Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

eagle eye wrote: »
    GK, your colour scheme is a bit off there, Jack Rodwell plays for Man City now not Everton.;)

Blast, knew I'd not get through it all without making a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Liam O wrote: »
    Only realised Sessegnon hadn't been picked there a few picks ago, knew I was delusional that he'd get back to me :( Watch as my other choice goes out the window in the next few picks...

I had to look over a few times to make sure, defo adds the creative spark i was missing so im happy enough to get him this late!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

But Sessegnon has been awful this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Happy to get Tim Howard at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Everyone going for goalkeepers now wonder will there be any left for me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Damn. Was praying I'd get Mignolet.

Also - Jose Enrique played left midfield vs Chelsea.

Also have no idea why people are so enthusiastic about getting seriously out of form players e.g Sessegnon.

LWB, if we're being picky.

But, Delboy, now you know how I feel when you nick all my players. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

G.K. wrote: »
    LWB, if we're being picky.

But, Delboy, now you know how I feel when you nick all my players. :P

No he played left wing in the second half .
    They went 4 at the back Johnson Agger Carragher Wisdom

Szczesny is good. Thought he went earlier for some reason

Pace has dropped off a bit the last few days. So close to finishing my team as well

• Advertisement

My fault on Wednesday, I'll hold my hands up.

11draft.png

This pick is definitely the hardest by far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The first fully drafted team has been completed and I must say Liam O's team is looking very strong. Although 2 of his last 3 picks are CMs I still wouldnt say there is any weak position. RVP leading the line and argueably the best GK behind his defense and very little weaknesses elsewhere he would have to be a strong favourite and might only be undone tactically i.e maybe a team with a strong CB pairing and set of wingers who could take advantage of Maicon & Evra (2 very good picks for when they went) more attacking nature could expose him.

The first fully drafted team has been completed and I must say Liam O's team is looking very strong. Although 2 of his last 3 picks are CMs I still wouldnt say there is any weak position. RVP leading the line and argueably the best GK behind his defense and very little weaknesses elsewhere he would have to be a strong favourite and might only be undone tactically i.e maybe a team with a strong CB pairing and set of wingers who could take advantage of Maicon & Evra (2 very good picks for when they went) more attacking nature could expose him.

To be honest I disagree.

Schmeichel is the best.

I think the back four is defensively suspect - especially the full backs Evra ( who has been in poor form for over 2 years, despite perking up a small bit recently ) and Maicon ( who has barely played for Man City and has fallen quite far from where he once was. He actually looked out on his feet at times yesterday ). M'Bia is part of a defense leaking goals at the bottom of the league and while I rate Kos, he needs a capable partner beside him.

In midfield, there is a serious lack of width. De Guzman has looked good but Diarra is the definition of average in my opinion. Fulham have actually looked better with Chris Baird in the centre.

Sahin has been poor since arriving in the PL and was a bad pick at that stage. Surely we aren't judging him on the basis of form in 2010-2011 and previously with Dortmund. Gerrard hasn't been great this season either - he clashes with Rodgers style of play (IMO) and his positioning on the right will lead him to cut inside quite a bit. I think both him and Dempsey (who has been poor this season and was shocking v Arsenal ) will have a tendancy to drift inside, congesting the middle.

Up front RVP is RVP.

I personally would be more worried about other teams.

Edit - Reiterating that this is just my opinion.

2nd Edit - Just recalled M'Bia's sending off v Arsenal, after which they got the winner. A bad pick in my opinion.

I personally would be more worried about other teams.

all solid points and tbh he wouldnt be my favourite atm although he would be a favourite imo. I actually really like the look of Yurt's team (which actually is one that would cause Liam O's FBs a hell of a lot of problems. There is one guy left undrafted that id love to see him get to finish off his (Yurt)team.

now that your team is finished have your a preferd formation/tactic in mind for em?

all solid points and tbh he wouldnt be my favourite atm although he would be a favourite imo. I actually really like the look of Yurt's team (which actually is one that would cause Liam O's FBs a hell of a lot of problems. There is one guy left undrafted that id love to see him get to finish off his (Yurt)team.

now that your team is finished have your a preferd formation/tactic in mind for em?

Yurt's is good enough, but something that I don't like is that he has 4 players who are long term injury casualties and that surely has to count for something.

I'm currently thinking on a system - I was quite torn about the last pick because I left a good player on the board because I would have had to play him out of position or sacrifice the balance of my team to accomodate him. I assumed he had been taken previously.

Yurt's is good enough, but something that I don't like is that he has 4 players who are long term injury casualties and that surely has to count for something.

Again some good points, dare I ask... what about that Bounty Hunter guy's side. I hear he has the man City want to buy for 50billion Suarez and he has got God (McGrath) on his side :pac:

Im really unsure on your side tbh, I've a feeling they could both win and lose against most teams in this draft but perhaps thats cos I havent seen enough of some of your players recently like Mulumbu, Olsson & Mirallas. As we were talking about FBs I think youve one of the strongest combos in the draft there and Kilnsmann and Mata are obviously a real threat in attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Some very good teams in there and with the nature of a draft each team has a weakness so the draw will play a huge part. First draft and it's been good fun, certainly learn a good bit about it.

• Advertisement

So i finished my team :)

Am pondering 2 formations really

Capture11-1.png
    or
    Capture22.png

Suppose i could use both depending on the opposition .

Some very good teams in there and with the nature of a draft each team has a weakness so the draw will play a huge part. First draft and it's been good fun, certainly learn a good bit about it.

Yeah iv learned a good bit, my picks will be alot better next time around. I think i have the weakest team overall.

Alright lads this is my team in full. Opinions? Be gentle :)

abDKDGXa5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

I'm liking the look of your midfield Faurlin was a great pick.What website did you use to make your tactics.

Defense is definitely the weakest part, especially the right side. Lennon won't offer much protection and Coleman isn't great defensively either. Not sure Cabeye is good enough defensively to cover that side either. Very good attacking wise though and it's a solid team for playing on the counter as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Yurt wrote: »
    I'm liking the look of your midfield Faurlin was a great pick.What website did you use to make your tactics.

Is says it on it. this11.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I was hoping to get Foster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

going forward its a very good team. pace on the wing with lennon, cleverness with podolski on the other. Cole will rack up goals and with rooney in behind, you offer a serious goal threat IMO. Cabaye potentially pulling strings too.
    Full backs arent great but the two CB's are solid enough

Yeah I knew the defence wasn't great but I'm hoping to have enough going forward to get through a round or two

Eathrin wrote: »
    I was hoping to get Foster!

as was I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Final pick made and I think my teams looks pretty good.

abDKKbSagk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Liam O: 308 min

SirDelboy18: 800 min

Trippie (average): 1297/8*11 = 1783 min

Jax Teller: 437 min

Incognito Man: 1146 min

They are the times I calculated so far. If you feel there's been a mistake let me know.

what we looking at 20/21 days from start to finish of the picks. not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Have to say Hoolahan is a very good pick in the last round. Really has impressed me for Norwich this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Blatter wrote: »

Jax Teller: 1137 min

They are the times I calculated so far. If you feel there's been a mistake let me know.

might not make a difference but I think mine should be doubled as I was able to make a pick with no waiting time.

Liam O wrote: »
    might not make a difference but I think mine should be doubled as I was able to make a pick with no waiting time.

The 2nd and 2nd last pickers also have advantages in comparison to the posters in the middle. Do we double their times too, where is the line drawn?

I think it's just best to leave it as it is. It's obviously not perfect but luck of the draw and all that.

looking at the teams completed so far, seems a few may be playing similar formations (for example EE's above is like mine) but this is mine after Ali Al Habsi completes my picks

abDKSVWan6.jpg

Blatter wrote: »

Jax Teller: 1137 min

I only took 437 mins

I think you are getting confused between the 3rd pick which Baz wasn't around for i had to wait till 17.57 for it to come to me and i picked at 18.21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I liked Bounty Hunters team until I seen Luiz... Looks like Big Paul gonna have a lot of work to do, Al Habsi is a great shot stopper so I expect him to be busy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Right, my team is complete now. Plenty of leeway in terms of flexibility of positions but for the time being this is my line up:

abDKXbPav.jpg

And here's mine -

Myteam.png

• Advertisement

My complete team:
    abDKYalabd.jpg
    Small bit of leeway with attacking and defending midfield options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

abDK0olanJ.jpg

I calculate my time at 516mins +20(I took to edit a dud pick).

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

My final team! Any thoughts lads?

abDK5qKagm.jpg

Finished XI

abDK5uZait.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

My final team;

abDK5x4ag2.jpg

abDLjk7aI.jpg

Theres mine, learned alot this draft! Dont expect to make it very far but it was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

have to say eugeneious team is qualington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

while eugenious' back 8 is impressive, just remember Vidic and Ferdinand are not the Vidic and Ferdinand of 2/3 years ago.

Vieira and Ramires is one scary-ass midfield though. Carrick would get all the room in the world to pick his passes. without that protection, Carrick would've been meh. he could actually thrive in that formation.

• Advertisement

abDLkBkanC.jpg

Advertisement