Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yurt wrote: »
    Is it current form or current ability ?

I woulda thought it would be ability although one could argue their form is showing that ability as otherwise if someone who clearly isnt a star player has a real purple patch during this draft they would suddenly have to be rated as game changers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well the wording in the op of the picks thread is the following

Players are to be judged on current ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Its ability. If you pick brad jones for example he is still a muck keeper no matter if he goes out and has the game of hes life toady against newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Regardless form plays a big part in determining Current Ability.

Good pick from Jax Teller there. He was my next pick if he was still available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Pm'd Baz but think he might be away .

I had considered HBA. Think he is a good pick.

Also, Baz2009 is gone until Monday night - so I hope somebody has a list of his choices, because otherwise this draft will slow way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Ah **** has he PM'd anyone his choices ? If not should we give him til Monday night ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

As said in the OP, it's up to the individual as to how 'current ability' is exactly defined.

Personally, I look at what level I think a player is capable of performing to, and their current form, and strike a balance between the two.

For example, if Rooney had been absolutely muck since the start of the season, he'd have still have been maybe my 5th choice out of all the players available to me in the PL, purely on the basis of what he's shown to be capable of in the recent past. Now if he had been in excellent form at the start of the season, he'd have probably been my 2nd choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah **** has he PM'd anyone his choices ? If not should we give him til Monday night ?

If he hasn't sent a list to someone then it would be pointless, would be skipping him anyway in the morning. But it would be unfair on him to be skipped and miss out on a round 2 player imo.

Yeah he was told to pm his picks to somebody and he never came back on and confirmed that he had sent picks on. He should have done that and that person could have been pm'd. I say move on and let him make his picks when he gets back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Theres people that seriously wanted to play and he's taking the piss.
    I was pushed for time today, Brad is in good form.

I was pushed for time today, Brad is in good form.

You were pushed for time today so you picked Brad Jones who is in very mediocre form.He's probably in the top 30 keepers in the league but no way should he be picked in this game.

Your taking the piss.

Top 30 keepers? That's being extremely generous tbh :pac:

You were pushed for time today so you picked Brad Jones who is in very mediocre form.He's probably in the top 30 keepers in the league but no way should he be picked in this game.

Your taking the piss.

It's subjective, there are no wrong choices.
    Sub me out mods if you wish.

• Advertisement

It's subjective, there are no wrong choices.
    Sub me out mods if you wish.

It is subjective,but if you really think Brad Jones is in better form than any other keeper in the league than words fail me.

Blatter do you want to confirm whether we move on and I'll make my pick? Obviously if someone has the PM then great. But otherwise we'll be bypassing him anyway in the morning - we may as well continue.

Blatter do you want to confirm whether we move on and I'll make my pick? Obviously if someone has the PM then great. But otherwise we'll be bypassing him anyway in the morning - we may as well continue.

Id prefer to wait to be honest. It'd be pretty unfair if several people picked and he managed to get online tonight or tomorrow morning without his 12 hours having elapsed. I know it's unlikely that he'll be on but you never know. Also, this way, less people will be able to pick by the time he gets online again, meaning more players will be available to him. I think it's unfair not to let the 12 hours run.

It's not going to hold things up that much, you can pick at 9.29 in the morning if he doesn't get online by then.

As you can see below Blatter you told him to pm picks and he never responded. He came back on and responded to you but never sent the picks. He made it pretty clear he would not be on until late Monday night.

I think we should move on.
    baz2009 wrote: »
    I'm going to have little to no internet access from Friday morning 'til late Monday night. If that fecks it up, then kick me out of it!
    Blatter wrote: »
    Is it just this weekend where that'll be the case, or every weekend?

You'll be grand as long as you PM somebody a list of picks in the order you want them!
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Just this one, going to England for it.

Cool. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Surprised Ba didn't get picked earlier.

• Advertisement

He said that before the order of the draft was made. He was third picker and he picked on Thursday evening. He might have assumed (wrongly) that his next turn almost certainly wouldn't come around until after the weekend. In fairness there's been 33 picks since his and he might see that as a lot for 4 days. I think it's unfair to assume that he's been totally negligent.

He would have had to make a long list there's been like 32 picks since his last one .

Maybe skip him for this round but I don't think I'd be fair for him to miss out on 2 rounds.

Jax Teller wrote: »
    He would have had to make a long list there's been like 32 picks since his last one .

Maybe skip him for this round but I don't think I'd be fair for him to miss out on 2 rounds.

This is another thing, the list would have been huge. I think it's fair to let his time elapse for this round and then move on. I don't think there's much danger of him missing his 3rd pick, he'll more than likely have plenty of time for that.

This is another thing, the list would have been huge. I think it's fair to let his time elapse for this round and then move on. I don't think there's much danger of him missing his 3rd pick, he'll more than likely have plenty of time for that.

Would we then be potentially waiting the 12 hours for him again in the third round? Because if we go by the speed of the picks, LiamO and I will have ours done quite quickly and it'll be back to him again very early tomorrow.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Andy Carroll making a mockery of the whole thing. Sub him out to fúck please.

Ares wrote: »

It's not that big a deal, he'll be knocked out in the first round, it's not serious business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Gk can you do that chart thing you did during the Euros draft ? . I tried to do something but couldn't figure it out .

I'm doing it for my own benefit - will post for everyone at end of this round.

Ares wrote: »

I post on time, that counts for a lot.

I post on time, that counts for a lot.

Can i ask you your logic in picking Brad Jones ? Did you think if you hadn't snapped him up this round you'd have missed out on him ?

Do you think he has the most ability in the premier league ? Has he been the most consistent player in the 5 odd games he's played ?

Your on a wind up and you know it.

Can i ask you your logic in picking Brad Jones ? Did you think if you hadn't snapped him up this round you'd have missed out on him ?

Do you think he has the most ability in the premier league ? Has he been the most consistent player in the 5 odd games he's played ?

Your on a wind up and you know it.

Please sub Yurt in for me.

• Advertisement

Please sub Yurt in for me.

If you were even following the competition you would realize that i'm already in it.

If you were even following the competition you would realize that i'm already in it.

I haven't paid as much attention to your posts as you have mine, no.
    Who did you pick?

I haven't paid as much attention to your posts as you have mine, no.
    Who did you pick?

Probably because i'm taking it seriously.I picked Gareth Bale and Lucas Leiva. You have Brad Jones and Andy Carroll.Who next Kevin Nolan ? Carragher ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It has to be Doni...make his give his prize money to charity, seems like a fair punishment.

Probably because i'm taking it seriously.I picked Gareth Bale and Lucas Leiva. You have Brad Jones and Andy Carroll.Who next Kevin Nolan ? Carragher ?

Since you're taking it seriously can you not name unpicked players in thread please. Especially one who could go in the next couple of rounds.

No, carra is muck.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    It has to be Doni...make his give his prize money to charity, seems like a fair punishment.

Think he is in Brazil or something?
    Is he eligible... need a tricky little winger.

Id prefer to wait to be honest. It'd be pretty unfair if several people picked and he managed to get online tonight or tomorrow morning without his 12 hours having elapsed. I know it's unlikely that he'll be on but you never know. Also, this way, less people will be able to pick by the time he gets online again, meaning more players will be available to him. I think it's unfair not to let the 12 hours run.

It's not going to hold things up that much, you can pick at 9.29 in the morning if he doesn't get online by then.

You were definitely right on this one - Good man Baz for getting on this tonight

ah Baz, I was going to take Raf, Knew we should have skipped you :p

Really tough choice there but I now have a really solid spine to my team.

Nearly picked Sagna too, didn't realise GK had him...

Think he is in Brazil or something?
    Is he eligible... need a tricky little winger.

He's eligible - still contracted to pool. I think he's on his way back too.

• Advertisement

Also:

drafttt.png

Edit: Gah, slightly too early for SirDelboy's pick, which is a damn fine one btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmmmm, Sahin described as one of the best CMs in the Premier League. Can't say I agree with that one.

Surpised Rafael went so high as well.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, Sahin described as one of the best CMs in the Premier League. Can't say I agree with that one.

I was waiting on both of those players on ability Sahin is one of the best players in the league he just hasn't settled in as quick as some Liverpool fans would have wanted.

And as for Rafael there's very few quality right backs in the league.

feck you SirDelboy18 I thought Jan migh sneak down to me

baz2009 didnt pm his picks to anyone did he?

Xavi6 wrote: »

I don't see many players in that position better than him. He's better than all United's, all City's outside Yaya and all Chelsea's outside maybe Ramires but it's close on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Liam O wrote: »
    I don't see many players in that position better than him. He's better than all United's, all City's outside Yaya and all Chelsea's outside maybe Ramires but it's close on that one.

Dembele, Fellaini, Arteta who were picked before him are better imo.
    There are a couple others not picked yet that spring to mind also.
    I think I would have waited till round 4 to pick Sahin if he was still available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Liam O wrote: »

I guess my reasoning is that it's based on current ability but we've seen feck all of him consistently since he was at Dortmund so there isn't much to go on, apart from what he was like in 2010/11.

If he gets back to that form fair enough but I'd have a much bigger question mark over him than someone with slightly lesser ability but playing well week in, week out in the league.

If Baz doesn't pick before 19.57 it's my go I think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Sahin has a big rep but whats he actually done in the Prem league so far? Any game I have seen of him so far hes been subbed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

If Baz doesn't pick before 19.57 it's my go I think ?

17:57 isn't it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement