Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

How do you keep the picks fair? Does the person who gets to pick first rotate?

Looks good.

Blatter has the edge with the first 3 imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Leiva wrote: »
    How do you keep the picks fair? Does the person who gets to pick first rotate?

Looks good.

Blatter has the edge with the first 3 imo

Not really, it runs 1-20, then backwards, 20-1. So the 20th person gets two picks, and runs back up to the first person who picked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Berbatov was the next guy i couldn't believe lasted that long.
    An attack can be built around him, and a bloody super player and finisher.
    The lads who haven't got strikers yet could be in trouble

event wrote: »
    Berbatov was the next guy i couldn't believe lasted that long.
    An attack can be built around him, and a bloody super player and finisher.
    The lads who haven't got strikers yet could be in trouble

I dunno..there is a few decent ones left, and depending on their formation, they may only be going for one striker, and take one in the legends of the pl round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

My ideal next two players are both from the same club which is quite annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I could help with Baz's team if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think by about round six we'll see just how average the Premier League is outside the top few big teams. It'll be tough to get genuine quality from there on.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I think by about round six we'll see just how average the Premier League is outside the top few big teams. It'll be tough to get genuine quality from there on.

Very. I think teams are best built from the back out and with a strong spine. All well and good having the best full back in the league but if you've a cetral defence consisting of Southampton and Reading defenders then you're up shít creek. The inverse of this isn't near as bad.

With the amount of attacking quality in the top couple of picks a strong defence will be needed.

The last couple of rounds will probably mainly position orientated. I had a look at a few of the older drafts and there always seemed to be a run on goalkeepers and left backs in particular in Round 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

SantryRed wrote: »
    I could help with Baz's team if needs be.

We have a list of reserves already, thanks for the offer though!

I PM'd Trippie there. If he's interested, he can take over Baz's team and make a third pick anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Blatter wrote: »
    We have a list of reserves already, thanks for the offer though!

I PM'd Trippie there. If he's interested, he can take over Baz's team and make a third pick anytime.

If he doesn't want it, I'll take as I'm next after him, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This might sound bad as we do have reserves but as we will have to eliminate people anyway when we get to the end of this as people only want 16 so we can have knockout matches, why not just eliminate him now and not replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Give me an hour or so and I´ll make a pic for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Have to agree with BH there .

I don't think kicking somebody out of the draft is going to make a significant difference to the rest of us now. It might save a few hours, if that.

I'd prefer to give somebody the chance to compete if they want it. Aguero and Rafael aren't the two worst picks to work with and I still think there's a couple of quality players left that could easily match up to a lot of the 3rd round picks so I don't think he's going to be at a huge disadvantage.

round three pick made, need to dodge a few bullets with next two picks i make though, i am also going to be flying from Colombia to the US later on today so if my next picks aren´t made right away that is why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Johnson is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Johnson's gone and picking him breaks the rules, think you might have burn your bridges here AC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pick made and pm sent to Incognito Man. I never got a pm from redzerdog. He did send one to me when I followed him in a previous round. I'm just posting this because I think its important that people pm the next guy to keep this running at the excellent pace we have had so far.

As for my pick, premium full backs are being picked at a high rate of knots in this draft and I don't want to fall behind. Riise for me has been one of the best in the business for a long time now and he keeps on doing it. He is just so consistent.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Pick made and pm sent to Incognito Man. I never got a pm from redzerdog. He did send one to me when I followed him in a previous round. I'm just posting this because I think its important that people pm the next guy to keep this running at the excellent pace we have had so far.

As for my pick, premium full backs are being picked at a high rate of knots in this draft and I don't want to fall behind. Riise for me has been one of the best in the business for a long time now and he keeps on doing it. He is just so consistent.

Same with ASOT and me, but it didn't matter too much, I always have boards open and keep a eye out.

Riise is a good pick, i am going for different positions these rounds but he was on my list for wing backs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Same with ASOT and me, but it didn't matter too much, I always have boards open and keep a eye out.

Yeah i only realized in the previous round i was to do this, my bad lads!

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah i only realized in the previous round i was to do this, my bad lads!

Theres no worries, I always had a boards tab open.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Does form outside the EPL count?

If it does, the Mirallas pick is pretty inspired.

Liking the Odemwingie pick too, excellent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

well i posted from my phone and sent you a pm but i wasnt sure if it sent or not so i tried to re-send it but it wouldnt allow me too as it sent i had to wait 60 secs so I presumed it sent.

Apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Easiest thing anyway is to follow the thread and have it send you an email when posts are made in the thread.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    well i posted from my phone and sent you a pm but i wasnt sure if it sent or not so i tried to re-send it but it wouldnt allow me too as it sent i had to wait 60 secs so I presumed it sent.

Apologies
    No worries mate, I wasn't giving out. Its just this thing has gone really well so far and I thought I'd just mention it for everyone as a reminder.

I was expecting one from you because you are a reg and you sent me one the last time. I just thought it was an oversight during a busy day or somewhat.

Nice picks from Liamo there considering where he was.

Nice picks from Liamo there considering where he was.
    passed up on Gerrard on the last one so when it got back around I felt I had to. Planned on playing Dempsey behind RVP but since Dempsey played on the left so well for Fulham for years it made sense getting Gerrard to play there

Trippie pick made and PM sent to Jax Teller.

• Advertisement

Delboy is going to be awfully hard to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Every team is going to have to carry some awful players imo. 20 players is looking like too many. Will be good to see how people cover for these.

What do people think of the Julio Cesar pick? I know there are other very good keepers still there but this guy for me is different class. I reckon he will be at one of the bigger clubs in 8 months time. It was a bit of a shock when he joined QPR, reminded me of when Van der Sar joined Fulham.

wasnt expecting this to come around so quick, will pick within half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

What do people think of the Julio Cesar pick? I know there are other very good keepers still there but this guy for me is different class. I reckon he will be at one of the bigger clubs in 8 months time. It was a bit of a shock when he joined QPR, reminded me of when Van der Sar joined Fulham.

In all honesty there are are a few 'keepers I would have chosen before him. He seems a bit error prone since the beginning of last season. Just my opinion though!

There's better keepers left IMO

• Advertisement

There's enough decent keepers to not have to go in for one so early imo.

There's enough decent keepers to not have to go in for one so early imo.

I was of the same opinion but I would put Hart and Cech on a tier above the rest of the keepers, which is why I went for Cech last round. After that there are plenty of options all of a similar level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Great speed with the picks guys!

I was of the same opinion but I would put Hart and Cech on a tier above the rest of the keepers, which is why I went for Cech last round. After that there are plenty of options all of a similar level.
    I'd honestly say that there is little difference between the top 10-15 keepers in the league in their magnificent shot stopping ability. There's one or two who have better distribution than the rest but if you put some of the mid table keepers into City or Chelsea's teams they'd look as good as Hart or Cech imo

Think Gallas is a poor poor pick. Been so bad this year. Just my opinion.

• Advertisement

Think Gallas is a poor poor pick. Been so bad this year. Just my opinion.

Don't think he has been bad at all when compared to players that went before pretty much all of them have made howlers and had bad games. He has been no worse than the majority of them and at least he is currently playing not like some of the CB that have gone before him.

I need a particular type of cb and he fits the bill perfectly for me

Barton doesn't count either.

Still trying to figure out why someone would just do this to take the piss. Whatever gets you off I guess.

Still trying to figure out why someone would just do this to take the piss. Whatever gets you off I guess.

actually just thinking that even though ive picked and pmd you, but sure if people think that of AC's team then im happy with him having Barton as atleast that way he isnt taking a pick that someone after him really wants / has planned for.

on my pick, you dont actually see that much talk of Ruiz on boards so I'm not sure how good a pick that will be considerd but I honestly think he is a quality player and was well impressed when Fulham sign him.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Can someone just throw him out of the competition. It was never funny, like pretty much every joke he makes on the forum.

Also BH, Ruiz is a great pick, I was hoping he'd fall to me at the bottom of the this round. Great little pick.

You forgot about Cahill in the write up in the picks thread by the way.

Also agree about AC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Blatter i hate you i taught richards would sneak down to me....

Good value on the Richards pick there I think.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Good value on the Richards pick there I think.

I honestly thought he was already gone, def good value at this stage. There isn't a list of who's been picked floating about is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Am I missing something, has no one picked Steven Gerrard yet?

bullvine wrote: »
    Am I missing something, has no one picked Steven Gerrard yet?

Liamo picked him .

• Advertisement
Advertisement