name. Delete a few thousand posts. Stay out of AH for a while. No one will notice the Teddy is the new guy
    Nothing to do with any of my posts, grr :p

I haven't heard anything back? :confused:

Advertisement