Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

eugeneious wrote: »
    De Guzman and Britton are very good picks picks at this stage. Anyone surprised at some of the legends picked/not picked? I'm a little surprised Ali Dia and maybe Duncan Ferguson weren't picked.

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Be unfair to include Pires as other players who may have wanted him, decided not to as he isn't eligible.

Exactly, if the likes of Pires were to be allowed, that type of exception would have to be clarified before the round began, or even before the draft began because a lot of posters shape their team based on what legend they were planning on picking.

In my experience, making exceptions like this contrary to the stated rules in the middle of these things serves to piss off more people than it satisfies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Delboy, do you mind if I say I hate you? D:

I really wanted Britton. ):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Keane, Viera or Makelele.
    Any of those three and I was delighted with myself.
    Damn you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Sorry about the mix up, made the pick and then ran out the door to work, only home now and had no net connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Ugh, I know i messed up with the pick but do i still not have 12 hours to make the correct one if its not eligible? was going to pick Schmeichel instead then. ugh, ill sort something out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Was thinking of going for Paul Ince for a while in last round.

Also think Kanchelskias would have been a great wide pick taking his peak form from 94-96 when he was best winger in country.

Thought Le Tissier would have been taken also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I nearly went with Le Tiss but he didn't fit my system. Plus his laziness would have been pounced upon straightaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ah ffs sake was banking on heitinga this round he fitted my system perfect! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nearly took McManaman in the legends round, wanted to sort out my keeper though before the last round and this was the opportunity to get the best.

Petit, Desailly, Irwin, Ginola, Ian Wright and Hasselbaink off the top of my head would have all been acceptable picks alongside the others already mentioned.

Just a reminder for the current round, you cannot pick a player from the same club as your round 7 pick (the round just before the legends round).

Lallana is a good pick at this stage

Heitinga was my CB pick... :(

G.K. wrote: »
    Heitinga was my CB pick... :(

I would have got him 1st so dont be too disappointed

• Advertisement

ah fcuk there goes coleman aswell this draft has been a nightmare for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

looks like my pick will be via proxy (pm sent) again this time, gonna take a risk and wait another rd before getting my GK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Seb larsson is a good pick actually

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Just realized i put my pick in the wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Abou Diaby is a good pick. Its was between him and Faurlin. Went with Faurlin because I think people will pick on Diaby being out injured the whole time when it comes to the games

• Advertisement

Sssake, Diaby was who I had pegged for this round, taken from right under my nose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmmmm can't say I agree that Schneiderlin is "certainly worthy of a place in any EPL team".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Abou Diaby is a good pick. Its was between him and Faurlin. Went with Faurlin because I think people will pick on Diaby being out injured the whole time when it comes to the games
    Yep, its just too much of an issue for me. I considered him but just no way I could put him in a team given his injury history. 18 starts over the last two and a half seasons is just too bad. It has to take away hugely from his current ability imo.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmmm can't say I agree that Schneiderlin is "certainly worthy of a place in any EPL team".

He would have been in mine if he'd made it back around though :(

Xavi6 wrote: »

Very underrated.
    I'm not saying he's the best in the league as there are a few better and many a similar standard but he could certainly be backup in any top team IMO.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Very underrated.
    I'm not saying he's the best in the league as there are a few better and many a similar standard but he could certainly be backup in any top team IMO.

ahh im sure it was just the direct quote that Xavi couldnt agree with, wouldnt myself either to be honest as there are several teams he wouldnt get in imo but as you say he wouldnt be out of place as backup for most teams and is a good player.

heres and interesting question. Evra went later than I expected in this draft, so much so that I considerd drafting him in more than 1 rd. How much would it have affected how people would have rated my side if I had picked him considering I already had Suarez?

Made my pick last night when I was drunk, Tom Huddlestone...

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

tom huddlestone is a quality pick for this round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

benteke and larsson are two quality picks

Sorry I've taken so long, been ill in bed all day

• Advertisement

hugo lloris, brilliant pick.

event wrote: »
    hugo lloris, brilliant pick.

yup, he woulda been my top GK choice from what was left also even if he doesent play every game for Spurs yet. I fear a run of GK picks now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

There's better left backs left than Buttner .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Jax Teller wrote: »
    There's better left backs left than Buttner .

Meh i like him, and thats a rarity for me to like any united player.

one thing about your middle 3, they wont be bullied.
    they will kick the shít out of most midfields

event wrote: »
    one thing about your middle 3, they wont be bullied.
    they will kick the shít out of most midfields

That may be, but I believe that there should have been either Keane or Parker, not both. As it stands, there is a lack of creativity in there in my view, which wouldn't be as bad but, he is also incredibly narrow with two out and out strikers so far and just one more attacking pick.

Also think the Buttner pick is an extremely poor one considering there are still other LB's available and considering Buttner has had 1 PL appearance and is still an unknown quantity (and judging from his performance against Chelsea in CC, he won't be getting many more PL games this season)

That may be, but I believe that there should have been either Keane or Parker, not both. As it stands, there is a lack of creativity in there in my view, which wouldn't be as bad but, he is also incredibly narrow with two out and out strikers so far and just one more attacking pick.

Also think the Buttner pick is an extremely poor one considering there are still other LB's available and considering Buttner has had 1 PL appearance and is still an unknown quantity (and judging from his performance against Chelsea in CC, he won't be getting many more PL games this season)

Lambert is not an out and out striker like defoe, you can see that in his play if you have watched him before. He helps alot in the build up. With keane and parker it gives fellaini the freedom to roam up the pitch and do what he does best along with providing cover to the defense. Regards to buttner i only really picked him on the basis that i liked him as a player. He done well against wigan and braga when he played when i seen him play and i took a shine to him.

ASOT wrote: »
    Lambert is not an out and out striker like defoe, you can see that in his play if you have watched him before. He helps alot in the build up. With keane and parker it gives fellaini the freedom to roam up the pitch and do what he does best along with providing cover to the defense. Regards to buttner i only really picked him on the basis that i liked him as a player. He done well against wigan and braga when he played when i seen him play and i took a shine to him.

I don't know what Lambert you expect me to have seen, but the guy has only ever started up front since I first came upon him with Bristol Rovers. Don't know why you would pick him if you weren't going to have him as a striker considering his goal record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

ASOT wrote: »

No he didn't he was at fault for both of Braga's goals in that game . He's decent going forward but poor defending imo . He was taken off against Chelsea in League Cup at half-time as he was so bad .

• Advertisement

I don't know what Lambert you expect me to have seen, but the guy has only ever started up front since I first came upon him with Bristol Rovers. Don't know why you would pick him if you weren't going to have him as a striker considering his goal record.

You have completely missed my point. What i was saying is he offers an awful lot more up from that just goalscoring as opposed to defoe who would just be there to stick the ball in the net.

I smell a keeper blitz ...

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Always gonna happen about now. The guys at the bottom of order can't afford to wait till the bottom of the 11th round to get a goalie. The difference in quality of goalie's in big as well. Best to snap them up early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

De Gea is a cracking keeper pick to take in this round, considering how long ago Joe Hart went!!(way too early)

Completely disagree about Defoe.

Also -
    penultimatedraft.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

As an outside observer Enrique is an excellent pick for this late in the draft, especially just after Buttner was picked?

Proven prem form vs a player with less than a handful of appearances...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Liam O has a nice team going on there.

Only realised Sessegnon hadn't been picked there a few picks ago, knew I was delusional that he'd get back to me :( Watch as my other choice goes out the window in the next few picks...

Bloody hell, I'm the one doing the speadsheet and now I notice that Xavi picked Osman in Round 7. Been planning my last few picks on the basis I'd get him... Aagh....

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Delighted to have gotten Friedel at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

GK, your colour scheme is a bit off there, Jack Rodwell plays for Man City now not Everton.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement