Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

As is Adebayor and imo Blatters team is looking very strong with the legends round still available to help shore things up defensively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Jesus Blatter tough job cracking the whip with all those characters in your team. Predicting a dressing room bust up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ares wrote: »
    Now that we're through 5 rounds and into the sixth with teams beginning to take shape could you, and any one else, like to give opinions on who is putting together a nice team so far and your reasons why.

Once GK updates the sheet I'll be all over it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Jesus Blatter tough job cracking the whip with all those characters in your team. Predicting a dressing room bust up!

What characters?
    Ade is the only on who ever really moans

event wrote: »

What characters?
    Ade is the only on who ever really moans

Nasri was quite disruptive around the time before his move to City, going public with his disatisfaction. Richards is a mouthpiece too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Nasri was quite disruptive around the time of his move to Arsenal, going public with his disatisfaction. Richards is a mouthpiece too.

Assio Ekatto doesnt like football :pac: Apparently he goes onto the field at times and doesnt even know what competition hes playing in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Belated, but here we are:

drafte.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

As an outsider looking in, I think Gaston Ramirez is a good pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Yeah he's a good pick at this stage. someone would have went for him earlier had he not been injured people probably haven't seen much of him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Made my pick. no big deal but I didn't get a PM off Eathrin the last two go's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Made my pick. no big deal but I didn't get a PM off Eathrin the last two go's.

Just realised I've been sending PMs here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=210382
    Apologies:o

Shawcross is a good pick, surprised he has lasted until now.
    It was between himself and Jagielka in my 4th round pick.
    I don't think some of the CBs picked since then are quite as good but it's a marginal difference.

cheers Blatter, didnt think id be online when the pick before me was made, but either way scholsey was acquired... wahey!

..............Dzeko

....Suarez.............Ruiz

.............Scholes
    ...........Mid....Tiote

...........CB.......Luiz

Also think Shawcross was a good choice, if I was getting a CB this time (will be looking at my Def now) it would have been him if he had not gone. Should I PM Andy Caroll, or has that been done

Should I PM Andy Caroll, or has that been done

AC just reminded me that after some hinting on thread he gracefully withdrew himself from the draft so ill now pm the person after him in the line as I dont think Santryred was officially made his replacement and since we will drop to 16 participants anyway so imo it doesent make much to add more now esp if they perhaps might not be all that happy taking over a side like AC has assembled so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted to get Duffer this late in the draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Poor Lennon nearly everyone of his spurs team mates had been picked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Poor Lennon nearly everyone of his spurs team mates had been picked

very good pick.

I'd considered taking him this round.

Curse you mr Jax. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Been keeping an eye on this to see how long Scholes would last.

I think it's frankly mental that he lasted as long as he did. The guy Man United still rely on to run the show, arguably the best passer of a ball in England, and no one picks him until Round 6?

Don't get that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I think it's frankly mental that he lasted as long as he did. The guy Man United still rely on to run the show, arguably the best passer of a ball in England, and no one picks him until Round 6?

Don't get that at all.

To pick him you'd need another very good defensive midfielder, if not 2 decent ones. Scholes is a brilliant passer, but against a energetic midfield he is in trouble, especially since his tackling isn't great, and considering his age. I was tempted by him but decided against.

COMPLETELY forgot about Maicon. Very good pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

To pick him you'd need another very good defensive midfielder, if not 2 decent ones. Scholes is a brilliant passer, but against a energetic midfield he is in trouble, especially since his tackling isn't great, and considering his age. I was tempted by him but decided against.

I would think midfield grafters are a lot easier to find than a guy with the vision and awareness of a Scholes. I think having him in the middle of the park is a major asset. He's also capable of popping up with a crucial goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Delboy was Yacob the guy you were on about in the signing of the season thread ?

It's certainly who I interpreted his comment as referring to.

Also:

draftdb.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Delboy was Yacob the guy you were on about in the signing of the season thread ?

Yeah

Delboy do you support West Brom secretly or something? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Gone for two outstanding midfielders from smaller clubs as opposed to bit part players at the bigger ones. Morrison & McCarthy offer versatility and options leading into the all star round. Happy enough with the 5 picks I have made.

There's an absolute gem midfielder not picked yet, considering Lucas went in round two, it's baffling this guy is still not picked yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's an absolute gem midfielder not picked yet, considering Lucas went in round two, it's baffling this guy is still not picked yet.

At least two that I can think of. Love checking up on this draft thing daily tbh :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Don't get that at all.

Shocked he got picked at all tbh. In a format that doesn't have subs having Scholes in there for 90 minutes is a huge liability.

Shocked he got picked at all tbh. In a format that doesn't have subs having Scholes in there for 90 minutes is a huge liability.
    I would think midfield grafters are a lot easier to find than a guy with the vision and awareness of a Scholes. I think having him in the middle of the park is a major asset. He's also capable of popping up with a crucial goal.

I guess the reason he lasted until my mid rd6 pick is a little from colum A and a litttle from column but no doubt he would benefit from being in a 3 man midfield with at least a class DM like Tiote part of those 3.

Been more than 12 hours, who ever is next can pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

dont think the hours between 12 and 7 count towards your time

as 1am to 7am doesent count i think Eagle Eye has till sometime around 7pm to pick, then it's Redzer followed by me now that Andy has withdrawn

That Maicon pick is looking even better after today. He has been fantastic since he came on for City. Even outpaced Bale at one stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Knex. wrote: »
    That Maicon pick is looking even better after today. He has been fantastic since he came on for City. Even outpaced Bale at one stage!

It's usually going the other way he struggles though.

SantryRed wrote: »

It's usually going the other way he struggles though.

Not really, got lazy last couple of years at Inter but he was a fantastic defender during the Jose years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Moves on in 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

There is one centre back that I am shocked hasn't been picked yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Just a reminder:
    • The wildcard round will be played in round 8 and will be any former Premier League player that is currently retired. The player will be judged on his peak form in the Premier League

So if a great player who did play in the Prem had his prime in the pre-premiership days (old Div1) it wont count. Only his Prem peak will count, correct? think this was an issue in a previous draft so yup worth clarifying now in advance of that rounds picks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

So if a great player who did play in the Prem had his prime in the pre-premiership days (old Div1) it wont count. Only his Prem peak will count, correct? think this was an issue in a previous draft so yup worth clarifying now in advance of that rounds picks.

Yup that's exactly it, the likes of Ronnie Whelan and Shevchenko for example would be wasted picks.

Was wondering when Hangeland was going to get picked. Team is shaping up nicely Blatter!

Knew I should have taken Johnson this round. Thought he was more likely to slip than Evra though...

Shearer was always gonna go first really, thought I might have a chance though.

Shearer was always gonna go first really, thought I might have a chance though.

Shearer being arguably the best striker the PL had doesn't mean his peak ability was the best which is what counts here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Eathrin wrote: »
    Shearer being arguably the best striker the PL had doesn't mean his peak ability was the best which is what counts here!!
    I don't think his peak ability as a striker can be beaten by anybody whether you are talking about one game, one season or his full time in the EPL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

If we take his peak year to be 1994-1995, I don't think it can be beaten by any striker.

• Advertisement

Fabregas isn't retired, go again Eathrin.

Advertisement