Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Blatter wrote: »
    Liam O: 308 min

SirDelboy18: 800 min

Trippie (average): 1297/8*11 = 1783 min

Jax Teller: 437 min

Incognito Man: 1146 min

They are the times I calculated so far. If you feel there's been a mistake let me know.

I'm fairly sure (had to recheck to make sure I was right about the 1am clock stop) my time comes up to 865m
    Liam O wrote: »
    might not make a difference but I think mine should be doubled as I was able to make a pick with no waiting time.

There is an obvious benefit timewise to having your picks together but where would you draw the line as that benefit albeit to a lesser extent would also apply to the 20th, 2nd/19th picks too. I dont like the idea of the eliminations now but it was agreed in the beginning so should be done and imo did help this be a very fast draft... either way I dont think you would lose out even if your time was doubled and nobody elses was.

bullvine wrote: »
    I liked Bounty Hunters team until I seen Luiz... Looks like Big Paul gonna have a lot of work to do, Al Habsi is a great shot stopper so I expect him to be busy..

Personally I feel Luiz gets an awful lot more stick than he deserves and on his good days he is good enough to command a place in any team in this draft. Yes on his off days he makes an occasional error which could be punished considering the level of opponents in the draft but with his Chelsea RB on one side and Paul McGrath on the other plus the additional support of defensive minded midfielders like Tiote and Rodwell he should be fine and my side should be defensively sound while Scholes, Ruiz, Dzeko & Suarez cause the opponents defense nightmares of their own.

abDKSVWan6.jpg

Were almost finished drafting now!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

abDKPuCaz.jpg

Thats my team

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

abDLoJoais.jpg

This is my team. Criticism/Reviews welcome.

I also guess we're done. Looks like Arethra is singing too.

aretha1.jpg

Yurt wrote: »
    Thats my team

probably would have been too attacking but the guy I had in mind (who considering his recent form im surprised he wasnt picked at all) for your last pick was Giroud.

would have left you with

..................Giroud

Bale...........Cantona.....Walcott

.............Lucas.....Diaby

Clichy..Shawcross..Kaboul..Kelly

..................Howard

your probably better off the way you went but still thought Giroud was worth a place on some team. Arsenals Ramsey, Jenkinson & Arshavin wouldnt have been too much of a surprise either if picked by someone.
    Ares wrote: »
    abDLoJoais.jpg

This is my team. Criticism/Reviews welcome.

Well considering how all the other teams have lined up, I think you will struggle with De Gea playing the lone striker role and Shearer will be up against it between the sticks :pac:

Otherwise tis a strong side with no glaring weaknesses to target although I'm saying that having not seen enough of Nastastic to know if perhaps he could be the one chink in your armour. Relatively inexperienced but would def be tested against the attacking forces that have been drafted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Cantona wasn't your typical number 9 was he ? i had him down more as a more number 10

• Advertisement

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Cantona wasn't your typical number 9 was he ? i had him down more as a more number 10

thats why I was thinking maybe a more natural no.9 like Giroud could work but with Bale & Walcott already I can understand going for an attacking mid instead although it would make cantona's job more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Yeah he was never a no.9, played almost as deep as an attacking midfield role.

Unpicked squad

................Giroud

Marin........Ramsey.....Agbonlahor

..........Romeu....Cattermole

Santos...Dawson...Vlaar..Jenkinson

.................Gomes

Subs: Green/Given, N.Clyne, K.Toure, Henderson, Arshavin, Hoilett, Bent

im sure there are loads more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

your probably better off the way you went but still thought Giroud was worth a place on some team. Arsenals Ramsey, Jenkinson & Arshavin wouldnt have been too much of a surprise either if picked by someone.

Was going to take Jenkinso in the last round but decided to go for someone with a bit more experience. Also surprised with Giroud although since most are playing with one striker there was enough to go around.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Really surprised Hoilett didn't get picked.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah he was never a no.9, played almost as deep as an attacking midfield role.

In my opinion he's the perfect player to play the false 9 role in my team as Bounty Hunter pointed out it is quite an attacking team.

In my opinion he's the perfect player to play the false 9 role in my team as Bounty Hunter pointed out it is quite an attacking team.

Think Taarabt would end up getting in his way .

eugeneious wrote: »
    Really surprised Hoilett didn't get picked.
    He hasn't really played well this year. Even last year despite some highlight reel moments he was not great.

He hasn't really played well this year. Even last year despite some highlight reel moments he was not great.

Fair enough, I'll trust your judgement as you'll have seen more of him then me. Anyway 19 decent looking sides imo although having done the last Premier League draft I think the quality over the last year or so in the league has definitely declined, more so in the bottom half of the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Shocked Shane Long didn't get picked up. Would have taken him myself only he would have distorted my formation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Will tot up the rest of the times tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

was going to go for Darren Fletcher as my last pick but wanted someone who'd played more and Diarra is potentially great if given a run of games which he hasn't got in a long while but doing well at Fulham.

Overlooked Romeu though who I had earmarked but forgot about when picking time came.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Have to say I'm surprised Jenkinson slipped through the draft. Thought he would've made a good value late pick.

Ramsey is another I didn't even think of but should've been good enough to get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Bent (and Benteke actually) is one I was thinking of before the legends pick. I could have gone bent up top and a legend midfielder but I thought it would be too easy for people to pick on that as a weak point in my team (Bents lack of gametime this year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Loads of players who would have been perfectly acceptable picks in the last rounds left and some who'd have been great earlier (Giroud).

Also, have this:

voiladraft.png

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Have to say I'm surprised Jenkinson slipped through the draft. Thought he would've made a good value late pick.

I was afraid people would jump on the fact he has only played in so many games at the highest level. On form this season he'd definitely be good value though.

Having Giroud lead the line would have been a poor choice for anybody at any stage.The good strikers tend to go quick and with a lot of people opting to only play one up front i can see exactly why he wasn't picked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Giroud would have been fine leading the line I think. Id pick him above lambert, fletcher etc

Having Giroud lead the line would have been a poor choice for anybody at any stage.The good strikers tend to go quick and with a lot of people opting to only play one up front i can see exactly why he wasn't picked.

Don't see why you think that? Since he settled he's been as good as anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

My attempt at Leftovers XI

Ruddy

Shorey A. Williams Hughes Jenkinson

P. Neville Petit

Kightly Walters Abongalhor

Kone

abDLt6rag7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lescott left over as well, as worthy a mention as the likes of Dawson.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lescott left over as well, as worthy a mention as the likes of Dawson.

Picked by Jax in round 4.

Liam O: 308 min

SirDelboy18: 800 min

Trippie (average): 1297/8*11 = 1783

Jax Teller: 437 min

Incognito Man: 1146 min

eagle eye: 1953 min

redzerdrog: 1699 min

Bounty Hunter: 865 min

Xavi6: 1009 min

Yurt: 1169 min

Fuzzy_Dunlop: 774 min

Eathrin: 514 min

Blatter: 396 min

eugeneious: 1785 min

G.K: 857 min

Ix Deadmau5: 929 min

ASOT: 1239 min

Chucky the tree: 679 min

Ares: 1060 min

That is what I've gotten, the names in bold go into the qualification round whilst the other 13 go straight through to the last 16. I'm not going to do anything until 6pm, as it gives people a chance to recheck their times if they think there's a mistake as there's not a chance I'm rechecking them all myself, it was painful enough the first time :pac:

Then at 6pm, somebody neutral can draw the 6 teams and we'll get this started.

Also, just to say well done to everybody involved for making the effort to pick on time especially Xavi and Bounty Hunter who are in different time zones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Picked by Jax in round 4.

Jaysus, I only looked at the latter rounds as I thought anything earlier than 6 would be too early.
    Also, just to say well done to everybody involved for making the effort to pick on time especially Xavi and Bounty Hunter who are in different time zones.

And some of us didn't use a proxy!

Maybe this was true a month ago but he's since found his feet and has been performing very well . He'd have been a better pick than a couple of strikers I can think of .

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Jaysus, I only looked at the latter rounds as I thought anything earlier than 6 would be too early.

And some of us didn't use a proxy!

Nastasic has displaced him, he's settled really well already, far better than Savic. Is it safe to he's the no.1 partner for Kompany?

Fair play Blatter for getting this up and running. Was quite fun to do! And also fair play to G.K for keeping record of the picks. Best of luck to everyone now the serious business starts :P

I think it'd be fairer if there were 3 qualifying matches to decide who moves on, at least give people a chance to argue for their teams.

Liam O wrote: »
    I think it'd be fairer if there were 3 qualifying matches to decide who moves on, at least give people a chance to argue for their teams.

Isn't that what's happening?

• Advertisement

If somebody neutral could randomly make the three qualifying matches using the 6 names bolded above it'd be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

If somebody neutral could randomly make the three qualifying matches using the 6 names bolded above it'd be great.

What do you want me to do ?

Edit; if you number them 1-6 then here is the pairings;

1v4
    2v6
    3v5

Sorry I'm on the iPad so go back and forth pages is an ass to copy/paste names, but I think you catch my drift..

Isn't that what's happening?

d'oh! I thought it was voting for the 3 best teams.

Cheers Leiva, much appreciated.

Trippie v Yurt

eagle eye v ASOT

redzerdrog v eugeneious

Those are the matches. I will start the threads for all three matches tomorrow at 11 am. Voting will be open for 48 hours.

Best of luck.

So do i have to submit the way i want to play my team to you ? I will be in college from 10-5 tommorow so it might be better if i PM you my team and how i'm going to deal with the threat of Trippie's team.

• Advertisement

So do i have to submit the way i want to play my team to you ? I will be in college from 10-5 tommorow so it might be better if i PM you my team and how i'm going to deal with the threat of Trippie's team.

Yep, you can PM an opening post containing that information. Here's a couple of examples from the previous drat...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79376492

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79258830

Still can't believe some guy called my defence dodgy in that semi final thread .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Cheers Leiva, much appreciated.

Trippie v Yurt

eagle eye v ASOT

redzerdrog v eugeneious

Those are the matches. I will start the threads for all three matches tomorrow at 11 am. Voting will be open for 48 hours.

Best of luck.

I'm calling one extremely comfortable victory, one comfortable victory and one close close game.

Blatter has exceeded is pm quote apparently. I tried to send him an edited version of the pm I sent him.

Blatter can you please change 'and Toure' to 'and Noble' before you put up the thread please?

Blatter has exceeded is pm quote apparently. I tried to send him an edited version of the pm I sent him.

Blatter can you please change 'and Toure' to 'and Noble' before you put up the thread please?

Yep, no bother. Deleted a few PMs there to make space anyway.

Been very busy the last couple of days, only getting back to this now. As far as I can tell Yurt, eagle eye and eugeneious are the three that have qualified for the last 16.

Liam O

SirDelboy18

Jax Teller

Incognito Man

eagle eye

Bounty Hunter

Xavi6

Yurt

Fuzzy_Dunlop

Eathrin

Blatter

eugeneious

G.K

Ix Deadmau5

Chucky the tree

Ares

If somebody neutral could randomly jumble up the order of the above list using this it would be great. The first two teams will play each other, as will the second two and the third two etc.

I'll post up the first two matches at 7pm today, voting will be open for 48 hours and then the next two matches will be put up and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

I did it there and got:

Liam O
    SirDelboy18
    eugeneious
    Ix Deadmau5
    G.K
    Eathrin
    Chucky the tree
    Ares
    eagle eye
    Jax Teller
    Bounty Hunter
    Blatter
    Incognito Man
    Fuzzy_Dunlop
    Xavi6
    Yurt

Bounty Hunter vs Blatter

not the team I would have picked to have in the 1st game (tough draw) but should be interesting and im looking forward to it. Would be a great game of football imo. Cazorla, Scholes, Suarez, Dzeko, Oscar, Nasri, Ruiz etc all on one pitch, lpus a bit of Makelele & Paul McGrath.

some very nice ties there alright

Thanks for that event.
    Bounty Hunter vs Blatter

not the team I would have picked to have in the 1st game (tough draw) but should be interesting and im looking forward to it. Would be a great game of football imo. Cazorla, Scholes, Suarez, Dzeko, Oscar, Nasri, Ruiz etc all on one pitch, lpus a bit of Makelele & Paul McGrath.

some very nice ties there alright

I think a lot of the teams are very good. Some very good ties as you say.

what are the odds the top 2 would remain the top 2 :p Not who I would have chosen to play but I suppose it was destined after Delboy's criticisms of my team so far :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement