Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I don't know who to pick..all mah picks are picked. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I don't know who to pick..all mah picks are picked. :(
    Eathrin wrote: »
    There's always Bébé

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

You damn lot, those 4 from Yurt to Blatter were my top 4 choices. I'll have to think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

G.K. wrote: »
    You damn lot, those 4 from Yurt to Blatter were my top 4 choices. I'll have to think...

If Cazorla had been picked by Eathrin, I was strongly considering Cole. Good pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Blatter wrote: »
    If Cazorla had been picked by Eathrin, I was strongly considering Cole. Good pick.

It was a toss up between Valencia and Cazorla!

• Advertisement

Does the picking order go into reverse when we reach #20?
    For the sake of fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

No I go first every round.

This is untrue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

yes #20 picks two and then it goes back up the list

Wasn't sure who to pick, but think Shinji will be a lovely addition.

Just noticed also, I'm at the start of the legends round. Unreal.

Wasn't sure who to pick, but think Shinji will be a lovely addition.

Just noticed also, I'm at the start of the legends round. Unreal.

I was reluctant to pick him but I'm sure he'll kick on given time this season.

• Advertisement

Yeah think Kagawa is a good pick as well.

I was mulling over Kagawa as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Think there's a player gone unpicked so far that's a better choice then a lot of the picks so far, based on the criteria.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Something I just noticed. If we continue the snake order then LiamO gets the first pick of the game, a massive advantage and then gets the first pick in 6 of the 11 rounds while the last pick of the first round, myself, gets to go first in just 5 of the rounds.

Perhaps the snake order stops at Round 10 and we go bottom to top for round 11. Maybe I'm seeing this incorrectly but I think its fairer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

dont think kagawa is a great pick myself its based on current ability not last years and so far i think he has failed to settle in the premiership

Ares wrote: »
    Something I just noticed. If we continue the snake order then LiamO gets the first pick of the game, a massive advantage and then gets the first pick in 6 of the 11 rounds while the last pick of the first round, myself, gets to go first in just 5 of the rounds.

Perhaps the snake order stops at Round 10 and we go bottom to top for round 11. Maybe I'm seeing this incorrectly but I think its fairer.

You get first in the legends round which will be huge though. At that stage there wont be too much difference anyway, it'll just be plugging holes and most will probably be picking for positions rather than skill level. If people agree with you then fair enough but I don't see it as a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not sure how big an advantage going first in the legends round is, there are so many great legends that even down the bottom you'll get some class palyers.

Ares wrote: »

This is slightly fairer, though it won't have a massive impact on the game, you could be picking the league's 20th best left back or the 38th best centre forward at that stage anyway.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    dont think kagawa is a great pick myself its based on current ability not last years and so far i think he has failed to settle in the premiership

I think he was very good in the opening game against Everton - United's best player in fact, and then pretty good against Fulham. He was decent in the second half against Tottenham as well.

He has struggled in the other games though, maybe because he just can't play well every game, and in some of the games he's been played out of position (one of the side midfielders in a diamond)

I think he's shown enough that he's capable of performing in the league, I don't think it's a case of him not settling in. The form of these types of players can be very in and out anyway. Mata was pretty ineffective for the first 6 or 7 games if this season but has been amazing since. Same with Silva last season, great for huge chunks of it and well off the pace other weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

redzerdrog wrote: »

2 goals and 1 assist in 429 minutes in the PL.
    thats not even 5 full games.

i think he's settling in pretty well tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

event wrote: »

Stats don't make a player although they can make him look a lot better or a lot worse than he actually is.

I think on what I've seen to date that its clear there is a lot of talent there but I'm just not so sure yet that it will work out for him on the Premier League. I'm just not sure he is cut out for the pace of the game in England's top flight.

event wrote: »

there is a reason that he only played 429 minutes and I am not talking about injury. He is not cut out for the premiership yet and i think it will be next season before you see the best of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

fair enough.

ive seen a good bit of him, think he's settling in fine. IMO, a lot of people are put off with how well cazorla adapted. he has adapted brilliantly and perhaps compared to him, he doesnt look the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Sorry boys I work in event management hence the late pick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I think it's a waste going for a goalkeeper this early .

Pick is up, at the stage where all the clear cut best players are gone so I had a huge number of options I could go with, decided to go with a defender. With me picking again so gives me a bit more time to think about my next pick as that will probably shape my whole draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jax Teller wrote: »

Maybe in a wider draft this makes sense, but in this one, there aren't many keepers in the PL who people would be willing to stick into a winning team.

For example, no matter how good the rest of a team is, if someone sticks DDG in it, you will get some retards voting against that team because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Well I do have another pick soon enough, so I think picking arguably the best keeper in the league then having a second pick very soon isn't a waste.

Also being in the top 2/3 keepers in the league, it's worthwhile getting the best from a position at this stage when all the other "bests" are gone.

• Advertisement

There's 2 players who are never making it back to me that is very surprising they haven't been picked yet

Gotta love some Tommy.

Anyways, pm sent to GK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't wait to hear Frisbee's thoughts on Vermaelen going so high!

All of my choice picks taken again...

I havent seen as many games as most people but for me there are two outstanding players yet to be picked especially with some of the average performing players going already

With the inclusion of a premiership greats round it makes a lot of good players very likely to fall pretty far.

• Advertisement

Picks made, PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Pick made and PM sent, Yurt unfortunately went offline just two minutes before I sent it!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Ah it's grand i was just having my dinner lads picked Lucas Leiva surprised he was still there.

the last 2 picks was my wishlist for this round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Blatter wrote: »
    I think he was very good in the opening game against Everton - United's best player in fact, and then pretty good against Fulham. He was decent in the second half against Tottenham as well.

He has struggled in the other games though, maybe because he just can't play well every game, and in some of the games he's been played out of position (one of the side midfielders in a diamond)

I think he's shown enough that he's capable of performing in the league, I don't think it's a case of him not settling in. The form of these types of players can be very in and out anyway. Mata was pretty ineffective for the first 6 or 7 games if this season but has been amazing since. Same with Silva last season, great for huge chunks of it and well off the pace other weeks.

Not to be picky, but considering he has only played 8 PL games this is a bit of a crazy statement to make.

• Advertisement

Not to be picky, but considering he has only played 8 PL games this is a bit of a crazy statement to make.

I'm including the Community Shield, Super Cup and Champions League as well. He wasn't great in those games and didn't even start in Chelsea's first CL game against Juventus. He was substituted in the 66th min against Newcastle and was also ineffective against Wigan and Reading.

He started playing well in the game against Stoke and has been majestic since. But he just simply wasn't before hand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Would honestly love to see a Dzeko-Suarez partnership, think they could really work well together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Carroll was funny. Jones? Not so much.

Theres people that seriously wanted to play and he's taking the piss.

Ugh, was gonna pick Baines once it got around. Waiting so long to pick isn't fun as I see all the talent disappear. 1 man team ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I had to take Michu here. I think he is a wonderful player and as its current form I couldn't take a chance of leaving him any longer. He gives me options as he can play in midfield or up front.

michu is a good pick. sigh to AC ripping the piss though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Gk can you do that chart thing you did during the Euros draft ? . I tried to do something but couldn't figure it out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

When we say current form, how long of a time period are we talking? Or is it just a kind of general consensus on the quality of the player at this time?

Is it current form or current ability ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement